It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V-Shape UFO Formation over Iceland Volcano | Sky News 4/18/2010

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Here is the original footage

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

THIS IS REAL SIMPLE, ITS GOING IN AND OUT OF PYROCLASTIC MATERIAL BEING EJECTED OUT OF THIS VOLCANO WHICH IS IN THE THOUSANDS OF DEGREES. BIRDS!!!!!!!!THEY WOULD BE THE FIRST FYING GOOSE BUFFE

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
[edit on 20-4-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

any chance this was photoshopped?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

I have to say that it looks like birds. They are not over the vulcano but well behind the eruption.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
the temperature of ash coulds like this is immense any birds would literally be roasted.

the respiratory systems would shut down way before actual roasting occurred.

then there is the fact that animals are very perceptive of danger and would try and escape it.

many reports of dogs birds etc... going crazy before natural events like this they would not be just hanging around. its not exactly in their best interests or every animals self preservation instincts to fly into an effective oven....

Quite right. But if it looks like a flock of birds, that's probably what it is, right?

We can debate until the cows come home about why birds would be there or why not.

Plus, you can see the ash cloud nearby but if they are birds they're not even flying through it. Not to say wildlife would want to stick around. On the contrary. But Perhaps they're just migrating. It is Springtime in the Northern Hemisphere. In that case they would just be passing through, perhaps even getting a closer peak at what the heck was going on as they passed by.

-ChriS

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
this was shown on german tv and it was was obviously a flock of birds...they are not flying directly over the volcano but are in front of it...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Anyone who knows me on here will know that I'm usually one of the first to point out the most obvious explanation to UFO sightings, such as a thread yesterday, that was obviously bats hunting at night, but I see no reason why birds would be anywhere near this volcano. Animals aren't stupid and they keep their distance from such a dangerous phenomenon.

Not only would any bird not be able to survive inside such an environment, they wouldn't even go near it and certainly wouldn't keep the presence of mind to stay in formation. They would be scattered and trying to survive.

No man made craft that I am aware of would be able to fly in these conditions either.

I have no idea what the hell these are, so until someone offers me a more reasonable explanation, or can prove that these were suicidal geese, then I'm calling UFO (not necessarily alien in origin).

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo
Animals aren't stupid and they keep their distance from such a dangerous phenomenon.

They are keeping their distance.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
Some of you better open your minds and use your common sense and logic and not go with what everyone is saying and no, i'm not going along with the ones that is saying its an alien spacecraft. just using logic and common sense which telling me its not anything living along with the facts of volcano's gases,heat. put 2 and 2 together..

If you were using any form of logic and/or common sense, you'd understand that there's no way to determine the distance, depth or physicality of these objects. In all honesty, they appear to be in front of the ash cloud, because if they were inside it, you'd see an enormous haze effect, which is not present. All I'm saying is don't accuse others of not using the same common sense you're failing to use yourself.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I can't believe that this thread is still going on - Those are birds, and I'd appreciate it if the nutcases in this thread stop blowing things out of proportion whereby everything is a UFO. How do I know? I was watching the full clip on Sky News with birds flying by in a V-formation. All this clip is doing is showing a small part of that video clip as news channels do. I was about to upload that entire geese video but don't have it anymore on my Sky HD box thus can't prove it. I'm 99.9% certain that they showed the geese flying by Live on Sky News around a couple of days ago mainly because I turned to my family and said that the geese don't seem to give a f***.

If this thread shows anything, it's that it exposes the lack of basic comprehension skills by some people. Always be critical of everything unless there was 100% proof that it is actually what you think it is. I've also added some people to my ignore list for stupidity in insisting that this was a V-shaped or any other style UFO. It's birds - Get over it.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by JasonT]

[edit on 20-4-2010 by JasonT]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
OK, so someone offered me a more reasonable explanation than birds.

Those would be house lights. In the daytime you will see the structures sitting on a small hill. Nothing to worry about.

Source

No definite conclusion, but this makes more sense to me, mainly because the video really shows no movement to the V formation in comparison with the cloud and I'm pretty sure geese can't hover.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Animals aren't stupid and they keep their distance from such a dangerous phenomenon.

Says who?

It's already been pointed out that there is no scale for distancing these objects. They could be inside, in front of or behind the cloud.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I saw this on Sky and they were saying look at the scale of the plume up against the flock of geese . Why anyone thought this is a ufo is beyond me.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
I saw this on Sky and they were saying look at the scale of the plume up against the flock of geese . Why anyone thought this is a ufo is beyond me.

Thank God that another saw that same clip. Think it's just nutjobs making a big deal out of everything and have nothing better to do. Obviously those who saw the whole clip would know more than people like nik1 above who doesn't seem to know much at all nor is listening to those who DO know what it is.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Saw an image that I don't know whether it may help or not but here it is.

edit: gotta scroll to the right to see the small white specks.

Source and more amazing images here
www.boston.com...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by moonwalk]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I think they might be birds also;
but for them to be in such close proximity to an erupting volcano is what makes me skeptical as to whether theyre really birds or not

[edit on 20-4-2010 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
sorry.. ur saying anything thats unidentified automatically fly's in a uniform manner, that makes no sense what so ever.

i think you are confusing something that's unidentified

and say an alien craft.

to say its a ufo does not mean alien. but simply unidentified.

i simply dont think these are geese or birds. i never said they where craft or intelligent orbs, alien etc.

they could be, but they are u.f.o's so by nature one cant say. i just dont think birds would be in a v formation in an ash could or that near. thermals rising from the heat would throw them out of formation. into a spiral pattern.

and the combination of toxic gasses and the heat make it rather improbable.

the heat would singe and burn the feathers making flight impossible. allong with their lungs stopping from burns from shear heat and toxic gass. (see my previous posts)

Have you any sort of proof for this BS? The heat? Do you know at what height they'r at? Do you know the usual temperature above n erupting volcano? No? Then accept that it's birds (cause it clearly #ing is) and go troll in some other thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Thanks for that post moonwalk. I did ask myself why I could not see any other birds on footage from the eruption, their presence would lend support to the bird theory.

You proved that there are other birds flying in the vicinity of the eruption, which makes it possible for these 'geese' to be where they are... which is what it looks like.

I believe that the camera man in the helicopter would have continued to film the formation had he thought they were anything else but birds flying in a V-formation. I would have. Instead he simply used them as a measure to show the scope of the eruption.

I am beyond reasonable doubt convinced that the UFO phenomenon is real and that a manifestation of some sort is taking place in the skies and the waters, controlled by some type of intelligence, but this time around it was only a flock of birds.

It seems that they're more adaptable than jet engines, what superior technology, these geese

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Heliocentric]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Says who?

It's already been pointed out that there is no scale for distancing these objects. They could be inside, in front of or behind the cloud.

True, but you typed the above as some sort of claim that it could not be birds. Im saying that it can be, for the reasons you just mentioned.

Im a believer myself in UFO's but this looks exactly like birds to me. If this was a ship, why are we seeing only 2 sides of the triangle? Why is it hollow inside and only 2 of the 3 edges are showing? Why are there equal spaced gaps in its sides?

But our perceptions may differ and everything is relative, so I understand if you think its a UFO.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join