It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala

Originally posted by KingAmongstMen
I can't comment on the individual contributions from the 2 ladies in question to ATS.

What I will say however is that the English girl I have severe doubts about. I can barely understand her and I'm English myself.

She needs some speech-therapy or something.

I'm not even joking, have you kept her on for fear of offending her? Lord knows how non-Brits are going to understand her.

If you have a suggestion then please feel free to use the complaints,

I say don't worry too much about your oratory skills. I think your pronunciation was just fine. I'm from central Illinois, not British, and i understood the words coming out of your mouth just fine.

Best Wishes,
John Paul

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I suppose if Ashley and Asala aren't bothered by the title of the show or their labels I shouldn't be either but I do find them sexist. Especially from a male run site.

I realize there are a lot of woman moderators but the PTB are all male.

As for attracting more woman to the site, not sure about that but it may get you some gents.

I'll over look the titles and watch the show and if it is played to be a spoof then the name and titles are appropriate, if you want it to be a serious news show/recap of the site show... I think you blew with the title etc.

Bottom line though I only wish Ashley and Asala the best they have both been more than friendly and helpful to me (more than I can say for some of the guys)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyleOrtonArmy
It's bad enough I got the U2U to see this incredibly embarrassing joke of a teaser but when I make an effort to just IGNORE IT as to not offend anybody I have to look at this ridiculous background all day! How can I ignore it if it's everywhere I go on the site? It looks like they're mother and daughter and creepy as heck!

What's worse is playing on men's instincts to get views for this nonsense, and reducing two intelligent human beings to the cutie and the hottie, when they're intelligent! Not cute or hot!

REALLY DUDE REALLY

whats with everyones fear of intelligence and sexual attractiveness. gosh its like you have to be smart or sexy you cant be both.
that really pisses me off, i just don't belief that is life. i think we all have the potential to be attractive (it takes work lol) and intelligent (which also takes work) , people need to stop being a bunch of rude people. seriously i don't know if your a man but if you are you probably have too much estrogen.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

It's bad enough I got the U2U to see this incredibly embarrassing joke of a teaser but when I make an effort to just IGNORE IT as to not offend anybody I have to look at this ridiculous background all day! How can I ignore it if it's everywhere I go on the site? It looks like they're mother and daughter and creepy as heck!

What's worse is playing on men's instincts to get views for this nonsense, and reducing two intelligent human beings to the cutie and the hottie, when they're intelligent! Not cute or hot!

andy recap:

-playing on mens instincts
-reducing two intelligent human beings to cutie and hottie
-not cute and hot? what! well i guess its your preference

anyways all i got was serious insecurity or fear of manipulation (must be on ats too much?lol) there is no need to worry, well i hope, i to wouldn't want to see people degraded.

link   

link   
I just wish we could star some posts in here.

I hate to see some meanness in here.

Asala and AshleyD both are intelligent AND beautiful.

I have huge respect for both.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

It looks like they're mother and daughter and creepy as heck!

Mother and daughter? Really? I don't see it, but just out of curiosity, which do you see as the daughter?

Yes they're intelligent and there's nothing wrong with that. And yes they're hot and what's wrong with that? And what's wrong with being both intelligent and hot? It seems like a good combination to me.

I'll reserve final judgment until I see something beyond the teaser.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

.... as to not offend anybody I have to look at this ridiculous background all day! How can I ignore it if it's everywhere I go on the site?

Nowing ATS I highly doubt their pictures will be a permanent ficture in the ATS background. They will probably keep them up for awhile to promote the project, i guess a few weeks or a few months.

Looks alright to me. So long as it is a temporary thing for promoting the project.

Personally i think the project will prove to be a success. Like a wrap-up or overall summary of ATS blogs and threads and various other events on ATS.

I like the idea.

CX

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
It does make me laugh to see people moaning about the fact that it's two ladies involved here.

Is there are written rule that women are not allowed to be the hosts of chonspiracy shows or something? No-one batted an eyelid when the guys did it.

Get over it, just two women who know their stuff, so why shouldn't they add to ATS with this. I'd be more concerned if some of the guys here fronted this.

Good luck ladies, i'm sure it will work out well.

CX.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Yeah I bet it'll be a real smash hit. You might even get the WWE crowd in here to watch it. Shoot, instead of discussing conspiracies and political scandals they can just talk about coors light and trailer parks. Awesome.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I just pulled a noob thing.
But, did anyone mention why Johnny Anonymous is not doing the news?
Or is he still?

I didn't read any explanations, cause I might of skipped a page or two.

to AshelyD, and Asala for being the newest broadcasters.
No pun intended.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

Actually man, these are two of our most intelligent members. I think they deserve a lot more respect than you are giving them. The fact that they are attractive is a side point. I think the show will have a lot more stimulation for the mind than the groin.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I like it;
I will definitely subscribe to their videos;

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

That's exactly my point. The advertising is advertising their sexiness, yet it's supposed to be about their intelligence. That's disingenuous advertising to say the least.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

.... as to not offend anybody I have to look at this ridiculous background all day! How can I ignore it if it's everywhere I go on the site?

Nowing ATS I highly doubt their pictures will be a permanent ficture in the ATS background. They will probably keep them up for awhile to promote the project, i guess a few weeks or a few months.

You know this layout looks mighty familiar to me, I saw something very similar at the end of March when they were promoting the return of the V-episodes, I took a screenshot back then and like you said that was only up for a short time promotion.

Does anyone else see the similarities between the ATS layout and the Yahoo TV listings layout?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17c15354a5d6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d07fc2b71529.jpg[/atsimg]
Does anyone else see a similarity?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Or, great minds think alike?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAmongstMen

NO what is ridiculous is the way you are speaking to another person.... A intelligent and respected member of ATS. Who has earned her stripes 100 times over to be forefront in contributing to the new direction of media on this board compared to you and any of your contributions. There is no need to be so crass. Shall we stick your mug on screen? Please do, I look forward to being rude and senselessly offensive to you for no other reason other it makes my little mind feel better by projecting my angst on another person who is brave enough to take on a new role. If you don't like it, don't watch . Simple math Einstein.

Asala and Ashley, I understand you must be nervous, but thank you for be being brave enough to take on such a daunting task. It really is and I hope people can appreciate how much work that goes into this from you both and bill and the rest of the production team.

relax, and have fun with it!! and who gives a flying fart as to what a angry basement dweller may think....

Go the Girls!
Oh and thank you you for your intelligent and astounding contribution to ATS to date.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctor j and inmate c5779This is just another step to world wide acceptance that there are more hidden truths than the average person cares to admit. thumbs up

Less of the creepy old guys, but yes agreed.

When ATS News goes MSM with it's own News channel, free and unfettered, then we will have arrived!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

reply to post by whatukno

That's exactly my point. The advertising is advertising their sexiness, yet it's supposed to be about their intelligence. That's disingenuous advertising to say the least.

sigh well its obvious they are not ugly women, and since your saying they are advertising their sexiness, i think they are being upfront about it, after all if they weren't then eventually people act likel pervs in the forums.

whats wrong with advertising sexuality, and why does it have to be about just intelligence. (hard for me to explain that lol)i get what your saying but i think your assuming things from what you want. anyways i dont think the show is just
supposed to be about intelligence (a broad term) i think it adds a level comfort and normality to ats.

i dont mean to be specifically targeting you, i just want to explain my perspective.

to better explain i dont think we should just have somebody being like a robot, i think everyone would feel more better with more humane interaction on ats.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAmongstMen

Well if you are English and can't understand her then I have to think that you were brought up in an area of England where there is a strong local accent, equally incomprehensible to some non English folks.

I am also English and had no problems understanding her accent, and I can understand most local English dialects from West Country through Welsh and Northern, to Scots.

As an English/British person you should be ashamed of yourself if you are so parochial as the be unable to understand the accent of a fellow countrywoman.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join