It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by kinda kurious

The Poll is of 2009 and can be skewed easily using scripts. If you want to conduct a poll use some secure poll. That poll is worthless and can be manipulated.

Sorry, you must have missed
"2. Case in point, Unscientific poll/survey regarding "Chick."

I made no claims toward it's legitimacy, hence the word "Unscientific"

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The whole thing is just excellent except for the name ''ATS Conspiracy Chicks'', it's just way too cheesy and that's me being polite. Seriously, please consider a name change. This is a conspiracy website, not a frat house.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Universal Light

wait. so you're saying that the fact they chose 2 moderators, who are also female, who are also beautiful, who are also intelligent, who are also funny, to host the ats mix type program, is an attempt to do something improper? Wtfreak uni? WTFreak? Just what the flippin' freak is this! So they are women! What the sam hill is wrong with that?

Oh my gosh, it's a sin to be a woman! That's what this boils down to and it infuriates me to no end!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
We're just rehearsing for the Conspiracy Dudes Show now...

Here's the outfits.

How about Conspiracy Studs. Their slogan could be "Come check out our
Area 51" or "We put the O-O-O in UFO"

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

problem is, the ladies were only shown from the neck up. were fully dressed to our knowledge, were not wearing extravagant amounts of make up, you can't smell their perfume over the net, you can't hear the high heels clicking over the net (although you might be able to convince one of them to put those god forsaken foot traps on their delicate feet for the purpose of playing the "sinful" woman role) and they sure as heck were not advertising their bodies for money. They were talking about OUR POSTS! AS IN ATS!

EGADS PEOPLE!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

wait. so you're saying that the fact they chose 2 moderators, who are also female, who are also beautiful, who are also intelligent, who are also funny, to host the ats mix type program, is an attempt to do something improper? Wtfreak uni? WTFreak? Just what the flippin' freak is this! So they are women! What the sam hill is wrong with that?

Oh my gosh, it's a sin to be a woman! That's what this boils down to and it infuriates me to no end!

Ha! I can't stop laughing. What are you talking about? I mentioned nothing of them being women, I couldn't care less about their gender. Haha.....I can't stop laughing as I type this.

My point was that they are reading off a prompt.....like robots in the MSM. The exact reason why I found ATS was to get away from the MSM and get to the TRUTH. One deciphers truth on their own, it is not something spoon fed.

I have read the posts of both of the women and I respect what they say and their intelligence highly. No matter who the people are doing this, they have become talking heads.....something I never thought I would see at ATS.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Wow... did someone release the full episodes? Because it sounds from some of the reviews that people have seen the entire program and know precisely what ATS has in mind.

The only problem is the full episodes don't exist yet and haven't been recorded yet so I'm not really understanding how some people are absolutely willing to write this entire thing off based on a 2 minute "glimpse."

There's a difference between wanting a catchy title and wanting to offend people. No one sat together and said hey we've got this video project coming out, let's try to offend as many people as possible with it. If we want to do that we'll put out video of me and Crakeur doing kareoke interperetations of the news.

So basically what we have here is some of you don't like certain bits of the teaser. Why can't that be said without the anger, pre-judging and attacks? Both of the participants in the video have posted here stating that this is a work in progress that they're both working together on and that they're listening to feedback and yet some people continue to slam this as though we're trying to repeal suffrage?

Come on folks... this can be expressed better and can be given more of a chance.

I know there will always be some opposition for ANY project. Recall some of the more nasty comments about Dave and Johnny, then about Johnny doing the ATS News. People called those programs all sorts of names. I'm not expecting some sort of "loved by all" project, but I really think this has become 20+ pages of very mean spirited arguing for no reason.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
ATS happens to be a great platform. In large part because the owners have constantly strived to keep high standards for it, to keep it civil and inviting for quests and members alike, content oriented but just as importantly by looking for ways to always drive more traffic to the site.

Some of my posts on ATS get picked up by sites around the world. In large part because other similar and somewhat related site owners are always coming to ATS for content and ideas, because it is such a well run site, and content oriented.

I would have to run around dozens of sites, posting the same thing on each one, to mirror the exposure, that just posting on ATS provides.

Ultimately for lurkers, and skeptics, and people looking to be entertained, ATS is all about entertainment, but for a number of members it’s a place for us to share our ideas, and research, and provide ATS a large part of the content that makes it so popular, because ATS provides such an excellent and far reaching platform for it.

One of the unspoken promises of ATS is that it provides its member’s and content providers a far reaching platform for their theories, ideas and research.

This latest endeavor by ATS is only bound to enhance the stature of that platform. For members like myself who try their best to provide real content, that goes beyond just the latest alternative news story, video of a UFO, or content taken from another source and then critiqued on and commented here, this is a win, win situation.

The more traffic these kinds of things provide, the more appealing the marketing is, the wider and greater the audience becomes to them.

How does this help the member or lurker? Easy, the more ATS serves as a broad platform to get ideas across from a centralized location, the more people who are looking for a platform for their content, are going to happily post it here, to give you even more to be entertained by or comment on.

So it’s a win, win for everyone.

When Skeptic Overlord and the Amigos tell posters that ATS is a great platform for them, the fact that ATS’s ownership is looking at and to its own members like Asala and Ashley D, to give an even greater platform too, speaks volumes about their integrity and intent.

They could have easily hired a couple actresses from outside the site, but didn’t. They turned to two members who they felt would benefit from the enhanced and new platform, and that the site and all of us would too.
Even greater still is, the additional exposure for these two exceptional members could lead to even greater and better things. Which I for one, would love to see happen for them, they have provided content, and team work, and given of themselves, passionately and honestly, and that should always lead to good things.

Personally I find it very appealing, that one or both of them, might in the future be talking and sharing with others via a well presented and stylish video, some of the topics and content I try to provide for the site.

Everyone wins in endeavors like this, and I am wishing the Conspiracy Chicks, and ATS all the luck and success in the world with this. People should really consider how the cycle of popularity, equals increased and enhanced content, and increased and enhanced opportunities really work.

Clearly ATS is!

Thanks guys, and thanks Asala and Ashley D, and good luck and much success to you all.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
In essence, I feel as if some are saying any attention on the feminine is automatically negative, derogatory, and degrading by default. To me that is far more upsetting. As if, the only way to be taken seriously is to intentionally forsake femininity and the message is unintentionally being delivered that you absolutely cannot be intelligent and attractive at the same time if you are female.

Well Ashley, Asala & yourself have proven that wrong! Carry on Conspiracy Chicks

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by maybee

problem is, the ladies were only shown from the neck up. were fully dressed to our knowledge, were not wearing extravagant amounts of make up, you can't smell their perfume over the net, you can't hear the high heels clicking over the net (although you might be able to convince one of them to put those god forsaken foot traps on their delicate feet for the purpose of playing the "sinful" woman role) and they sure as heck were not advertising their bodies for money. They were talking about OUR POSTS! AS IN ATS!

EGADS PEOPLE!

And thier pictures on the sides of the website are airbrushed so much you can hardly recognize them.

Why does no one want to talk about the airbrushing???

I hate airbrushing...no one is or has to be perfect. I'm sure I have even seen threads on ATS about the evils of airbrushing photos in magazines...so WHY???

And why will no one talk about this part of the issue?

link   

reply to post by maybee

EGADS PEOPLE!

I'M JOKING DUDE. LIGHTEN UP.

link   
A few things before I ban myself from this thread.

1) I am sorry if anything I said directly offended either of the two hosts of the new "Conspiracy Chicks Show". That was not my goal and I would be upset to learn that was my effect.

2) I admit to being a bit perturbed with all of this. But it is not "my site" and I have no say in what goes and what does not.

3) I disagree very deeply with many things said by a few mods and the site-owners here. I can get over it, and I also assume they will consider everything that was said. I hope the mods and site-owners can also chalk this up as "something that can be gotten over".

4) I became less purturbed the second I saw that many MANY people here shared my opinion. For a minute I was afraid I'd be alone in thinking this and that I was surrounded by a firing squad. But no...many stood up to say the same thing.

And I love you sexy-hot-muffin-freaky-pants for all of that!

5) I'm sorry I have a loud opinion...but I am never sorry for what I stand for. If ATS can live with a loud mouthed Mr-Mask having strong views that waver for nobody...then I can get over this...I just need time to deal with it.

I think I need to take an ATS vacation.

Ok...anyways...Springer, Skeptic-Overlord and the rest of you behind that big cyber curtain. Thanks for even allowing me here and for giving us all a place to research conspiracy. I guess that is the MOST important thing here.

I do hope you consider what was said.

I will now go off and consider what you have all said.

See you some other time.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

would you prefer they talked with their hands (sign language?) or is it their faces that annoy you, just what the freak is your problem? don't dodge the issue. laugh till you're blue, but tell the truth.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal LightMy point was that they are reading off a prompt.....like robots in the MSM. The exact reason why I found ATS was to get away from the MSM and get to the TRUTH. One deciphers truth on their own, it is not something spoon fed.

So... because they read off of a prompt and it's what the MSM does as well, they are not telling the truth? Reporting what people on ATS talk about is different how from it being read to you on a video? It's no more spoon feeding than it would be to allow you to log in and read text yourself.

I have read the posts of both of the women and I respect what they say and their intelligence highly. No matter who the people are doing this, they have become talking heads.....something I never thought I would see at ATS.

You haven't even seen a full show, and you already are calling them talking heads? Sounds like you're beginning to protest simply for the act of protesting.

Maybe you're right, perhaps everyone should sit on their behinds and shut up, it's worked so well for the last few thousand years...

*ETA: And can I just say, you are not going to be losing the forums... it is not like all of ATS will be on video. Don't like it? Don't watch it.

[edit on 4/19/10 by niteboy82]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
If we want to do that we'll put out video of me and Crakeur doing kareoke interperetations of the news.

Oh, will you please!?!? That I would definitely watch

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

i'm not a dude! i've lost my ability to view this with humor because clearly some of the posts in this thread indicate just what the future has in store for women, if they get their way! NOT.GONNA.HAPPEN!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

And thier pictures on the sides of the website are airbrushed so much you can hardly recognize them.

Why does no one want to talk about the airbrushing???

And why will no one talk about this part of the issue?

You've seen the Amigo's avvys, right? It's more a stylistic thing.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

would you prefer they talked with their hands (sign language?) or is it their faces that annoy you, just what the freak is your problem? don't dodge the issue. laugh till you're blue, but tell the truth.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by undo]

My friend. I have no idea what you are speaking of. For the third time, they are not the issue. I have spoken my point. I do not know what I can answer for you.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I only just got a chance to look at this thread and I am highly amazed at how people are reacting.
I like the idea and I will watch. It's like The View for ATS lol they are all women is that bad?! They have The Man Show did anyone find offence to that on tv? No, so relax people and just enjoy the show and it's content....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Crakeur don't sing.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join