It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right-wing radio host calls tea parties ‘the Sarah Palin movement’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

The tea parties are all about expressing American freedom and coming together to celebrate and protect God-given liberties. This, of course, is why anyone who disagrees must be screamed at until silenced.

As right-wing radio host Matt Walsh learned recently, if you challenge mob mentality, you get the mob itself. In this case, if you trash Sarah Palin in front of her biggest fans, you might just get called an "infiltrator" and booed off stage.

Walsh, who DJ's for 93.5 The Beach in Georgetown, Delaware, was speaking to a group of tea party protesters on April 15 when he made the mistake of encouraging the crowd to work toward specific goals and support independents over Republicans.

The crowd became incredulous, booing and jeering Walsh as he began asking whether free speech really meant something to the tea parties.

This is why I love American politics and the American voters. It is so entertaining that it more resembles a circus than a way to elect our representatives.
It seems that with this particular TPM rally; IMO the rank and file have let their ideology get in the way of their common sense. More of a personality cult for exgov. Sarah Palin. She certainly is a charismatic figure and is apparently gaining quite a following among many TPM members.

He continued: "Vote for an independent and please, God almighty, do not vote for Sarah Palin. Please dear God do not vote for Sarah Palin. She has not shown us anything. I know everyone's very excited about her, she's probably a very nice woman, but she is not the answer."

That was it: the crowd began to jeer the right-wing host in earnest.

"You're going to boo me off?" Walsh asked. "You're going to boo me off because I'm talking about Sarah Palin? Then you're the problem."

"You're a punk!" a man yelled.

"I'm a punk? Walsh asked. "Because I'm talking about Sarah Palin?"

"She's more of a man than you are!" another protester cried out.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I don't see this as news, more like Cause and Effect. If I went to an ACORN or SEIU rally and spoke negatively of Obama do you think I would get booed off the stage? Hell yeah I would! But those aren't Democrat liberal groups are they.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The GOP did a brilliant job of infiltrating the real group and yanking it to a standard, flavorless republican club. I give props to Steel.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The dems and repubs need a cult personality for the movement so it can be destroyed. I personally don't trust Palin, I think she has skeletons in her closet that will be brought out when it can do the most damage. Effective movement's don't require a "face".

It amuses me that the Tea Party movement is portrayed as all things to all people. It is a TAX PROTEST movement, that's all. It's a noble cause, but tax protest doesn't seem to be the focus anymore, which is a shame.

booing and jeering Walsh as he began asking whether free speech really meant something to the tea parties.

This is what happens in all engineered political movements in this country. They play on the emotional surge of MY TEAM IS BETTER THAN YOUR TEAM!

Emotions are much easier than logic. The party "you" believe in tells you exactly what you want to hear. It's a positive feedback loop, and it takes hardly any energy to get into it. After that, it becomes the group mentality. I'm right and everyone else is wrong. Arguments devolve into little more than self-justification and childish name calling. The tea party movement has shown it isn't any different.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by METACOMET]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Walsh is right. Sarah Palin and the Tea Party Express hijacked the movement and are milking it for all it's worth (in dollars that is).

Top story right now on Politico is how the tea party is split in to the ones who follow Sarah and the ones who follow Ron Paul.
www.politico.com...

And it was Politico who broke the story of the Tea Party Express was really created by a Republican operative to funnel money to his PAC.
www.politico.com...
Watch Keith simplify the story here: www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

This is the way I see it...

The TPM was alway a fabrication designed to sell bumper stickers, books
tea shirts
and all the other accoutrement to a gullible right leaning public .
Free enterprise at it's finest. I'm designing for the silkscreen crew as we speak. Bread and circus! County fair and hootenanny all rolled into a tidy package. An entrepreneurs dream come true!!

The political angle was just tacked on as an afterthought when the crowds grew.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'll agree with your statement except I believe that is not ALWAYS what the movement was about. We have had "affiliated" tea parties on Boston Common for a few years now, as a TAX PROTEST. Recently though, it has become exactly what you describe; A fabrication.

Remember, the tea party grew when we got robbed by the banks and the executive hand in hand. This was a real grass-roots movement at the time and it exploded. People would post up on the internet that they were having a tea party discussion at their local library, and 100 people would show up. There was no leadership, just equals who shared a common thread; they had all been taken by the tax man.

Then the GOP saw it as a threat to their voting base, and sent Palin in there to take the spotlight. Palin is being set up to fail, the GOP kills two birds with one stone, The Dems get Palin out of the way and the movement ultimately will lose its legs.

Make no doubt about it, the two party-one party system will eliminate any legitimate third party, no matter what it takes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The tea parties do not now nor were ever meant to be a vehicle for the Republican party to futher it's corporate war mongering bible thumping shenanigans.

The neo-cons hi-jacked an honest to goodness grass roots movement that was based around personal liberty and freedom, small government and adherance to the constitution and are now running it into it's grave head first.

I think it is a shame that Libertarians, Independants and other constitutionalist's have been wrangled together and fenced in with this sorry lot of Limbaugh, Gingrich and this mental midget Sarah Palin.

There is no more sure fire way to destroy the movement and kill any and all hope of a political revolution than to tie it in with these widely detested cretins.

The Tea Party movement was established as a counter measure to the Bush /Cheney ways of government and corruption, they were established to fight against corporate swingling and fiscal corruption.......and now look at who sits at the head of the table.The very same people who are responsible for this sorry state of governmental affairs.

I suppose you have to hi-jack any movement that you can when your entire voting base has become so disgusted and so entirely disinfranchised with your "Grand Old Party" that you feel you must call it something else in order to mask who you are and what you really stand for.

Sarah Palin is a fraud and an embarrassment to what could have been a noble and virtuous cause.

new topics

top topics

join