It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Did you post the comment about being in marketing etc?

If so, why was your comment banned?

You should apologise to no one.

If this wasn't you, I apologise. I actually sent you a u2u.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

you took offense that their heads were talking (as opposed to not talking).
i want you to think about that, i mean SERIOUSLY think about that.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

But will he dance?

[edit on Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:12:43 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by annefran
Dont agree - it's the window dressing that puts people at ease and allows them not to focus on the real issues. Same weapon or same trap?

We need to keep things in perspective. It is not the "window dressing" or marketing tactics that makes the MSM so bad. But rather, it is the misinformation and false dichotomy they present through such tactics.

If the "window dressing" is what makes people more comfortable with accepting the information they are presented by the MSM, then theoretically, the same concept will apply here. There is nothing wrong with that.

Furthermore, I think it has been made quite clear that Ashley and Asala are not simply being used as "window dressing". They are real people who have a passion for the topics that get discussed here on ATS. No fakery and no BS. Just real and heartfelt analysis of the issues that we all like to discuss on here...and presented in a way that is stylish and relevant.

I see no reason why anyone would have a problem with that.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Asala & Ashley congratulations with your new project - I look forward to a new era for ATS with regards 2010 ...new ideas, updated beta site, ATS Radio

"You go chicks!"

link   
The easier way to solve all these problems would to just offer punch and pie.

No one would get offended if there was punch and pie involved.

link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/192eb6ecd4e3.jpg[/atsimg]

Can't we all be Darren for just one day?

You know, go with the flow, support each other, not take ourselves too seriously?
Got forbid manage the considerable task of having a thought without posting it?

Egads, I cringe at the drama when ATS 2010 is launched ... heads will explode with opinions!

Be the Darren you wish to see!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

not like I did that night last June with you.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

i can't see them on my browser, my browser window isn't wide enough, and i have the most common desktop resolution setting, so i have no way of answering your question to begin with. but if i reset my resolution, i could guess that their pics are so small, that you can't see the details/imperfections, anyway.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Being Surprised by the Jalapeno Sauce doesn't count...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Can a mod explain to me why Mr Mask's comment on page 22 was removed as off topic, as it most certainly was NOT off topic.

He expressed his opinion about the subject clearly.

He wasn't rude to any users, yet instead showed up the rudeness of the mods/owners.

So again.

Why was his post removed as off topic?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Wow. I think I should stop posting. So many words being put in my mouth.

I spoke nothing of the validity of what they are saying. That is not my issue. It is the manner of which it is being conveyed. It's not natural. If they were to make a video talking about the posts and it comes naturally, I am all for it. But it's not human. There are no mistakes when reading instead of talking. When you talk, everything flows...there is no roboticism.

I am not protesting for the sake of protesting but it is very clear they were in fact reading from a prompt. That is what being a talking head is instead of being a talking human. Why not let the person act naturally? And yes I haven't seen a full show but a teaser gives a glimpse of what is coming. It's not like your going to reformat it to be totally different than the tease that was put out. Why tease in the first place?

I also said nothing about being quiet or what has happened for the past thousands of years.

Your right about your edit to add. No one is forcing anyone to do anything. No need to watch if you don't want.

With all of that said, I still give my blessings and best to ATS for it truly has helped me as it has so many others. I guess that's why I am so surprised to see a move of this nature.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Universal Light]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I tried to not reply any more.... I really did... but...

It would seem that most of the nay-sayers are missing the point. Springer put it very well... the purpose is to reach as many listeners as possible. No message is worth giving if it is not going to reach as far as possible.

I constantly see members complaining and bemoaning about not being able to make a difference. Every day, post after post about how terrible things are and how powerless we are to change them. Hour upon hour of concerns about how TPTB are in control of our lives and there is nothing that we can do about it.

Now, someone tries to get the message out. Your message. The real message. And you complain?

It does no good to preach about the evils of society to a devout group of the religious. It does no good to expound on the benefits of exercise to a gym full of athletes. It does no good to tell Republicans how evil Democrats are (or vice-versa). Those are all called "preaching to the choir" and are the ultimate in futility.

To project one's message one must reach out to those who are not already in the know. And to reach these people, often one must tailor their message to fit their audience. That is what this does: it presents our message in a way that will garner the attention of a wide group of people, not just conspiracists sitting in their basement wearing a tin-foil hat. We need to reach the guy walking down the street thinking about that hot date tonight, the girl wondering why her paycheck is so small and her bills are so high, the old man spending his free afternoon checking out the Internet... because by reaching them with the message, we can tell them what is real and what is false.

They will not seek out conspiracies because they do not yet know about them. We have to bring the conspiracies to them, where they are.

If you want to call that selling out, so be it. I'm a sell-out, then, because I understand the importance of getting the message out. Please, feel free to sit and complain about what's wrong and never make a difference. This 'sell-out' can remain true to his beliefs and moral center while reaching out to others.

In my time as a member of ATS, I have seen many changes. The majority of those I disagreed with, some vehemently. But this one I can stand behind wholeheartedly. Springer, SO, Ashley, and Asala have created something here that has awesome potential to knock the MSM right off the map. It is timely, informative, fast-paced, eye-catching, and 'hip'... and that last descriptor is made even more impressive by the fact that while being 'hip' it is also inclusive. Asala and Ashley are exceptional in their delivery, their expressionalism, and their timing.

Now, as to the 'hottie' and 'cutie' labels.... apparently they have no problem with it, so why should anyone else? After all, these are two young and beautiful women, with the screen presence needed to attract viewers. What is so terrible about using those natural gifts to further something they believe in? After all, this world runs on beauty (and take that from someone ugly enough to make a buzzard puke on a manure wagon at 200 paces)... How many cosmetics stores are there in your neighborhood? How many other stores have a cosmetics section? Cosmetics exist for one reason and one reason only: to make people look good!

Every actor, every performer, applies makeup before going before a camera or audience. They do this to make sure they look good. Movies are written around actors and actresses, chosen based in large part on how they look. Clothing is designed and sold to enhance one's beauty, not just to cover up. Even ordinary people spend sometimes hours getting ready to go out into the world every day. There is no difference between those actions and what you see here. Beauty sells, beauty attracts, beauty is the marketers best friend.

I see jealousy in many posts here, and I can sympathize... I would love to be attractive enough for a show like this! But I can accept the reality that my talents lie elsewhere.

Can you?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

And thier pictures on the sides of the website are airbrushed so much you can hardly recognize them.

Why does no one want to talk about the airbrushing???

And why will no one talk about this part of the issue?

You've seen the Amigo's avvys, right? It's more a stylistic thing.

I wouldn't say it is the same idea as those avatars. Those have a distinct style...and they don't attempt to make them look like flawless faces. The images on the sides here are very clearly airbrushed to remove any sort of blemish, smooth the skin and hair and sharpen the eyes make them bigger and well defined, make the white of the eyes bigger and whiter, and make the pubils deeper blue on one and lighter amber brown on the other.

So I don't think it is the same thing as the avatars or a syylistic thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

you took offense that their heads were talking (as opposed to not talking).
i want you to think about that, i mean SERIOUSLY think about that.

I cannot converse with you any longer. You have no idea what I have spoken of. Them talking is very clearly not my point.

I have priorly stated what I think of them as contributors to ATS and I have always enjoyed both of them as intelligent and respectful posters. Please stop putting words in my mouth.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by maybee

i'm not a dude! i've lost my ability to view this with humor because clearly some of the posts in this thread indicate just what the future has in store for women, if they get their way! NOT.GONNA.HAPPEN!

I apologize if I have offended you in any way. I just thought the Chippendale pic was funny and made a joke. I watched the "chicks" video and thought it was cool. I'm not sure what you're talking about "future has in store". Seriously, I was just making a joke. Obviously, not a good one.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Is someone going to respond to me in this thread or do I need to u2u a mod?

Why was Mr Mask's comment on page 22 removed as off topic, when it clearly wasn't?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

well look at it this way: they write their own viewpoints of other people's threads, which are many and varied, then report what they wrote. the prompt is just to make it easier. otherwise, they have to memorize it all. what you appear to be having problems with is that people, as a general rule, don't have total recall.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hmm...

I just rewatched the teaser and it seems to me that the "British Cutie" and "Texas Hottie" nicknames were removed, so I guess the complaints are being listened to and things are being tweaked.

Maybe I just missed them this time around, but I don't think so since I was keeping an eye out for them...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I'm actually curious about this one as well...

I read through it, and it seemed, while heated, not in violation.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join