It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIAA Wants Gov. to Delete Your Illegal Downloads

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am new to posting on ATS so please forgive me if I make some mistakes here. These are also merely my opinions.

The RIAA is a very powerful organization. Do not underestimate them. When I purchased my laptop 14 months ago, it wasn't until after I passed through the return period (although as I later found out, it would have done me no good anyway) that I found all computers are now the same. They will not allow you to record wave-in or line-in like the old Windows XP would.

I have a hobby where I go to various sites and download certain sounds. The sounds are not music and are not copyrighted. I then enhance them to make them understandable. I cannot download those sounds anymore with my laptop and then re-work them. I researched as much as I could. I even called the maker of my sound card. They said the sound card was capable of line-in and wave-in. It was the computer manufacturer who made the decision to remove that function from the computer. The manufacturer points to Microsoft and Microsoft points to the manufacturer. Some computers, similar to mine, did have those capabilities but they are no more. You will, unless I have missed it, not be able to purchase a laptop with the wave-in abilities. I believe this is due to RIAA influence.

After much research, I have come to the conclusion that the RIAA, through their actual and threatened SLAPP suits, (Strategic Litigation against Public Participation) against computer manufacturers have induced computer makers to deny us the ability to use our computers for our own legitimate purposes.

I do not discount the RIAA, through lobbying, influence and litigation to push this through. This would mean private industry will have influenced legislation to invade my personal property without warrant. Does anyone else see a trend here?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

This is nothing to do with copy writed music, it never has been. They just want access to your computer and don't want file sharing because it can be used to move information that they can not control.

Think about it. As soon as they introduce this everyone will buy a removable hard drive and back up their music or keep it off their computer all together. You then admin protect the directories and they can't touch them. This is a clear indication and public statement that the music industry is as much a part of the NWO as the oil and banks are.

Fight back - copy your favorite cd's onto a disc and as you go around town just accidentally drop or leave them in shops, cafe, the office, on a bus etc. You can not be prosecuted for leaving a cd on a bus seat. Write the name of the cd on it and then if everyone does this we all get to legally share as much music as we want.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

This is nothing to do with copy writed music, it never has been. They just want access to your computer and don't want file sharing because it can be used to move information that they can not control.

Think about it. As soon as they introduce this everyone will buy a removable hard drive and back up their music or keep it off their computer all together. You then admin protect the directories and they can't touch them. This is a clear indication and public statement that the music industry is as much a part of the NWO as the oil and banks are.

Fight back - copy your favorite cd's onto a disc and as you go around town just accidentally drop or leave them in shops, cafe, the office, on a bus etc. You can not be prosecuted for leaving a cd on a bus seat. Write the name of the cd on it and then if everyone does this we all get to legally share as much music as we want.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join