Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
These two ladies are probably more intelligent and more capable than 99% of the people on here who are barking and complaining, they have each been staples in these forums for years.

They are more than able to handle the material and do the job, and obviously noone is twisting their arms or exploiting them in any way.

The only people here who are being sexist and petty are the ones who judge these women by their looks and not by the wealth of intellect and abilty that they bring to the table.

And as someone much smarter than me once said..."If you dont like it dont watch it".

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Oooo, great idea guys.

I'll make sure to check this out after I get my new PC. After an oh so fatal explosion of my motherboard, with the tragic consequences of leaving me without the internet for 2 weeks
, I'll make this one of the first things I look up.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I can't speak for Asala (and really can not really speak for AshleyD either for that matter) but let me say this and you all can draw your own conclusions from there from one who has been around a bit.

I have marked very few individuals as a friend (evidenced by my profile) and AshleyD is one of them and has everything to do with private conversations via U2U, prior to her becoming a moderator.

AshleyD is one of the few people that I would genuinely call a friend in real life had we lived closer together. A condition that has nothing to do with with looks nor gender, I assure you.

Everyone in this world is a dichotomy between who they project themselves to be and how they truly are. AshleyD quite often presents herself as how she is with exception of hiding her anger, embarrassment or exasperation. Things that we all try to keep to ourselves.

On more than a few occasions, I have asked for her opinion on a number of things and without exception she has felt comfortable enough with me speak her mind even when it was to say it was a stupid or poor idea. And that is a core of being a friend in my book, the confidence to speak your mind.

And Ashley, that is why I thought you would be an excellent choice for a different project that I suggested, and would have loved to have done it with you for those reasons. I didn't know that your plate was already full, but yes, your other reason was an acceptable reason to decline despite my slight chiding.

So there you go folks, I am not an insufferable jackass 24/7 that takes nothing seriously as a few have have concluded over the years. But never fear, I'll slip back to normal jackass self shortly.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This is great!
Look forward to hearing it from a lady's point of view. And the presentation was really well done. I will watch it, for sure.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
At least this solves the mystery of who those eyes belong to, that was an interesting thread trying to speculate what they were for...now we know.

I watched the teaser and got the impression this won't be totally unlike the shows with Johnny Anonymous, pointing out the hot threads etc? Well, what could be better than having hot women talk about hot threads? How about the fact that they have brains behind the beauty and obviously know a lot about the subject matter, which, judging from their posts, they do. So yeah, it seems like a good formula, I'll look forward to seeing the first real episode instead of just the teaser.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I was right, I thought those were Ashley's eyes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Two females who actually spend time wondering about the universe, have opinions and are willing to share them, instead of reading gossip online, and they are both hot.

What's the chances of that ?

I am living in the wrong country.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I agree somewhat with the fact that the way it's done is cheesy...

For those with the sexist claims- I can understand how they view this as 'sex sells' but I believe that is purely due to the 'texas hottie' & 'british cutie' underneath their names...and maybe has something to do with the hair flicking, dumb comments and cheesy slogans being used etc, etc..

But- The way I see it- Why can't the girls have their own show? At the moment, it's equally as cheesy as Jonny Anonymous... It's a great Idea- if it was thought out better, and maybe taken a bit more seriously instead of the corny laugh it off way it comes across at the moment...

These girls have great potential for this show, I just think their brains and ideas should be more of a focus than the fact that they are good looking women, reading a prompt...

If I may be completely honest, without being stoned to death....I never shared Jonny Anonymous with anyone, because it did not do the information justice- it made it look like a joke, as does this...

I think this show has great potential, if taken a bit more seriously. I would love to have a show from this board that I can share with people around me, without feeling like a complete idiot for believing what is being said- purely based on the quality of how the information is being presented.

Personally, If I was asked to do this show, I would NOT have let them put that lame comment under my name...(texas hottie etc.) I would have been like- Hell no! Remove it- or I'm out! Purely, because if it was me, I would want to be taken seriously. And that's almost impossible with a label like that stuck to your name.

I hope this show evolves into something we can all be proud of- and I think the girls will do a great Job if they follow their gut, instead of following 'what sells' or what the site owners think would sell...

Girls- we love you... make the rest of us "chicks" proud!

[edit on 23/01/2010 by jinx880101]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
These two ladies are probably more intelligent and more capable than 99% of the people on here who are barking and complaining, they have each been staples in these forums for years.

They are more than able to handle the material and do the job, and obviously noone is twisting their arms or exploiting them in any way.

The only people here who are being sexist and petty are the ones who judge these women by their looks and not by the wealth of intellect and abilty that they bring to the table.

And as someone much smarter than me once said..."If you dont like it dont watch it".

That's a little harsh, don't you think?

----

I think it is a good move and look forward to seeing their stories. I am sure they are more than capable to fulfil the roles they were assigned.

Asala and AshleyD, best of luck!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

These two ladies are probably more intelligent and more capable than 99% of the people on here who are barking and complaining,

Indeed...

Imagine my shock to see them described only as "the cutie" and the "hottie", instead of something that pointed towards their intelligence and credibility.

I am sure you understand.

they have each been staples in these forums for years.

They sure have! And imagine if all those years men on this forum only called them "the cutie" or "the hottie"

Better yet...if this is what we are going for...lets make up our own?

The sexy? The Do-able? The woohoo-mamas? The Hubba-hubbas?

Again...from reading your incredibly intelligent (and thoughtful) political posts and threads, I am sure you get where I am come from?

The Hey-babies-what's-your-number-girls?

I am sure you are right about the twisting of the arms part.

But if you think using sexual imagery- or playing to a man's desires for "attractive females"-is not exploitation...I'm sorry I STRONGLY disagree.

And I'm not talking about exploiting women. I'm talking about exploiting the average man's mentality and carnal weaknesses.

The clip is aimed at men. The clip makes more then a few attempts to arouse men.

It was intentional.

Anyone spending more then a short time on any conspiracy site should easily recognize this tactic. I'm shocked you see my view on this as "out of line".

Wrong....two part answer for you here.

1) No one is judging these women on their looks or gender. In fact, I find it very "underhanded" that you would try to turn this into a debate about such. I would not have labeled either of these ladies as anything "sexual" or "perverted"... especially when trying to introduce them to so many people online.

2) Anyone who DOES make the mistake of judging these girls on their looks or gender can hardly be blamed after being shown a clip that blatantly labeled them as "the hottie" and the "cutie"

Imagine anyone....a school teacher...a doctor....a bus driver or a postal worker, introducing themselvs to you as "the cutie" or "the hottie". Would you take them serious? I know I would not.

That is exactly what has just taken place. An introduction to these two ladies being "the cutie" and the "hottie" of ATS.

Knowing the posts of both ladies, I would have so many "other things" to call them. I mean, the english language has hundreds of words for "genius, unrelenting, inquisitive, brilliant, thorough, dedicated,...the list goes on and on.

But when "whoever made this", with access to a thesaurus, decided to choose the words "hottie and cutie", I'm sorry that it the moment someone should have stepped in and talked about proper advertising tactics and the basics of PR.

Sorry...very insulting to me.

As this site teaches... "Deny Ignorance".

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I usually do not agree with Mr.Mask's posts for different reasons , but this one ,and the last one in this thread is spot on

I mean no offense to the "hotties and cuties" but taking 2 very intelligent women and turning them into a cheap marketing trick for ATS is just low :/ (at least thats how the teaser shows them)

Well I guess we will see how it goes , and I wish all the best in the show , but I just can't seem to overcome the feeling that this will be more a parody of ats than anything serious , and for that I have Comedy Central

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

i agree with mask on this one. ATS is a place for intellect and logic. reducing 2 very capable women to slogans that have nothing to do with the subject matter only shows where the team that came up with this idea are coming from. They just want people to tune in based on sex appeal and not intelligence. its a marketing ploy, pure and simple. im in sales so i know a pitch when i see one. im not taking anything away from these amazing women i just think they are misrepresented in this case.

regardless if your like it or not believe it or not sex sells. the average age of the majority of people on ats i would guess at between 20 and 30 year old males. so obviously the site owners need to draw in more hits to make money off advertising. again im not saying thats a good or a bad thing just pointing out the facts. This site cant survive without revenues from advertising so........ whoever pays the bills.....well no shortage of imagination on ATS ill let the rest of you fill in the blanks.

have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

the 'cheesyness' is supposed to recapture the early TV series of 'Batman' CAMP...

and why are the billboards in a graphic SanFrancisco ?
is that supposed to convey a message that these 'chicks' are both an Ocean and a Continent apart... yet teamed in their mission to aid the citizenry...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
That was an amazing trailer!

Can't wait to see the actual show!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
With any luck this should bring more females to ATS, it is a bit male dominated here with far too much testosterone flowing through the keyboards of posters. Checking through the posts in BTS there is also alot of misunderstandings between the two Sex's. I am guilty too. So lets hope the Conspiracy "ladies" as I prefer to call them, drive some more intelligent females to ATS.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The men of No Ma'am take exception to your post!

But the official view by No Ma'am is:

These are two well qualified and highly intelligent members and moderators on our beloved board. The fact that they are also quite attractive is a side point.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Interesting idea, I am curious how it will turn out.
I won't mind the whole 'cutie, hottie, chicks' packaging as long as they bring a good debate and an intelligent analysis.
Good luck girls

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by Mr Mask

I will be watching it for the information alone.

And count this as a slap in the face from a site I love.

Every time the TV tries to sell me an erection I am insulted.

Ohh Mr Mask... Are you telling me you only bought Playboy for the articles?
I never figured you for a wowser!

Perhaps I'm just a weird guy - but I'd much prefer to see Ashley & Asala presenting the ATS News instead of Johnny (Sorry JA). When Johnny was presenting, it kinda reminded me of 'Uncle Croc's Block'. Anyone remember that show? Needless to say, not my taste.

Anyhow, I'm all for gorgeous babes giving me the conspiratorial 'good oil' instead of graying old men! I don't find it insulting to my intelligence at all. Nor do I find it pandering to my loins. Those two girls are incredibly savvy members and deserve a shot at it.

IRM

ACTUALLY if people study a bit about demographics they would learn that testosterone levels have been in decline dramatically in all animals and people in the past 50 years. So anything that can boost that is a godsend, now im not saying people should act like drooling dogs(a little is ok) but its not healthy to be in a hormonal whack.which basically all of society is is right now, for the majority.

Plus i am pretty sure that most conspiracy theorist (or 'alternative thinkers') are male. i don't see too manny woman who are into fringe topics, maybe because they are more prone to being singled out as weird, and judged by friends. i honestly don't really know and i could be wrong..females perspective is appreciated on this <

sure sex sells, all i ask is that these two young ladies Remain professional. if you don't keep it professional it will get weird, and a little humor never hurt so were off to a good start =).

oh and IMO i feel much better learning from intelligent women then old guys..well since i am a male, lol and i just want to wish the best and good luck for this project

oh and relax, stay natural, feel good and have fun!

were all humans after all! (or maybe some of us aliens..) lol

[edit on 19-4-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAmongstMen
I can't comment on the individual contributions from the 2 ladies in question to ATS.

What I will say however is that the English girl I have severe doubts about. I can barely understand her and I'm English myself.

She needs some speech-therapy or something.

I'm not even joking, have you kept her on for fear of offending her? Lord knows how non-Brits are going to understand her.

If you have a suggestion then please feel free to use the complaints,

Any hows
thank you everyone for the support for myself and Ashley, And also thank you to those who have critiqued the show,

What the Conspiracy chicks is all about is covering the hot topics here on ATS as well as Ashley and i doing out own research and bringing you our findings,
We will be making sure that important content here on ATS is not missed and heck
We sure are not going to be like other reporters, WE wont hold back or be silenced with your hard work.

Remember this is just a trailer for the show, What we will bring you is what we have done as members, Hard work research.

The idea is that we will be the voice of members here on ATS,

Again thank you all for the support! xxx

(Lol lucky 7 years on ATS has given me a thick skin eh!)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by asala]

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join