It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAmongstMen

I'm not going to make a complaint, that would be ridiculous. I'm just voicing my opinion. You sound like you have mild cerebral palsy

[edit on 19-4-2010 by KingAmongstMen]

Wow.

You strike me as the kind of person who quickly grew bored with pulling the wings off of flies, and instead pulled the legs off of puppies. How cruel and meanspirited can you be? Do not even bother trying to conceal it under your guise of having an opinion. Sometimes opinions are better kept to yourself.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by KingAmongstMen

Hmmm, I'd suggest to possibly consider learning to listen then?

Definitely could be a problem with your focus, I mean, two beautiful women right?

Well i don't find her attractive either. A 3 at best, out of 10. But that's neither here nor there.

It seems like all you've been doing in this thread is making fun of her voice, and telling us how your not attracted to either of them.

Not very productive right?

Anyway she does have some sort of lisp or something, but it's what makes her voice cute and unique, nobody is perfect, infact it's the imperfections that makes someone closer to perfect.

I seriously don't see the problem, her voice is fine.

Now can we get over the fact that her voice is unique. And accept that we all understand her perfectly well, debating about someones voice is sort of embarrasing for all sides.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Well I won't be watching it.
Not because it doesn't look interesting but because it took so long to load, I ended up giving up and closing it.

Good Luck Ladies.
Have Fun!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

He raised the issue of not understanding her speech, when her primary function on the show would be speaking - that's crossing a line?

Seems like every person defending this program is either a friend of the women doing the show, mod, or a staff member. What does that tell you?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I don't agree with you whatsoever, and don't hear what you are hearing or not hearing. However I think you've made your point, and we all understand your thoughts on this.

If you think it's that big a deal, please use the complaint feature as has been suggested, and stop with the self-glorification and useless comments.

Much appreciated. Have a good one.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
*bites lip*

Im not sure what it is...but it just seems off to me.

The girls are fine..they did a fine job...mabey the way it was presented, mabey the idea of not used to seeing them do this and they just need to be more comfortable.

I did have trouble understanding some of it.

And...*bites lip again*

I dont like the whole 'chick' title

Keep working on it I say...Im just trying to be honest.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy

Seems like every person defending this program is either a friend of the women doing the show, mod, or a staff member. What does that tell you?

I am none.

Theory debunked I'm afraid.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If this brings more hits to the site and even brightens up someone day for a while then I am all for it, and I wish Asala and AshleyD the very best of luck and I think you will both do brilliantly – sincere congratulations to the both of you.

Mainstream tactics to attract the masses seems to be the reason for this new tactic? Use fire to fight fire – love it, and the concept can only be a winner.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Attractive females doing a news program for ATSers?

I'm okay with this.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I like it

Can't wait to check it out. I'm sure Asala & Ashley will be great!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

You think Asala would ever get a job in a call center? Come on lol.

I was a Site Director/Operations Manager in a call center for 9 years. Yes, she would get a job in any shop that i ran.

She doesn't sound like she has palsy, but i had a supervisor who had it. He could barely walk, and took longer to complete his weekly assignments than any other supervisor. But he was more effective than any other supervisor i had. His team was consistently among the top 3 teams (out of several thousand) in T-Mobiles call center operations).

He now works as an "at-home" supervisor of 20 other "at-home" agents in another company.

Your insinuation is ignorant and offensive.

link   

Dude honestly, You're just being rude.
Saying people have speech impediments and saying people sound like they have cerebral palsy...

There are plenty of people who don't like the vid, plenty that found it unintentionally hilarious and plenty who loved it, and none of these people have mocked either of the ladies involved.

Have a bit of respect for people ok?

Do you walk down the street pointing and laughing at people for their differences and so on?

As the saying goes, If you've got nothing productive to say, then shut the f**k up !!!

[edit on 19/4/10 by blupblup]

link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Glancing through the thread I see others have said this as well...

...the video is really not that spectacular. The script was boring. Two girls taking turns reading from a list, mostly. And I apologize, but the eye candy was not so impressive as to make up for the boring monologues. Also, again, as others have pointed out...someone whose speech is difficult to understand is not ideal for a role where speaking is the primary focus.

There are plenty of teenagers producing much higher quality, and more interesting videos in their spare time on youtube. An organization like ATS needs to do better than this.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Hey blup the ATS you and I both often lament is well and truly gone, however, this is one change I am initially in favour of.

Let's hope I'll be saying the same in 12months time.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Yeah I get it, your talking in a very logical way of thinking.

But your wording had no compassion or social structure at all and along with other peoples negative comments, it made you appear worse than your trying to come off as.

I understand your logical mind, but I can see why people are starting to get fed up.

Also most people do understand her perfectly well, so your point is not coming accross so well to those people.

Peace.

Anyway back to the video, it's just a beginning, there's always space for improvement, everything has a beginning. It did seem cheesy in a funny way, made me smile. I think it was mostly the beggining bit when they were both reading the script at the same time haha, it seemed very unnatural. But the second half they started to act more natural, and their personality started to come out.
The more comfortable they become, the better and less cheesy it will be. But sometimes cheesy is good

To me once they perfect the directing, and the ladies get more comfortable it will keep improving.

Although it's hard to get comfortable when you get negative comments, right?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Because all the information is already on here all they are going to do is wrap it up in a pretty package and add their 2cents.I just don't see the point apart from a marketing slant

yea I don't either .. and with the whole lets support Robbie hoopla yeeah .. sorry I REALLY expected more..

Green is my least favorite color .. and I can read the posts myself.. wow.. I'm sorry I just can't call these ATS members.. 'chicks'.. they TOTALLY deserver better than this.!

I'm not sure what's going on .. but.. yea..

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy

I am NOT a friend of the women doing the show, mod, or a staff member. And I think the concept, presentation, production values and anchors are very, very good. The "Conspiracy Chicks" does what needs to be done - it celebrates ATS' diversity and showcases the best of our best - with style.

...Also, FYI, the "Conspiracy Chicks" show is similar to a project proposal I sent up, and to the clips I used for a brief promo here on ATS - but different. I do not feel threatened or ripped off. And I will keep developing my own project, and put it out, without feeling redundant.

I absolutely support the "Conspiracy Chicks" project.

ATS has more.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join