It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I think a 19 page thread about this show being sexist, insulting, or what have you is rather silly.

That's how I personally feel about it. I wouldn't put "the hottie" and "the cutie" but it's not my site, not my show, and it doesn't hurt my feelings. The name Conspiracy Chicks is catchy, and I like it. It sums up the show nice and quick.

Funny story though: I was on when we all found the video in SO's post last night, and my girlfriend, who doesn't come to this site, but feigns interest in it for me, say it and was like "So they are making conspiracies sexy now?"

I laughed and said "yea...it shouldn't be a problem with this group"

I was wrong...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

But "cutie and hottie" are direct terms to identify us with them as "sexual creatures to be desired".

If you disagree, then I challenge you to tell me one damn thing you have learned on this site about the treachery of MSM's clockwork tactics of brainwashing and tricking the public.

I would love for this to be answered by anyone saying that this new show is not attempting to use the "sex sells" tactic or attempting to glaze over the content of the show with the "eye candy" of the show.

And I would like something else answered that I believe kinda kurious asked earlier....WHY THE AIR BRUSHING OF THE PHOTOS ON THE SIDES OF THE PAGE????

Why why why??? If this isn't about trying to sell them as eye candy....WHY the air brushing? I hardly even recognize the two faces on the sides of the page as the same ones in the video.

Like so many have said before...I thought ATS was supposed to be different where we don't fall for these marketing tricks....right???

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
After reading this thread I am ever so grateful certain people don't run this business. We'd be depressed, broke and shouting through a megaphone in a week.

If you think this is about "sex" or, "using sex to sell", I'd suggest you don't know much about sex or selling. If this offends you PLEASE stay inside, the world we all live in will cause you to flip right out.

If you have no sense of humor and, utterly lack social skills, this show will infuriate you, DON'T WATCH IT.

We use "mainstream, stylistic" production values because they WORK. They attract people rather than repel them.

I know there is handful of members who think the worst thing possible is for us to attract the unwashed heathens and their inferior opinions... I would say that based on that thinking those very members would have been considered "unwashed heathens" before they found ATS.

To all those who "get it" and are willing to give it a shot, THANKS!

Springer...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
hahahahhahaha I love it! Doing exactly what main stream does to get ratings!
Doesn't matter what they say, put two hot chicks on the news...

Jesus, ATS is losing legit points every day

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I see a lot of gasbags making much ado about nothing. The only people complaining are the usual suspects that jump on everything that involves people who have a life, or subjects they can't wrap their mind around.

These ladies have earned the right to speak as the community of ATS has spoken for them with ratings and accolades, and for sticking to topics instead of derailing like the no-lifers.

For all of those I suggest ATS create a show called "The Conspiracy Battle-Axes" so they can be happy.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is the thing with having so many members. You will never please everyone. Then again why should you have to? Do what you think is right and don't listen to the naysayers.

This is getting out of hand and unnecessary. I think by talking about it so much you are turning these 2 women into the sex symbols, you so much wanted them not to be.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros

There are other terms that could be used in place of "chicks". What about "mavens" or "savants" or "adepts" or "critics" ??

Hmm.

"Conspiracy Divas"?

link   
I'm already half-way out the door Springer. You are ruining it. Better get your Megaphone all shiney.

link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Read this because it's getting boring now... the amount of people missing the point.

Originally posted by blupblup
Many people have made this point before but it's continuously ignored.

Nobody is saying anything negative about these women, apart from the few idiots and rude people at the start, people have nothing but praise and respect for them.

I don't even think the main annoyance or anger is in response to the title of Conspiracy Chicks, although the name is cheap and tacky.

The most alarming thing and perhaps the most offensive is the titles/nicknames that were added to these ladies.

The Texas Hottie and the British Cutie
How do either of those add anything of quality to the feature?

This video, apparently, is not aimed at members and is not even really for us, It's to reach out to a new demographic and get more people interested in Conspiracies.... So why the need to add that they're hot or cute?

I don't see what it adds or how it's relevant to what ATS is trying to achieve.

link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster

Originally posted by Pyros

There are other terms that could be used in place of "chicks". What about "mavens" or "savants" or "adepts" or "critics" ??

Hmm.

"Conspiracy Divas"?
Best yet.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
When I think of Conspiracy Chicks I think of something like this.

If Ashley and Asala don't have a problem with it, then it's settled.
But descriptors like "hottie" and "cutie" should be reserved for use by the viewers.
I know it's just a promo teaser but it just seems unprofessional of ATS to refer to them in this manner.
Why not just call them Ashley and Asala/Julie?

CNN doesn't describe Erica Hill (*is she still with CNN?) as "hottie" or "cutie" because it's extremely obvious and would be somewhat redundant, but the viewers refer to her as the *CNN babe.

Or that French newsanchor babe/chick/journalist whose face is being used in those Acai Berry ads, folks refer to her as simply, "WHOA!"

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Springer...

So when faced with posts that differ from your opinion, you'll play the, "well, you just don't get it," card...

oh man... ever think youre the ones not getting it?
Probably not. After all, when ATS went to hell, your pocket books got bigger. Am I wrong? judging by the advertisements on this site, business (for a website) isn't all that bad...

hmm. funny though how the bigger you guys have become, the harder it's been to find a good topic...

and yeah, you are using a formula that works... FEAR and SEX. you just admitted it works, so don't try and say it wasn't a factor in the decission making.

You have every right to defend your decision, but don't say WE don't "get it"

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Odessy]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Congrats to Ashley and Asala. While there are many members of the female variety here at ATS that have been here for quite some time, these two ladies are a good choice for something like this. The only member I can think of that would be a better choice would be Valhall.

Whatever happened to Val anyway?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, I'm a woman and I watched the video and I think they seem nice. Good luck to you both.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

I'm female.
Life has not been kind to me. I look like something that's been dragged thru the mud by a runaway locomotive. I'm missing parts that are kinda important, like short term memory, for example. So make a third spot, where i will occassionally show up, ruin the beautiful veneer of the two beauties with my ugly paunch, and put the concerns of the "pretty women are a distraction" crowd into the correct frame of reference. Either we ladies are not pretty enough or we're too pretty. Just make up your flippin' minds! In the meantime, for my handle I'll choose MAD MOMMA!
(and i'll look the part too)

link   
In spirit of fairness / clarity.

1. @ AshleyD To once again be clear, I meant no disrespect It WAS NOT my intent nor my suggestion to point any dispersions toward you. Mine was an argument of semantics/acceptability. I am somewhat taken back by the accusation.

2. Case in point, Unscientific poll/survey regarding "Chick."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d581cd32f27e.jpg[/atsimg]

Poll Here

3. Given hip, rebelious nature of:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f6de6c61943.jpg[/atsimg]

The term is perhaps more widely acceptable to some more than others.

Personally, I LOVE the Dixie Chicks. Their music that is.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yeah, and if I had worked on so many topics for so long with so many admirers and fans, I could just see my Texas Bubba fat-face with mustache really bring in the crowds. W00T!

People relax, don't give up before the first show. D@mm!t!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
These two girls are PHAT (pretty,hot and tempting) Way to go ATS.... I LOVE IT!!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

After reading this thread I am ever so grateful certain people don't run this business.

And I think the message I am seeing is that is the bottom line...it is about the business...not uncovering truth or looking at conspiracies...but how can you attract more people to make more money.

I don't blame you...but with a website like this...shouldn't you just be honest about the goal???

If you think this is about "sex" or, "using sex to sell", I'd suggest you don't know much about sex or selling. If this offends you PLEASE stay inside, the world we all live in will cause you to flip right out.

Then what is it about? Why have the words "chicks", "hottie" and "cutie" in it? Why...if that isn't what this is about?

If you have no sense of humor and, utterly lack social skills, this show will infuriate you, DON'T WATCH IT.

So is this show a joke? A spoof? Because a lot of what I see on ATS doesn't require a sense of humor. Recent posts of people wanting to put bounties on any Mexican crossing the boarder, wanting to start a violent revolution in the USA, or a nuclear attack on a US city isn't something I think requires a sense of humor. Unless of course this show is just to make fun of all the crazy conspiracies....or maybe at least make it appear that way to the general public to get them to come visit the website?

We use "mainstream, stylistic" production values because they WORK. They attract people rather than repel them.

So it is the main goal to just get more traffic to the website...make more money...run the business???

And to all of us ignorant ones that "don't get it"....what??? We just don't know any better....you guys are right and we are wrong?

What a nice way to end it...you either agree with TPTB at ATS...or you are wrong....does anyone see the irony in that???

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Springer.....

The girls are great!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join