It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V-Shape UFO Formation over Iceland Volcano | Sky News 4/18/2010

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
so regarding these reports i find it hard to believe that these "super geese" are flying along in a perfect v shape with none flagging behind, falling out of formation or simply falling out of the sky dead.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jericanman

The original video was claimed to have been a view of geese. We know that snow geese do migrate in V formations around this area during this time of year. And you yourself have provided us with eye-witness accounts of these geese flying around and even into the ash cloud.

And yet you find it hard to believe that these are geese??

First of all, that is not a "perfect" formation. You can clearly see a couple of geese who are not quite equally spaced. If they were UFO's, why wouldn't they be in perfect formation? Second of all, they are clearly trying to fly away from the cloud, and are at least partially if not totally free from the ashes and gases of the cloud (or else the cloud would obscure them... you cannot see very far into a volcanic cloud like that). Additionally a telephoto lens will make it hard to judge the distance between the birds and the cloud. And third of all, why do we have to go to such great lengths to convince you that these are obviously birds?

We already have a rational explanation for this. If you still want to say that these are not birds, then YOU are the one who will have to go to great lengths to convince US.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
that is interesting

with such close proximity to the eruption it rules out a lot of things.

That's what she said!

No but really. I'd say birds too. but next to a assploding volcano?
i'd wait for better video or pics.

I don't see any glinting. leads me to think it's not metal.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I was going to say no because they look white and geese are brown and black, but I'm from Canada and completely oblivious to other types of geese.

Going to have to agree with the other accounts here, they probably were geese. May they rest in medium rare pieces.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by seanizle]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
sorry.. ur saying anything thats unidentified automatically fly's in a uniform manner, that makes no sense what so ever.

i think you are confusing something that's unidentified

and say an alien craft.

to say its a ufo does not mean alien. but simply unidentified.

i simply dont think these are geese or birds. i never said they where craft or intelligent orbs, alien etc.

they could be, but they are u.f.o's so by nature one cant say. i just dont think birds would be in a v formation in an ash could or that near. thermals rising from the heat would throw them out of formation. into a spiral pattern.

and the combination of toxic gasses and the heat make it rather improbable.

the heat would singe and burn the feathers making flight impossible. allong with their lungs stopping from burns from shear heat and toxic gass. (see my previous posts)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jericanman

Why are you so desperate to make this something it isn't? Why not believe the truth rather than continue to make yourself look foolish? I'm not the only person on this thread who saw the original clip and if you follow the YouTube link in my previous post you will see comments from others like me.

Let it go mate. Normally I wouldn't push so hard to make a point, but I know what I saw with my own eyes and like I said before it really worries me that you (and some others) have been so easily mislead by such a vague video, all be it unintentionally.

Trust me...I'm a man of the cloth...kinda!

Rev

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
BIRDS I SAY! File Closed... Blam!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Don't mind me asking but where is this UFO? All I'm seeing is a V shaped formation of birds enjoying the heat.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
are we actually gona have a new thread for a flock of bird's flying into the volcanic ash?

i believe in ufo's but..

that's just retarded...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Mr Zeropoint]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Think this one is identified as birds now lol ;D

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It certainly looks like a flock of birds to me. It thats the case, considering the size of even large birds, they are a LOT closer to the camera than the ash plume and therefore not near enough to the plume to be affected by it.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Interesting video. Amazing that an airplane sent specifically for photographing and getting ash samples from the volcano has to stay miles away for fear of death but geese seem to have no problems with the eruption. Some tough freeking geese in Iceland!

I would say that the v-formation is probably not really there but some sort camera abberation but cameraman seemed to think something was there.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hmm interesting, I think we need to know how far away the V shaped pattern is from the volcanic debris before we can chalk this one up to anything. It is very hard to tell from the video footage presented here. If someone could get the information on where exactly the plane that was shooting this footage was, that would be a step in the right direction for solving this. Until then speculation is all either party will have. Maybe these guys:www3.hi.is... would know best, drop them an email asking what they think. Familiar with the area and birdwatchers for most of their lives, if anyone would know what was in the air (as far as birds go) it would be one of them.

Good hunting!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Seems simple enough to me. People are assuming the geese are inside the ash cloud. They are in fact far, far closer to the camera. In a shot of a volcano that far away, the geese would have to be very close to the camera to even show up in the image.

It is an illusion that they are in the ash. They are not. To be visible as far away as the ash is, they would be the size of 747's. They are probably less than a hundred yards from the camera, while the ash cloud is many miles distant.

To understand photo's, you first must understand perspective.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would assume birds is out of the question, I was under the impression that animals could sense danger through site, sounds, and magnetic frequencies. If those are geese than you could rule out that animals don't have a keen site when it comes to big dangers such as this.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
geese

They were talking about it live on air at some point.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I agree with whomever pointed out they are not in the clouds at all. They are probably somewhere between the photographer and the cloud, and nowhere near the ash at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They are geese or other birds, not only did the newsreaders say so, you can see them flapping their wings if you have a big enough TV. Good observation but not what it looks like sorry to say.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
Also check out the comments on this YouTube link:

YouTube Link

As you can see, others saw the original video and report that they were birds.

Sorry to say it, but I vote this sighting to be a hoax.

Rev

[edit on 19/4/2010 by revmoofoo]

[edit on 19/4/2010 by revmoofoo]

I think you mean a mistaken identity. A hoax would involve someone intentionally putting, or flying something above the volcano to get a picture for the intent of falsifying info; Or it would involve someone applying CGI to the scenario in order to fool others.

In any case...
1. They're not geese or birds. They'd be dead. Use the brain God gave you people.
2. They're not weather balloons. They'd be destroyed in those conditions.

I don't know what this V formation is, but, people really should quit insulting their own intelligences with these ridiculous and mundane answers. In this case, the more mundane the answer, the less likely you're using your mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join