It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man loses licence after drink-driving in toy Barbie car

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nothing worse than a holier-than-thou know-it-all who belongs to the new age Temperance Movement. I didn't know they were still around.

They keep alcohol legal but like the cops sitting outside bar parking lots;
They would have your license removed for going to a bar and riding your horse home. Just think, the horse could rear up and hit the nosy teetotaler while he was lecturing the rider on the way home.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleetlord In this case, the driver was a danger to himself.

Exactly...he wasn't a danger to anyone but himself. I don't know about you, but I don't approve of enforcing laws where there isn't a victim. The only potential "victim" in this "crime" was the man himself. He was not going to hurt anyone but himself in a toy car.

We have our liberties constantly taken away so that the government can "protect us". What's next? Kids can't climb trees because they are a danger to themselves? Or you can't use a chainsaw because you might cut your arm off?

I can take care of myself and don't need the government to enact arbitrary laws to "protect me".

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I often see little toddlers playing in these cars in the road outside our house, and we live in a CUL DE SAC, does that mean if the police come they can be charged with driving without a license? this is stupidity beyond belief, surely it would have been of benefit to society to simply confiscate the car and pass on a warning.

It sounds to me like our beloved Government are testing the water to see how far they can actually twist the law to see how we will react, I'm not falling for the BS they come up with when they say not voting gives your vote to another party, I refuse to vote and have not even registered risking a £2000 fine, I refuse to vote for any of them, they are worth nothing in regard to protecting the interests of the people, as for Brown, I thought he was the best choice to deal with the financial crisis, and I stand by that, but he is nothing but a bullying fool who has let power go to his head, we can hardly move any more without risking breaking some stupid law or another.

I hope this guy appeals against this conviction, whether or not he has a previous for drink driving, he was driving slower than 4 MPH, in an electric toy, any vehicle has to be over a certain CC to even be classed as a motorised vehicle, at the very most he should have been charged with endangering other road users, not drinking and driving.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
First ever double post.

[edit on 19/4/2010 by azzllin]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
The point of DWI laws is to protect people from getting hurt or killed by a drunk driver.

If he was in the road then he could get people hurt or killed. Who says you have to be in a 2000 pound hunk of metal to cause pain or death?

Maybe taking his DL away is a little harsh, but I don't know what his background story is or how much trouble he has gotten into in the past and neither do you.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
delta
uniform
mike
bravo
alpha
sierra
sierra

Lima...Oscar...Lima

top topics

<< 1   >>