It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

RIAA Wants Gov. to Delete Your Illegal Downloads

page: 8
66
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
All one needs to do is make a small change in what they dwed and it becomes yours. They can't take what is yours.




posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Why doesn't the US Government just delete the illegal websites.

This is the right thing for them to do.

Why are they so stupid. Or are they now trying to prove that they are corrupt, and that perhaps Obama is like a "fake" real mccoy nice guy. Mr. Obama may be offended, but surely he can change - he comes across as a nice guy on the screen.

I hope he gets a #ing grip within 1 month, to prove that he's good all along.

The trouble for Presidents is that their operations are so massive, that to get to every priority takes time.

My advice to the President is greater his speed he can to get things done. Then he can relax more. I personally use coffee to acheive this.



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is the ideal and perfect time for all to get portable external hard drives and store all of your mp3's there on back up. They can wipe my mp3s off my internal drive but they will remain on the external. I just backed up my mp3s to my external drive.

That would make the United States Federal Government culpable and willingly allowing a cyber terrorists attack to occur. If my cpu crashes I know who to sue.

The music industry will be done soon enough as that has been used as a tool for far too long to unwillingly indoctrinate people into Satanical thinking and ideaology. Look at the bill before the 111th that record labels seek compensation for playing a song. Pay per listen. The death of music is soon enough anyhow.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
Do they realise what is going to happen to these servers that would scan and delete peoples files?



The second they go up the largest DDOS attack the internet has ever seen will take place.



I would seriously just LMAO if that ever happened. They would deserve it as well for thinking they are above the law. I remember Square-Enix getting hit hardcore with DDOS viruses because they banned all the RMT sellers.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Originally posted by people=oooo
Its unbelievable that we let this kind of stuff happen.


We did it the first time ARPAnet was launched, the Internet was never made to be safe. It just doesn't have full capability to be completely secured. The only way to have a secure computer, is to take the NIC out, rip off all USB ports and COMM ports, throw away DVD/CD etc and solder the circuit boards to seal them. Well, you know what I mean...throw away the keyboard and mouse. Seriously though, the Internet was never intended to be safe. There is actually a documentary out there where oldskool hackers nearly 60 years of age, laughing about the fact that the created "e-banking" (Online Banking). Its pathetic.

Surf the net in a fully armored surfboard with all sorts of countermeasures and securities in place.

I bet people think they are safe when they are installing a counterfeit version of Windows XP or whatever. You think its great getting a FREE OS right? LOL! Every single copy out there, hidden scripts.

I Piss on your AV


yeah, always do a low level format. I stopped getting free operating systems and just paid for it. Not worth the hassle.



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The firewalls and A/V software you have installed on your Windows machines won't do a single thing. In fact, contrary to popular belief, these kinds of firewalls and anti-virus programs often make your computer MORE insecure. It doesn't matter how many of them you run, they all have vulnerabilities themselves, just like any program.

Also, to the guy who said "if they find a way..." - understand that they already know the way, this kind of thing has been done since the dawn of the Internet. There's no "if" about it -- the Government already has personnel on the payroll to do this, and already does do this... but not on a large scale.

I agree that if this were to happen openly and on a large scale, the underground would not stand for it and would subsequently launch attacks. However, why would they bother DDoS'ing? Some people would, but only people who can only do that. Real hackers will be breaking into systems and causing much havoc on RIAA and government networks (not that they don't already, though). Hmm, sounds like a good prelude to an excuse for "Internet 2.0", if you all remember what that is.

But have no fear. If you're computer savvy, this will be no problem for you. There are ways around everything.

PS. To the guy talking about using a sledgehammer on a harddrive... you should go read more about data recovery. They can piece the harddrive back together, and access it. And to the other guy who talked about using electro-magnetism for wiping a harddrive... nothing is ever fully deleted, only more "buried", so to speak. The only way to truly get rid of the data is to completely incinerate the harddrive, which probably means you'd have to use Thermite or something else that burns at 3000+ degrees Fahrenheit.
You can do multiple swipes of a deletion, but that just makes it harder to recover -- it doesn't actually completely get rid of it. The DoD uses special deletion programs, but it just basically makes it very hard to recover. A government agency would be able to recover any of your data that you "erase". Burn the sucker! Burn it REALLY hot!

On *nix systems, you can also use a program called shred, which can make harddrives *harder* to recover.

Also, something you could do is OVERWRITE all of your files with gibberish, and THEN delete them.

Oh, and don't forget about encryption. You can encrypt your warez, and you can even use an encrypted file system, which encrypts everything (though, you need a passphrase to access anything). However, if they thought your data was sensitive enough, or high enough priority, they could probably crack the cipher to get your passphrase.

Peace.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Fangula]

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Fangula]



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Can anyone see Fahrenheit 451 becoming a reality! instead of paper books

its now electronic , digital book , Art , Music , coming in place , to really see who you are , and your thinking, and what is on your mind, Ray Bradbury , and George Orwell saw it coming ! it should be called in modern times

Firewall 322 11 33 Robbing your Knowledge to seek the truth

best way now ironically burn baby burn ! CDs DVDS , Flash Stamping Transfer to a non connected Computer , External HD transfer

don't forget that Microsoft and Intel got caught way back anyone remember the Pentium III privacy scandal , company can hack in or serial set stamp sent out to a certain company without your knowledge at the time .

it is true as one poster said they can retrieve any data smashed to bits it may not be complete but I heard one person when i was in the Military(marines) he was in the (Navy) said they have data recovery machines you would not believe that can take a broken plater of a harddrive and put it into a machine to retrive the data he also worked in the data recovery dept of Military Aircraft
he said Floppies 5.25 3 1/2 disk can be recovered also but this was back in the early 90s ! Imagine what they can do now !





[edit on 21-4-2010 by Wolfenz]



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I can't see this happening. They can try, but the People (especially the younger generation) are always 1 step ahead.

Look at the iPhone. As much as Apple tries to block unlocking and jailbreaking, hackers always find a way around it through an exploit

[edit on 21-4-2010 by mossme89]



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
This is the ideal and perfect time for all to get portable external hard drives and store all of your mp3's there on back up. They can wipe my mp3s off my internal drive but they will remain on the external. I just backed up my mp3s to my external drive.

That would make the United States Federal Government culpable and willingly allowing a cyber terrorists attack to occur. If my cpu crashes I know who to sue.

The music industry will be done soon enough as that has been used as a tool for far too long to unwillingly indoctrinate people into Satanical thinking and ideaology. Look at the bill before the 111th that record labels seek compensation for playing a song. Pay per listen. The death of music is soon enough anyhow.


That may work if you encrypt your drive, but a spyware like the ones mentioned might search ALL available drives, even if you don't always have it plugged in as soon as you plug it in it searches & deletes it.

reply to post by TheDailyPlanet
 


They can't delete the website because many of the sites (ex. thepiratebay.org, demonoid) are based overseas



posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
Yeah, good luck with that. If I can't get it for free then I won't bother. On the other hand after getting a ton of music for free and I decide I like the artist enough, I will go out and buy their music to support them if they are not a popular band.




YES YES YES YES YES!!! I own over 300 cd's of music that I also have on my computer, and also have stored externally in two places. I also borrow other people's music and copy it to see if I like it. Then I will go buy music from the artist even if it takes a bit to get it. I have several artists from the UK and Australia that I adore, but you can't get the music here, and I pay through the nose to get it. I found these artists through copying for free. If it comes down to having to purchase music just to see if I like it, it isn't going to happen. I will just listen to the radio or my iPod. Period. And if they delete what I have? As I said, I have backups. This is just a fabulous way to make sure that artists never get a cd bought again. Shooting their artists in the feet is what they are doing.

Ceri



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fangula
The firewalls and A/V software you have installed on your Windows machines won't do a single thing. In fact, contrary to popular belief, these kinds of firewalls and anti-virus programs often make your computer MORE insecure. It doesn't matter how many of them you run, they all have vulnerabilities themselves, just like any program.


Yeah, this is so true. They also eat up all your memory and processing speed. This is why I don't use any AV and for a firewall, well, just use a good Cisco router/switch and block IPs of your choice.


Originally posted by Fangula
Also, to the guy who said "if they find a way..." - understand that they already know the way, this kind of thing has been done since the dawn of the Internet. There's no "if" about it -- the Government already has personnel on the payroll to do this, and already does do this... but not on a large scale.

I agree that if this were to happen openly and on a large scale, the underground would not stand for it and would subsequently launch attacks. However, why would they bother DDoS'ing? Some people would, but only people who can only do that. Real hackers will be breaking into systems and causing much havoc on RIAA and government networks (not that they don't already, though). Hmm, sounds like a good prelude to an excuse for "Internet 2.0", if you all remember what that is.


This is also true, the government and private corporations have people analyzing the packets 24/7, however its rather time consuming. I hate the thought of Internet2 but it is inevitable. The plan is to take away all personal websites (.Com/.Org/.Net etc), and charge you money just like a cable TV subscription to visit 10 websites of your choice. They came up with IPv6, and now they have to go back to the drawing board because IPv6 is the most vulnerable Internet Protocol as it can be taken down with ease by Denial of Service attacks.


Originally posted by Fangula
PS. To the guy talking about using a sledgehammer on a harddrive... you should go read more about data recovery. They can piece the harddrive back together, and access it. And to the other guy who talked about using electro-magnetism for wiping a harddrive... nothing is ever fully deleted, only more "buried", so to speak. The only way to truly get rid of the data is to completely incinerate the harddrive, which probably means you'd have to use Thermite or something else that burns at 3000+ degrees Fahrenheit.
You can do multiple swipes of a deletion, but that just makes it harder to recover -- it doesn't actually completely get rid of it. The DoD uses special deletion programs, but it just basically makes it very hard to recover. A government agency would be able to recover any of your data that you "erase". Burn the sucker! Burn it REALLY hot!


I knew a guy who worked at Cisco, he said they destroy hard drives with a pressing drill that drills a hole 4-5 inches wide straight through the hard drive. For all other people, download the Anarchists Cookbook and read what it tells you about making your own Thermite bomb, apply this knowledge to your hard drive. You can make your own self destruct button on your laptop if your smart enough.


Originally posted by Fangula
On *nix systems, you can also use a program called shred, which can make harddrives *harder* to recover.

Also, something you could do is OVERWRITE all of your files with gibberish, and THEN delete them.

Oh, and don't forget about encryption. You can encrypt your warez, and you can even use an encrypted file system, which encrypts everything (though, you need a passphrase to access anything). However, if they thought your data was sensitive enough, or high enough priority, they could probably crack the cipher to get your passphrase.


Yeah I use *nix systems and again your right, you can only make it harder to recover, unless you throw in a drill or some thermite

For people wishing to know how to run a good Linux system and have their file system completely encrypted please check this video out:
BackTrack4 (Full Disk Encryption)



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
let me get this right, some of you recommend not using any AV program at all?



posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv
 


This thread is really going down hill. The DIS information is "fast and furious" which is really showing the total lack of understanding in this thread.


Originally posted by TheDailyPlanet
Why doesn't the US Government just delete the illegal websites.
This is the right thing for them to do.


Here is a perfect example of a government shill... just delete illegal websites..or..websites we don't like.... or ...don't agree with us...



Originally posted by belial259
Do they realise what is going to happen to these servers that would scan and delete peoples files?
The second they go up the largest DDOS attack the internet has ever seen will take place.


And here is an example of someone who just didn't read the thread.. The concept is that malware would be distributed to each persons computer and that malware would delete the illegal files. So....your going to DDoS yourself?

Also, to perform a Distributed Denial of Service attack, you need zombie computers..a whole army of them...gawwd..


Originally posted by mossme89
They can't delete the website because many of the sites (ex. thepiratebay.org, demonoid) are based overseas


The root servers are based in the USA for the .com.net and .org domain space. They could easily stop routing the information if they wanted to, but the fallout would be huge. Remember Network solutions redirecting the non registered domains to their site...lasted about a day.


Originally posted by the_denv
For people wishing to know how to run a good Linux system and have their file system completely encrypted please check this video out:


ALL ENCRYPTION developed within the USA has a BACKDOOR. repeat that a few hundred times please. This means they don't need to guess your "pass phrase", they don't need to "crack" the encryption. The backdoor lets the PTB WALK RIGHT INTO your system and decrypt it effortlessly.

Encryption developed overseas such as "IDEA" out of Finland has no USA backdoor, but may have a Finnish Backdoor. So unless you write your own encryption protocol any one you use WILL HAVE A BACK DOOR.

And lastly if you want to protect your media from being erased, simply burn it to cd. Close the session.

The premise of this thread, simply isn't going to happen; not today, not tomorrow, not ever. Can we please let this thread die?

..Ex



posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
Yeah, this is so true. They also eat up all your memory and processing speed. This is why I don't use any AV and for a firewall, well, just use a good Cisco router/switch and block IPs of your choice.


Indeed. I agree, routers are your best choice, although they as well have vulnerabilities, just as everything. Of course, there are some good firewalls for Linux and BSD systems. It's good you don't fall for the AV traps. The last time I installed an AV, the AV actually PLANTED viruses on my computer to get me to register and pay for it! I've never used one since!



Originally posted by the_denv
This is also true, the government and private corporations have people analyzing the packets 24/7, however its rather time consuming. I hate the thought of Internet2 but it is inevitable. The plan is to take away all personal websites (.Com/.Org/.Net etc), and charge you money just like a cable TV subscription to visit 10 websites of your choice. They came up with IPv6, and now they have to go back to the drawing board because IPv6 is the most vulnerable Internet Protocol as it can be taken down with ease by Denial of Service attacks.


Yep, but normally they just log the packets and have an IDS look for strange things. Internet 2.0 is horrible.
Just the thought of it makes me a bit angry. We have it made here with the current internet we have... enjoy it while it lasts, friend. And yes, IPv6 sucks. Also, the IP addresses for IPv6 look extremely confusing! IPv6 is getting scrapped for pretty much the same reason IPv1, v2, and v3 got scrapped. They're pretty much all just test versions.

Eh, but now that I think about it... I am not sure if they could get the Internet 2.0 started without some real problems. But I've heard some rumors about how they're already building the infrastructure of it at ISP's, or something like that. Man, let's hope it doesn't come to fruition. The Internet is one of the few places you can freely express yourself without everyone knowing who you are. I love it.


Originally posted by the_denv
I knew a guy who worked at Cisco, he said they destroy hard drives with a pressing drill that drills a hole 4-5 inches wide straight through the hard drive. For all other people, download the Anarchists Cookbook and read what it tells you about making your own Thermite bomb, apply this knowledge to your hard drive. You can make your own self destruct button on your laptop if your smart enough.


Whoa, I learn something new everyday. You're right, a drill would do the job well. Hehe... the anarchist's cookbook. I remember that book. You know, I think I heard somewhere that if you possess it, that you are considered a domestic terrorist now.

You seem very knowledgeable about computers. I found it a bit funny with the other people in this thread claiming to have indestructible/impenetrable systems. If only they knew...


Peace.



ALL ENCRYPTION developed within the USA has a BACKDOOR. repeat that a few hundred times please. This means they don't need to guess your "pass phrase", they don't need to "crack" the encryption. The backdoor lets the PTB WALK RIGHT INTO your system and decrypt it effortlessly.

Encryption developed overseas such as "IDEA" out of Finland has no USA backdoor, but may have a Finnish Backdoor. So unless you write your own encryption protocol any one you use WILL HAVE A BACK DOOR.


Hmm, I did not know this. Have you dissected it all and looked at it yourself, or did you hear this from somewhere? This sounds like an interesting thing for me to look into a bit. It seems possible, definitely.


[edit on 23-4-2010 by Fangula]



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I got a question :

Is there a stand alone device that can be used to connect like a mp3 player and an external hard drive to that does not need to be a laptop, desktop or any other like device?

Like :

MP3 unit harddrive?

I am most interested to find out as I then can formulate some type of triple to quadruple back up plan.

Also,

How would I go about hardening my firewall and connections?

[edit on 26-4-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
reply to post by the_denv
 


This thread is really going down hill. The DIS information is "fast and furious" which is really showing the total lack of understanding in this thread.


You marked my post as the reply in which you are referring to as "Disinformation", why? You are accusing me of something I am not guilty of, what are you talking about?

Originally posted by v3_exceed
Also, to perform a Distributed Denial of Service attack, you need zombie computers..a whole army of them...gawwd..


Its easy to create a zombie hub. Why are you speaking of it as if it were impossible?


Originally posted by v3_exceed
ALL ENCRYPTION developed within the USA has a BACKDOOR. repeat that a few hundred times please. This means they don't need to guess your "pass phrase", they don't need to "crack" the encryption. The backdoor lets the PTB WALK RIGHT INTO your system and decrypt it effortlessly.

Encryption developed overseas such as "IDEA" out of Finland has no USA backdoor, but may have a Finnish Backdoor. So unless you write your own encryption protocol any one you use WILL HAVE A BACK DOOR.


Encryption algorithms do not have backdoors, its the "software" that applies the encryption that has the backdoor. For example, PGP has a built in backdoor, so on that part your half correct. I actually wrote an article about PGP and other encryption software containing backdoors.

Why was your entire post filled with anger? Its as if you think your all knowing and your calling us morons? Take a step down from your high horse and realize what your post said.


Originally posted by v3_exceed
And lastly if you want to protect your media from being erased, simply burn it to cd. Close the session.


CDs and the word "Protect" in the same sentence? I never thought I would see the day. CDs decompose for a start.


Originally posted by v3_exceed
The premise of this thread, simply isn't going to happen; not today, not tomorrow, not ever. Can we please let this thread die?


That's your opinion, your words are those of a person that wishes for this thread to die. Your just like that person you quoted that stated "Why don't we just delete the illegal websites". Ironic, funny...annoying.

[edit on 26/4/2010 by the_denv]



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by harpsounds
 
Looking on the bright side...it'd free up 90% of my hard drive






Priceless.

I wonder how this would apply to a Mac OS platform?
I also worry that this access to a persons PC would make a frame-up that much easier.

- Plant incriminating photos on loud-mouthed protesting citizens' hard-drive, kick down door and arrest. -

- Lee



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fangula

Indeed. I agree, routers are your best choice, although they as well have vulnerabilities, just as everything. Of course, there are some good firewalls for Linux and BSD systems. It's good you don't fall for the AV traps. The last time I installed an AV, the AV actually PLANTED viruses on my computer to get me to register and pay for it! I've never used one since!



Yeah man, routers also have exploits within the software and the firmware, some do not, then the company releases an update to the customers, they see the "Update your Firmware to v3.4" on their router page (192.168.1.1 etc), download it, install it and don't realize that they just installed a backdoor. Some companies catch on, some do not. Most that do, distribute backdoors to their customers and get paid for it. Just like AntiVirus companies making viruses and then releasing an anti-virus to cure it, to sell products. Just like the SwineFlu crap.


Originally posted by Fangula

Yep, but normally they just log the packets and have an IDS look for strange things. Internet 2.0 is horrible.
Just the thought of it makes me a bit angry. We have it made here with the current internet we have... enjoy it while it lasts, friend. And yes, IPv6 sucks. Also, the IP addresses for IPv6 look extremely confusing! IPv6 is getting scrapped for pretty much the same reason IPv1, v2, and v3 got scrapped. They're pretty much all just test versions.


Yeah your right, a good IDS (for us guys 'n' gals) to use, would be Snort (www.snort.org...). Yeah, enjoy it while we can; download 24/7, data mine, harvest all the information that you can. IPv4 is by far the best, I do not know what advantage IPv6 would give us, IPv4 is more stable anyway. I would also find security pentesting laborious if I were testing a companies computer network remotely, having to type in that ugly IPv6 IP (EG: 2001:db8:85a3::8a2e:370:7334 instead of something like 216.239.51.99).


Originally posted by Fangula
Eh, but now that I think about it... I am not sure if they could get the Internet 2.0 started without some real problems. But I've heard some rumors about how they're already building the infrastructure of it at ISP's, or something like that. Man, let's hope it doesn't come to fruition. The Internet is one of the few places you can freely express yourself without everyone knowing who you are. I love it.


Yeah when I was working for SkyBroadband there were rumors of people being trained on IPv6, preparing for the future. I think it was a waste of time, money and resources on Sky's behalf lol. IPv6 may not come to fruitation; but do not hold your breath as IPv7 or 8 or even 10 may hold the nightmares every freedom seeker on the Net are trying to avoid.


Originally posted by Fangula
Whoa, I learn something new everyday. You're right, a drill would do the job well. Hehe... the anarchist's cookbook. I remember that book. You know, I think I heard somewhere that if you possess it, that you are considered a domestic terrorist now.

You seem very knowledgeable about computers. I found it a bit funny with the other people in this thread claiming to have indestructible/impenetrable systems. If only they knew...


Peace.


LOL yeah that's right mate, there were a load of people arrested just a few years ago for having a copy of that book on their computer. There was mention of it on Kevin Mitnick's real documentary called "Operation Takedown". Well, thank you for your compliments but I like to be humble and say that there are many people out there that would make me look like a schoolgirl, hackers that is. You cant know it all, there is always someone out there better. Which I think is good
I would hate to not have something to learn, something new.

About that other guy and the encryption, hes half right. It depends who packaged the algorithm to be used/installed/applied. You can get encryption which uses ciphers and algorithms that do not contain backdoors, you just have to look around or download a good open source script and modify it to your liking.

Concerning Internet2, I have a feeling TPTB will make a satellite crash into the Earths atmosphere and state that the Internet wont work any more
Then they will create their almighty New-World-Internet and say it has less capability than the previous first Internet. They will probably show it on all the news channels, videos of a satellite falling to Earth, Goodbye Internet LOL! The public will believe them as usual, even though the Internet is mainly a bunch of cables underground/underwater.

[edit on 26/4/2010 by the_denv]



posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
I got a question :

Is there a stand alone device that can be used to connect like a mp3 player and an external hard drive to that does not need to be a laptop, desktop or any other like device?

Like :

MP3 unit harddrive?


A modified cellphone



Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Also,

How would I go about hardening my firewall and connections?


centos.org... - CentOS
www.smoothwall.org... - Smoothwall
www.snort.org... - Snort
base.secureideas.net... - B.A.S.E.

The above will help you secure your computer network. Also, get some good Cisco network hardware, one where you can drop all packets from the intruders subnets off at the router or just route all traffic from them to null. Basically, blocking and banning their IP from communicating to your computers on your network.

Also be sure to use a Passive Tap (Hub), aswell as 2 other computers for you to actually run the above mentioned Operating Systems at the same time as you want to set up a secure connection. Firewalls are only one ingredient in maintaining a secure network.

Here is a picture that my friend made for me a few years ago:
members.netjunkies.net...

[edit on 26/4/2010 by the_denv]



posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
I got a question :

Is there a stand alone device that can be used to connect like a mp3 player and an external hard drive to that does not need to be a laptop, desktop or any other like device?

Like :

MP3 unit harddrive?


A modified cellphone



Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Also,

How would I go about hardening my firewall and connections?


centos.org... - CentOS
www.smoothwall.org... - Smoothwall
www.snort.org... - Snort
base.secureideas.net... - B.A.S.E.

The above will help you secure your computer network. Also, get some good Cisco network hardware, one where you can drop all packets from the intruders subnets off at the router or just route all traffic from them to null. Basically, blocking and banning their IP from communicating to your computers on your network.

Also be sure to use a Passive Tap (Hub), aswell as 2 other computers for you to actually run the above mentioned Operating Systems at the same time as you want to set up a secure connection. Firewalls are only one ingredient in maintaining a secure network.

Here is a picture that my friend made for me a few years ago:
members.netjunkies.net...

[edit on 26/4/2010 by the_denv]


I am not advanced at all when is comes to cpu expertise. I've been getting the same recycled Trojan program (XP Defender Pro, Total XP Defender, etc - April Fool's Virus from 09 rehashed.

We get the thing fixed and within like 72 hours some aspect of McAfee got either taken out completely or have the McAfee setting changed. My mom recently upgraded McA in Oct 09 and it was scheduled to expire in Oct 10 but some prog got in and modified the scrip to end in Jan 10. All by switching the month numbers around.

How would I go in, find and extract this trojan and how would I go about a total lockdown to prevent another intrusion?



new topics

top topics



 
66
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

log in

join