It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should ATS redesign the Foe feature?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I do understand the concept of a worthy advarsary...and that was the intention...but i think to be able to show dislike for posters when their only objective is to bash opinions..or belittle anothers opinion is an appropriate use of being a foe.

Arrogance to battle down the will of another is just downright childish and annoying.

i think there should be an IHU button added then...
i am sure intelligent people can figure that one out.

and i think i just might FOE intrepid...cause it might be nice for him to succeed at something....

heck i think we should all FOE him just FOE the heck of it.

Anyways....your points are well taken.

[edit on 053131p://f26Tuesday by plube]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Do members really add others to their Foe list because they consider them to be "Worthy Adversaries", or is it because they are making a statement they do not like the person and their views?

Thats the exact same thing.

if you don't like someone, you're a foe. If you're an adversary....you're a FOE.

you can't be a foe if you're likable to the other party.

What they need to get rid of is that stupid pop-up that happens whenever you try to paste text.

Its completely unnecessary.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i take "foe" to mean they are my foes, not my worthy adversary (i ignore that part). I use it as a way to keep track of people on the other side of the fence as myself. Their views usually carry over from one subject to another.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I like a thumbs up or down feature rather than foes or stars. Leave it at that.

I would also like a notification if someone reply's to a post of mine directly,
i.e. reply to post by rusethorcain...

But then I am also hoping I have this weeks lotto numbers.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Tempest in a teapot. It's no big deal. It doesn't harm you that you've been foed by someone. It doesn't count against you in any way.

What I would like to see is a 'reverse star' for insipid posts. You can get a blue star, but you can't get the opposite. Sometimes, people deserve it.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

This is the funniest post I have read on this site.

Why does anyone care if they are on someone's foe list? It's no big deal, could have been an accident or maybe the poster was having a bad day.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
...It doesn't count against you in any way.

Except for a bruised ego, perhaps...

Originally posted by schuyler

What I would like to see is a 'reverse star' for insipid posts. You can get a blue star, but you can't get the opposite. Sometimes, people deserve it.

I'll second that one. Except I would add that it is probably on a frequency a bit north of "sometimes". And therein lies the problem - knowing human nature as we do, the exchange then quickly devolves into a mud-slinging match to see which side can out-slam the others.

Colored stars, thumbs up or down, friends and/or foes? there is no easy solution. Amicable discourse seem unlikely among passionately convicted individuals with polarizing opinions. Perhaps that is as it should be.

But like y'all - I can't help but wish that there was a more productive way...

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think the color 'red' on the foe feature plays a big role on the emotional side of things. I bet that if that button was purple instead of red, people would feel a lot less angry or hurt by being added as a foe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join