It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton hopes Obama Supreme Court nominee lacks judicial background

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Clinton hopes Obama Supreme Court nominee lacks judicial background

rawstory.com

Former President Bill Clinton hopes that President Barack Obama will expand his search for a new Supreme Court Justice to those that haven't been a judge: and no, he's not talking about Hillary.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yeah, instead of the most qualified and distinguished judge in the country, which should be the criteria for a SCOTUS pick, lets choose someone who has no experience whatsoever on a bench. They would not even think of allowing someone with no experience to sit as a a judge in any other high court in the U.S..

Why would the highest court we have be any different?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by devildogUSMC]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This seems like a big opening. Hopefully they will use our tax and census forms in a raffle to select the next justice.

In seriousness it does sound like an earnest way to say "We want someone who cares for the people making decisions rather then a bureaucrat."

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by captainbitter

I understand that side of it; I, although, believe that someone that is to sit on the bench of the highest court in the land, someone that is to be making important decisions that affect the lives of generations of people, should have sat on at least one bench prior to the SCOTUS.
You would not want someone who has never been behind the wheel of a car race the fastest, most complicated, and most valuable car available if you ownwd it, would you? You would probobly at least want a race-car driver, but surely someone who has at least driven a regular car, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

I most certainly agree with you. It looks to be no more than a noble proposal to appeal to the people.

It is unfortunate, however, that many of those in the criminal justice field make such robotic decision lacking an aspect of humanity. And I do mean to incorporate police officers, lawyers, ect.

We need a justice that can compromise their agenda whether they are right or wrong for the good of the nation. Humility is a very uncommon trait amongst government officials that I'd like to see more of.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by captainbitter

They do seem to act like self-serving robots, I can't argue there. If they are put into a position of public trust, their agenda and the good of the nation should be one and the same.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainbitter
In seriousness it does sound like an earnest way to say "We want someone who cares for the people making decisions rather then a bureaucrat."

Gee, the above sounds a lot like someone's entire campaign platform. We all know how well that's turning out.....

Anybody yet to figure out that it is possible to appoint someone with both experience & people skills????

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

Do you really have to have experience as a judge to know what is right and what isn't?

As a society we put far too much credence in "experts".

Speaking of which....does anyone else notice a peculiar absence of any of the truly great minds we have seen in histories past? I don't mean folks like Kaku, who are highly educated and trained. I am talking about the insightful people, like Tesla, Aristotle, or Archimedes? Been awhile since we had one of those wandering around Earth.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Any joe bloggs could do a better job. The problem is when they bring there history to the bench, so they are already screwed up.

Any of you guys could do this job, as long as you leave your prejudice at the door.

top topics

join