It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This might be a strange question....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
With so many T.V. Shows and websites about U.F.O.'s and Secret Government Cover Ups and all that, how is it folks keep saying the Government is keeping secrets about them?
I mean if no one really believes the story and we have all this data spread all over the internet have they really been successful in keeping the secret?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The science channel, discovery, and history, have all been airing shows related to all of this. History is airing a new show called Ancient Aliens tomorrow... I am gonna be watching it, thats for sure. But still. why now? Why have all these television shows about nostradamus, aliens, and the world ending been showing on these channels lately?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
what is shown on tv is directly related to what people want to see.

all this conspiracy stuff is the new IT thing of this decade i guess, so all the channels are giving the people what they want

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Government has never acknowledged any U.F.O. reports. And the few times they did, they were immediately retracted by higher ups.

Most informed people know the government knows a lot more about these events than they ever let on to knowing.

But, the government lies about more things than UFO's.

I suspect there are more TV shows on this and similar issues than normal now because of the 2012 thing. There were an abundance of similar shows and internet chatter during the Y2K hype. And there will be for the next big supposed ending of the world too.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
The Government has never acknowledged any U.F.O. reports. And the few times they did, they were immediately retracted by higher ups.

See this is exactly my point. The few times they did acknowledge all the U.F.O. stuff they kinda already let the cat out of the bag. So really how can there even be a secret now? I mean its not as if the populous can "Unknow" what they have already learned.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacerd
With so many T.V. Shows and websites about U.F.O.'s and Secret Government Cover Ups and all that, how is it folks keep saying the Government is keeping secrets about them?
I mean if no one really believes the story and we have all this data spread all over the internet have they really been successful in keeping the secret?

I think the answer is like the difference between a ballpark figure and a seat number.

We all know something's going on...we also know there is a cover-up. We know there are UFOs and we know that they know too. That's the ballpark.

What we don't know are the details of what exactly is going on and what exactly is being covered up. We don't know the why. That's the seat number.

There's a lot of people that think or believe they know the seat number. The thing is, they can't prove it...which puts us all back in the ballpark. Chasing our own tails in other words

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
its called 'hiding in plain sight'. If you saturate the market with enough stuff and tweak the facts here and there you can literally over saturate the market to the point where people just dont care anymore. I feel we've almost hit that point with so many conspiracy theories and so many shows supporting them its getting hard to sift through the crap to find the truth

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Its called Project Bluebook
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Book]

Government funded attempt at disinformation in order to claim UFOs didnt exhist. For the most part they did what they set out to do. There were a handful of cases that couldnt be explained away. Very interesting

Some interesting facts:

-About 69% of the cases were judged known or identified (38% were considered conclusively identified while 31% were still "doubtfully" explained); about 9% fell into insufficient information. About 22% were deemed "unknown", down from the earlier 28% value of the Air Force studies.

-In the known category, 86% of the knowns were aircraft, balloons, or had astronomical explanations. Only 1.5% of all cases were judged to be psychological or "crackpot" cases. A "miscellaneous" category comprised 8% of all cases and included possible hoaxes.
The higher the quality of the case, the more likely it was to be classified unknown. 35% of the excellent cases were deemed unknowns, whereas only 18% of the poorest cases. This was the exact opposite result predicted by skeptics, who usually argued unknowns were poorer quality cases involving unreliable witnesses that could be solved if only better information were available.

-In all six studied sighting characteristics, the unknowns were different from the knowns at a highly statistically significant level: in five of the six measures the odds of knowns differing from unknowns by chance was only 1% or less. When all six characteristics were considered together, the probability of a match between knowns and unknowns was less than 1 in a billion.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by truth?]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As mainstream news sources across the board are dropping consumption like flies to internet sources, the TPBT/CIA operation mockingbird have obviously realised they need to let the juicier stuff out now to avoid a complete loss of people over time. People are waking up and smelling the BS instead of the roses... this flustering by the big liar doco channels simply shows how worried they are about loosing people to sites like this.

Why watch for an hour including up to 20 minutes of advertising (in good old kiwi land >_>), when you can spend ten minutes on here learning the same thing and then cross check the facts for yourself....

An aware populace is more dangerous to government than any weapon, because an aware population is the only weapon which can disarm, dissolve and/or re-build a government power structure from the ground up without destroying vital parts or causing massive disruption in some way. The elite pulling the strings would be sent packing to the hills if this occured.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
All of those digital cable converters and DVR's and sattelite DVR's all send focus info back to the stations and providers and they determine the shows based on the info mined. I have to say I am part of the problem as anytime one of those shows, even if I have seen it 20million times, I watch it.

join