It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry Symbols - NOT!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
there were two obelisks in each lodge? one with sun and one with moon or something,i dont know the exact meening,but its a very sacred object,i dont see nothing wrong with that,im not exposing secrets or anything,nor do i blame masons in being evil,its just...obelisks,,triangles
There are two COLUMNS in the lodge. Not obelisks. There's no pointy top... They're round, not square, etc... Huge difference.

Likewise, big difference between a triangle and a pyramid. Triangle has 3 sides and 3 points. We like 3.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by emsed1

I noticed you omitted the Pentagram.

Is it a Masonic symbol?
Not in the Blue Lodge (1st three degrees, which if I recall correctly, was the subject of this thread...)

The Scottish Rite degrees look at 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9 pointed stars for different meanings. The 5 pointed star is explained in the 27th degree as representing a number of things... the Hermetic meaning of the 4 elements + spirit; and also the Vitruvian man... Leonardo Da Vinci's drawing of the guy doing jumping jacks in a circle.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
o my....oh i ont know what to say,sorry my mistake,when its late and im tired i make mistakes. yea,i dont know about the obelisk then,i know the columns

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

What did I lie about? What specifically did I lie about? The unfinished pyramid? The All-Seeing Eye? The symbol of the Cryptic Masons? What?

Also note, just because you are using another mans opinion to support yours doesn't make it fact, nor is something automatically true if its in a book.

reply to post by Stillalive

I've never seen the obelisk involved in any ceremony or lecture, so I'm curious to why you think its connected to Freemasonry.

The triangle does not represent the pyramid. Every member of a Council of Select and Royal Masters knows the meaning behind the symbolism.

We have two columns, but atop them are not the sun nor the moon. There are staffs that the Sr. and Jr. Deacons carry around that have the sun and moon on them.

Its no trouble nor should you be too troubled. Its good to talk about the symbols.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by emsed1

I noticed you omitted the Pentagram.

Is it a Masonic symbol?
Not in the Blue Lodge (1st three degrees, which if I recall correctly, was the subject of this thread...)

The Scottish Rite degrees look at 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9 pointed stars for different meanings. The 5 pointed star is explained in the 27th degree as representing a number of things... the Hermetic meaning of the 4 elements + spirit; and also the Vitruvian man... Leonardo Da Vinci's drawing of the guy doing jumping jacks in a circle.

This is probably a jurisdictional difference. Around these parts, the Pentagram is a symbol in both the Second and Third Degrees.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
This is probably a jurisdictional difference. Around these parts, the Pentagram is a symbol in both the Second and Third Degrees.
Interesting. Yeah, it doesn't come up here. One of my old lodge rooms had 5 lights in the ceiling over the altar, but that's about the extent of it. (And when we moved buildings, the new one didn't have that adornment.)

*shrug*

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I would have started a new thread, but my post count isn't high enough.

Is this a Scottish Rite 33, or something else on this custom BMW motorcycle?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuZe7
I would have started a new thread, but my post count isn't high enough.

Is this a Scottish Rite 33, or something else on this custom BMW motorcycle?

A Scottish Rite eagle would have two heads, so I'm not sure what that is... The blog post on bikeexif doesn't mention the decal, and the article it links to on bikernet about the build doesn't seem to be there anymore.

*shrug*

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
One of my old lodge rooms had 5 lights in the ceiling over the altar, but that's about the extent of it.
*shrug*

I've seen that from time to time. It's often been lights over the stations of the "Starpoints" of the Order of the Eastern Star; or perhaps in some older Lodges it's where the 5 Obelisks of Baphomet were placed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join