It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D-Day Remembered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I know that this dosn`t quite fit into this site BUT just been watching some of the coverage of the 60 th Anniversary of the D-Day landings.Makes you think that the way the World is now Dosn`t come near to how Horrific the past has been.Time is a great healer and when you see reminders of the situation the men and women were facing in those times pretty much puts everything on this site into insignificants.
To all the members on this site who lost releatives in that and wars since my condolancies and my we learn that they didn`t die in vain.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Iam glad you posted this, Not many people know just how important That one operation was! Not just Americans but the British,Canadian,french, and polish soilders took part in that Battle to preserve Democracy/ and to stop the nazi tyranny of france! Just think of it like this! Those men were there so we could be here today! I think we should really think about that this sunday! We should never forget what happened that day, and we Never forget the men who died that day, ON Both sides!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I see you two have been learning a lot from Commandos(addicting game from eidos); or, chances are that you probably watched "The Pianist, Swing Kids, or Saving Private Ryan."

check out the msn picture slide show to develop a greater appreciation.

... or just listen to The X Factor album by Iron Maiden for an allied view; or if you want a german point of view I suggest listening to the Taken By Force album by The Scorpions.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Honor not only those that died but also the ones that survived. Give grandad/mom a hug and thank them.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Websurfer.

This was posted to acknowledge the Anniversary of D Day landings.I was hoping that the few ignorants would keep there opinions on the sudject to a minimum.I don not require further understanding as l am in my thirties and have experiance of conflict and seen the destruction caused.You don`t know me so please keep you opinions away.

By the way maybe you should go speak to some vets you will soon learn that words cannot inform as well, and music will never come close.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by weirdo]

new topics

top topics

join