It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I must be the only one who thinks this is a dumb idea and a little on the corny side.But judging by the reactions from the demographic it'll be a hit.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Seems cheezy to me.

But we'll see what they have to say.

I personally believe this was just an excuse for the owners to use revenue dollars to meet pretty girls...

Please don't ban me.

ETA: And write it off as a tax expense.

[edit on 19/4/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
I must be the only one who thinks this is a dumb idea and a little on the corny side.But judging by the reactions from the demographic it'll be a hit.

Corny? hmmm maybe a tiny bit haha.

But how is it dumb?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
CONGRATS Asala !! (hope your wearing your comfy shoes)

Way to GO Ashley !! (Still wearing the av you did for me, Thanks !)

the teaser looks great !

poo poo on all you corny naysayers....ppppht

[edit on 19-4-2010 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Ashley and Asala have been around for a good while. They are both VERY intelligent and respected members and moderators.

I am glad they got this opportunity.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Doesn't negate what I said.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What about Dave and Johnny? Do they still do the ATS Mix? Looks like they've been superseded!!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Lol, I thought I was going to see some pretty girls alas sigh...

I thought Johnny was good enough now I guess I'll have to just read.
Vance

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Well, I am not sure that the owners knew they were pretty girls when they signed up for ATS. Although there is the long running conspiracy why so many very attractive women are members here.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Because all the information is already on here all they are going to do is wrap it up in a pretty package and add their 2cents.I just don't see the point apart from a marketing slant

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Seein's how we're neighbors and all , the Texas Hottie makes me want to take a short drive down across the Red River and ...umm ...you know ... get together and talk about ... umm...conspiracy type stuff .

Looking forward to it ladies .

ok(ie)bmd

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Because all the information is already on here all they are going to do is wrap it up in a pretty package and add their 2cents.I just don't see the point apart from a marketing slant

The point is for entertainment fun, and making things more interesting I guess.

There is plenty of information already out there on many subjects written in text, but you still watch tv shows about it right?
Yes you can read all about world war 2 or our natural world but a tv show about these subjects can be a refreshing change right?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Congrats to two wonderful, and intelligent ladies...I will be watching!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Ok...fine, I'll be the first to say it (and probably the only male to say it here)-

I do not approve of the use of "sexual" terms, such as "cutie" or "hottie" to describe these two staff members. Not a big fan of calling them "chicks" either.

Looks a bit like "ATS" is taking a tactic from the "more polished" media in using "females" to garner attention and positive feedback.

On to the good points-

Both staff members are passionate about the subjects and that should transfer to the making of a great show (if the makers and actresses involved slow down on the 'sex-sells' type of promoting).

The short video looked well made and professional. Good job there.

The graphics used throughout the video were AMAZING! Really top-shelf material.

BUT I CAN NOT SAY THIS ENOUGH-

I am not a stupid knuckle dragger who accepts products or ideas better (or more quickly) when you try to pander to my sexual organs. I do not enjoy seeing anyone flashing images at me thinking "I will be attracted to them" for "sexual" reasons.

I am sure many people disagree and I already have read a few replies that seem "blissful" that they will have some "eye candy".

I will not be watching this show for eye candy...I find such a thing to be an insult. NOT TO WOMEN, but to "me" as a "male".

I will be watching it for the information alone.

But, if the show continues down the path of "badly attempting" to arouse my sexuality with the use of words like "hottie, cute, sexy, gorgeous, etc" then I will surly turn the show off.

And count this as a slap in the face from a site I love.

So... forgive me here, but I will not be joining the men who are hooting and hollering about how "awesome two hot chicks will be to watch".

In fact, I am disgusted that anyone would feel that way. And I am also a tad disappointed that ATS would use this "overly abused Mainstream tactic".

I want to end this by saying to the staff and "The Conspiracy Chicks".

The show will rule if you do not make the mistakes that the short clip made. No one with a "mature curiosity of conspiracy" comes here for "cuties and hotties". They come here for INFORMATION.

Every time the TV tries to sell me an erection I am insulted.

Please try not to do this with this new show.

The short video failed in my eyes. But only for these reasons. I hope you are more careful with your product in the future.

PS- This is not trolling. It is a member who was seriously insulted by distasteful tactics I didn't expect to be used against me here.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
"Shes SOO Fine"
-Kid Rock in Joe Dirt

They were talking alot but I caught myself just staring.
This looks to be good.

Congrats CHICS. Keep Me Informed.

Edit- to change ladies to chics.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Word up!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Please don't ban me.

BAN HIM!!! BAN HIM!!!

3rd yah for ban him.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Dave and Johnny are looking pretty good these days!

More seriously, I like the idea of a new video cast, the whole thing about "chicks, babes, cuties" etc is a little cheesy, but I will not seriously judge until I've seen the actual show.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Umm , yea , right , what was I thinkin' ?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think this can only help assuage Sunsteins suppositions...etal.

As cliche as it may be, "The Conspiracy Chicks" can provide a much needed "social proof" to our genre.

You Gals Rock!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join