It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have all the sirens gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
OK so this may be a coincidence but I wonder how many other people have noticed it. Since pointing it out to my family they are also thinking it's an odd coincidence.... or is it linked?

We live off the very busy A127 and on the main route taken by fire engines, police cars and ambulances.

On average one is disturbed by a siren of one of the three at least every half an hour either going past our house or off in the distance. We work from home so notice them during that day as well as through the night.

Now this may be a coincidence but since the restriction of air flight over the UK we counted 3 emergency runs in the last 4 days! These were all yesterday.

We can't think of any possible link between the two but it was on Friday that I noticed the lack of sirens and since then it's been a case of us listening out for them... we all shouted yesterday when a police car went past, then an ambulance a few minutes later and a while later another police car in the distance.

Since then nothing, not one single siren again...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Perhaps you should be thankful .
They are often synonymous with the suffering of others .

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Maybe its the lack of air traffic and clear skies making people happy. Less crime?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Have you ever considered that your neighbors may be trying to drive someone up the wall. People buy weapons like sirens to get people to go of the wall. There are devices on the net people buy to drive people up the wall, are you sure that one of your neighbors is not doing this.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by yzzyUK

Perhaps you should be thankful .
They are often synonymous with the suffering of others .

I wasn't clapping my hands in glee when the sirens were going off every 30 minutes!! Being an ex emergency services employee I am more than aware what the sound signifies

Mutantgenius it may well be that! Didn't think of it that way... but then that wouldn't explain Ambulance.. unless it has an effect on health too! Might do...

it's just strange to not hear them blasting off all the time... very strange!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Since you mention it i thinik you're right

We just had a power cut too and what with all this rubish about a flight ban going on you could forgive a girl for thinking something is realy going on.

i don't mind being wrong 100 times so long as i'm right when it matters.

Don't you just love all then yellow spy in the skys CCTV's they put all along the 127 ? i don't remember them asking me if we needed them or if i should be paying for them so maybe i was outthat day.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
wow now you said that its been quiet hear ,We used to call it minni chicargo round hear but yes know sirens ,I am off a main route between two boroughs also

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
OK since writing that we have heard one lot of sirens... that was an ambulance.

It's probably just coincidence but it is majorly strange.. I might give my ex work mates a buzz later and see if 999 calls are down.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Now you mention it, I have not heard a siren for three days!!

I am not saying it is a conspiracy of any kind but it is unusual. I usually hear sirens everyday but the last few days... none!

I am near Nottingham btw.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Called my grandma today, she lives in Yorkshire (west) and confirms that yes, it has been eerily quiet lately and not just in the sky. Also asked her if there was anything else and she said the clouds looked wierd, which was something I was expecting/wondering. I was kind of curious if anything was amiss, I havent talked to any of my family over there till today. I am worried for them and hope that it doesnt cause any major health problems or food shortages etc..My grandma says she has not been well in the chest/lungs past few days. Any of you guys noticing any symptoms like that?

top topics

join