It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban say buildup under way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Article

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan – The Taliban are moving fighters into Kandahar, planting bombs and plotting attacks as NATO and Afghan forces prepare for a summer showdown with insurgents, according to a Taliban commander with close ties to senior insurgent leaders.

The Taliban commander, who uses the pseudonym Mubeen, told The Associated Press that if military pressure on the insurgents becomes too great "we will just leave and come back after" the foreign forces leave.

"Because of the American attitude to the people, they are sympathetic to us," Mubeen said. "Every day we are getting more support. We are not strangers. We are not foreigners. We are from the people."

Looks like its going to be another deadly summer in Afghanistan again. If Mubeen is actualy saying facts about how the locals support him, its looking like it could be one of the worst summers yet. Looks like theres no end in sight yet.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Dear friend, I’m afraid that he doesn’t have to say it for us to know that. Once the us and allied forces are gone they can never keep the established government there.

They are surrounded with Islamic countries, why in the world would they let a pro western government remain?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why don't "the people" of Afghanistan hold a million man march er something to show how serious they are...

Killing hundreds of locals and NATO forces will just keep them their longer.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I wrote a thread on this last fall predicting this eventuality.
It seems I was right.
Marines Engage Al-Qaeda & Taliban Militants

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I wrote a paper in my english class only about 3 months ago about Afghanistan. I put in there that casualties would be even higher this year, especially during the summer months. I made a 95 on it.

new topics

top topics

join