It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
reply to post by whatukno

That's exactly my point. The advertising is advertising their sexiness, yet it's supposed to be about their intelligence. That's disingenuous advertising to say the least.

I watched it and felt no sexual vibe at all.

Everywhere I go women call each other sexy, hottie, cutie, all over my facebook they nickname each other with many unique names. How does this degrade them in any way? it's just plain old fun, it's called social skills.

It does not affect their intelligence one single bit.

I think people getting crazy over this whole hottie thing need to get out more and look at the real world. Nothing in that video was about sex. Once again I think some people are lacking social skills lol

And seriously, stop being so serious (pun intended)

We live in a very serious world, and that is one of our biggest problems, chill out and let go for once guys, it would be a breath of fresh air around here.

Edit: one more thing, I think the people who are complaining and saying it's sexist are the ones who are probably really being sexist, it's ironic.

If Ashley and Asala were two men instead and they called themselves "charming tom" and "handsome bill".

People wouldn't be here making a 6 page long thread debating about how sexual these men are. lol So men can get away with having a bit of fun, but women can't because somehow it stops them from being intelligent? That's just illogical and...sexist.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I really can't see what the problem is.

Two of the most respected members of ATS are going to present a news show.
Surely that's a good thing.

That they are a 'hottie' and a 'cutie' is merely a bonus.

There seems to be too much PC nonsense and insecurity here.

Originally posted by whatukno
I think the show will have a lot more stimulation for the mind than the groin.

Couldn't put it any better wukky

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
It does make me laugh to see people moaning about the fact that it's two ladies involved here.

Getting a bit upset that so many "men" here keep playing the "stop being sexist and thinking girls can't do stuff" card, when in actuality nobody has said anything remotly along those lines.

The fact that you imagined that someone has said something so disgusting, proves that you are twisting what you read to defend a point never even hinted at.

Hmmmm...I wonder why.

Is there are written rule that women are not allowed to be the hosts of chonspiracy shows or something?

NO...there is not such a rule. In fact, if there was, that would be "just as sexist" and "insulting" as calling people things like "cutie" and "honey pot".

I'm sure you will read that in a way that attempts to make me look like I'm off my rocker or some barbarian who hates women.

No-one batted an eyelid when the guys did it.

Johnny A was not sold to me as a sex symbol in a blatantly sexual manner. If Johnny was introduced to me as "the hot stud muffin", trust me...I'd complain.

Something tells me most of these "hot to trot guys" posting how "hot these ladies are" would also complain if Johnny was first delivered as a "thing to desire sexually"

Get over it,

No...I will not...and mark my words, many of ATS users will not tolerate this either.

If the trade is worth it...I suggest ATS continues using this marketing tactic.

But if ATS wishes to keep many of the people who come here for conspiracy, they will consider opinions like mine very seriously.

This was ATS dropping the ball. And they dropped it hard.

just two women who know their stuff, so why shouldn't they add to ATS with this.

Just because you seem a little slow on the "getting this", let me clarify this again.

NOBODY thinks these two ladies are incapable of delivering a good show. But when the master's of this site allow, promote or indorse calling people things like "sugar toots, hot pants or baby doll", MANY FOLKS are going to be insulted.

If you are not one of them...well, I have my own opinion on what kind of guy/girl you are.

I'd be more concerned if some of the guys here fronted this.

I have no idea what this means...then again, I doubt you really do either.

Good luck ladies, i'm sure it will work out well.

Yeah...sure...if they stop insulting me with this pandering attempt to make me horny, sure it will work.

But I am far from alone on this view. In fact, I am sure there will be a roar to be heard about this.

And it truly saddens me to be a voice against something ATS has put together. ATS has never failed me before. Here I feel like they slapped my daughter and then tried to get me in bed.

Sorry...that kind of marketing is for the mainstream media...hell, we all have read hundreds of threads that label this sort of thing as "corrupt, underhanded or pathetic".

Of course...here we all are defending the very same tactic.

Sorry...This sits very badly in my stomach and I hope the show continues forward with less attacks on my libido and more respect for the males of this site.

This isn't an insult to the women involved. It is an insult to those who were just targeted with "sex-sells" tactics.

If it hit you and you smiled...well guess what?

Target hit.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Ashley, just so you know (and if you couldn't tell), i am from Texas, too. If i ever am single.......

In all seriousness, i like the idea. Marketability is important, and the site ownership is working to get our message out (thank you, guys). I just hope that we are not cheapening the site by trying to appeal to the more base human instincts.

These ladys are very pretty....but lets not forget the outstanding minds that are behind those pretty faces.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

link   
What happened to Mr. Anonymous? Will he still be around?

link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by KingAmongstMen

Well if you are English and can't understand her then I have to think that you were brought up in an area of England where there is a strong local accent, equally incomprehensible to some non English folks.

I am also English and had no problems understanding her accent, and I can understand most local English dialects from West Country through Welsh and Northern, to Scots.

As an English/British person you should be ashamed of yourself if you are so parochial as the be unable to understand the accent of a fellow countrywoman.

i am not english but i have to admit i didnt hear her that clearly, as compared to the other speaker. so i think she may have been nervous or just needs to raise her voice and speak louder.

link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

Well if you are English and can't understand her then I have to think that you were brought up in an area of England where there is a strong local accent, equally incomprehensible to some non English folks.

I am also English and had no problems understanding her accent, and I can understand most local English dialects from West Country through Welsh and Northern, to Scots.

As an English/British person you should be ashamed of yourself if you are so parochial as the be unable to understand the accent of a fellow countrywoman.

damn double post..alright see ya guys.

and i think i agree with below comment, change the sexual titles, it doesn't add to the credibility. seriously

[edit on 19-4-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
You know, it kind of upsets me that people are saying those who are not stoked about this, can't put beauty and brains in the same line...it's not about that.

Of course both these girls are beautiful & smart- and there is nothing wrong with that, no one is saying there is something wrong with that.

I think some of us members are just disappointed with how it's been done. I mean seriously now... It sort of makes us all look stupid- as conspiracy theorists. Like everything we are interested in is a big joke- because no one can take something like this seriously...especially not with labels like 'hotty & cutie'.

I agree with the member who said that there are much better words to put underneath their names such as 'genius conspiracy theorist' or something along those lines... 'Texas Hottie' just screams stupid to me- & that is not a blow at AshleyD! It's a blow to the stupidity of the label...

Pity some of you don't see that some of us are genuinely disappointed in this...& it's a pity that you see it as complaining. But we do care about this site & what it stands for.

If this is the direction the site will be taking- it will definitely gain members- as well as lose members. It all boils down to what your target audience is I guess- and at the moment it seems hormonal teenage boys. And that is the quality of content you will be stuck with on this site.

I would just love to see something I can take seriously, and share with others while not being laughed at...

And just for the record, I could hear Asala just fine- nothing wrong with the way she speaks-at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I actually liked the Cheesiness of it... it was over-the-top cheese.
Well the first portion of the clip was anyway, The interchanging of lines and the talking together.

I don't see why people are surprised that ATS would do this.... Hot people in general sell stuff and ATS have merely taken another leaf out of the MSM's book... It's no big deal.

I think the show will be hilarious, Not sure if that's the intention or I've misread it somehow, but it made me laugh.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Sounds pretty cool.
Loved the things you did with the words.

I think it's intended to show that, yes, woman also have a powerful hold over ATS. Wahaay for that one

More deep,crazy talk coming our way.
Can't wait for it

[edit on 19/4/2010 by BlackPoison94]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I'd recommend a hearing aide or maybe some lingual tutoring?

I'm Californian and I understand her clear as a bell.

I'd honestly recommend having your ears checked, your elderly years can bring on some horrific problems.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Johnny A was not sold to me as a sex symbol in a blatantly sexual manner. If Johnny was introduced to me as "the hot stud muffin", trust me...I'd complain. Something tells me most of these "hot to trot guys" posting how "hot these ladies are" would also complain if Johnny was first delivered as a "thing to desire sexually"

I agree, JonnyA was nothing to pine over at all- and it was just as corny..

I am glad that the girls are being given a chance to show what they are made of- I just dislike the manner of advertising them this way- as if no one would watch the show if it was done in a professional manner... they do not need skanky labels..

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

Following complaints by Louie and others the Conspiracy Chicks have been replaced

This extremely intelligent lady will replace the conspiracy chicks in the light of complaints about the cuteness/sexiness of the Chicks and the fact that these attributes are being used to lure males into watching, since they would not otherwise be interested in the content.

Please give a warm welcome to Margo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/094d9d128b2f.jpg[/atsimg]

-----------------------------

I say bring back the Conspiracy Chicks!

[edit on 19/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

I'd recommend a hearing aide or maybe some lingual tutoring?

I'm Californian and I understand her clear as a bell.

I'd honestly recommend having your ears checked, your elderly years can bring on some horrific problems.

Lol, i have a degree in Linguistics. And my ears are just fine

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

No its true to you, to me its not.
Thanks but we don't need you to speak forall of us oh RUpert Murdoch of the Conspiracy world....

These women are very strong conspiracy theorists, so what are we saying that they have to be sexy and have perfect speech for all dialects to understand?

Anything else we can add to your list of requirements for something you could never get off your arse to do?

Perhaps we should just use the Zazzbot, remove anything that doesn't subscribe to your female ideal.
Make them androids perhaps? Which part of the UK are you from? We'll make sure to load in your accent to the software.

Asala and Ash can embrace the fact that they are smart, intelligent and gorgeous ! Nothing in the world that says that should be limited to pretty and dumb, or smart and plain....they can speak anyway they like...if they couldn't, they should have hired models, to just drone on for you all in a manner of speech you find acceptable.....

Anyway enough of feeding your trolling, go back to your mamas basement

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

No its true to you, to me its not.
Thanks but we don't need you to speak forall of us oh RUpert Murdoch of the Conspiracy world....

These women are very strong conspiracy theorists, so what are we saying that they have to be sexy and have perfect speech for all dialects to understand?

Anything else we can add to your list of requirements for something you could never get off your arse to do?

Perhaps we should just use the Zazzbot, remove anything that doesn't subscribe to your female ideal.
Make them androids perhaps? Which part of the UK are you from? We'll make sure to load in your accent to the software.

Asala and Ash can embrace the fact that they are smart, intelligent and gorgeous ! Nothing in the world that says that should be limited to pretty and dumb, or smart and plain....they can speak anyway they like...if they couldn't, they should have hired models, to just drone on for you all in a manner of speech you find acceptable.....

Anyway enough of feeding your trolling, go back to your mamas basement

If you want to pretend she doesn't have a speech-impedement then do so.

Check my signature

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Hmmm, I'd suggest to possibly consider learning to listen then?

Definitely could be a problem with your focus, I mean, two beautiful women right?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAmongstMen

If you want to pretend she doesn't have a speech-impedement then do so.

Check my signature

Who has a speech impediment??
And what the frack does it matter...?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Yawn, bored now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join