It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military plans against Iran being updated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

U.S. military plans against Iran being updated

www.cnn.com

Washington (CNN) -- The Pentagon and U.S. Central Command are updating military plans to strike Iran's nuclear sites, preparing up-to-date options for the president in the event he decides to take such action, an Obama administration official told CNN Sunday.

The effort has been underway for several weeks and comes as there is growing concern across the administration's national security team that the president needs fresh options ready for his approval if he were to decide on a military strik
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The official did not want to be identified because of the sensitive nature of the work being conducted.

Meanwhile, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad continued to amp up his rhetoric against the West on Sunday, claiming that Iran is so powerful today that no country would dare attack it.

"Iran's army is so mighty today that no enemy can have a foul thought of invading Iran's territory," the Iranian leader said in a speech, according to state media.

It all seems to be just talk. It's all politics now but we all know what happens when politicians argue.

I am not sure what to make of this. We have all hear of those rhetorics before but this seems to make it more of a real threat.

Maybe I'm just being an alarmist but still.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is more than likely due in part to McCain's speech to Congress last week in which he stated that we can not continue to threaten Iran if we have no intention of following through and/or no concrete plans in place for what to do if Iran continues to push forth with their nuclear program.

The problem, in a nutshell, is that Iran has called Obama's bluff and now Obama actually needs a plan.

I guess we are about to see how Obama really handles the "Commander-in-Chief" role.

I will say this though:
Anything that happens here forth militarily is all on Obama. He certainly can't claim to have inherited this mess, but rather has exasperated it nicely.

join