It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea VOWS For Response Over Sunken Ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

South Korean President Lee Myung-bak has vowed to respond "resolutely" to the sinking of a warship last month near the sea border with the North.

Pyongyang has denied any role in the sinking of the vessel, which left 46 sailors dead.
In an emotional speech, the president wiped away tears as he recited the names of the dead and missing men.

He did not mention North Korea but said the South's military would become stronger to prevent similar incidents.
"I, as president, will find out the cause of the Cheonan's sinking in full and in detail," Mr Lee said in a speech broadcast nationally.

"I will deal with the results in an unwavering and resolute way, and make sure that such an incident will never recur."

Source

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Perhaps next time he'll tell his spying ship to keep out of North Korean waters, which they have mined as the only way to keep South Korean spy ships away from their coast.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
How hard could it be to find out what happened.Just go down and look at the ship and im sure you could see what caused the explosion,If it was a torpedo from the north or an onboard malfunction, surely they must know already.They must have explosive experts who could tell and what about survivors accounts.I think they are stalling because they know what happened but are waiting for the right time to reveal.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Pretty tough talk considering it was an accident. They were afterall shooting at seagulls and it was a weapons cache that exploded because of a lit cigarette or some such non-sense.

So that was the official story and we were berated for thinking otherwise - as usual - and now we get this. I wonder if it is safe to assume that the ship was sunk now or was it just a some happenstance leak - sometimes stuff really does happen.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Delete this post!

[edit on 20-4-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I suppose the editor is incorrect! What is this?:

"South Korea has carefully avoiding making any statement blaming the North for the incident"

If my American English is correct isn't this supposed to read as :

South Korea is carefully avoiding making any statements blaming The North.

Makes you wonder!

Just discovered that.

Someone downed this ship intentionally and without malice this cannot go unresponded to. No nation deserves to have any of it's ships or aircraft downed for what is apparently no clear reason.

In most cases my motto is to forgive and figure out a resolution but in this case this was uncalled for.

I'm thinking this could be the final tipping point that creates the catalyst for the supposed inevitable war with North Korea on their end and possibly ours in The US as well as it will drag us right into it forcing us to take a side

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
When Lee Myung-bak made that statement, his intelligence agency surely must have known about this "North Korea readying for 3rd nuclear test"
Source:
www.reuters.com...

new topics

top topics

join