Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

"Don't hate me couse I'm beautiful!" Can't believe so many people are dissing the show because youre both attractive lol.. you gotta smile at it.. If you and Julie have no qualms about being called "hot" "chicks" or what ever else.. then everyone should just shut their traps about it. All the hate seems at such a personal level, and not regarding the show or it's contents.

PS: Would you prefer to be called "The aesthetically pleasing woman indigenous to Texas" ??

[edit on 4/19/2010 by Rockpuck]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
Real men do not call women hotties, honey-cakes, sugar bottoms, hubba-mama, etc etc.

Not true as that is your personal opinion. Culture everywhere is not same..calling someone cute or hottie or honey cakes etc etc is not an insult.

Really...I am far from being a typical 16 year old kid looking for ways to get aroused. And I am surly not dumb for noticing the blatant attempt to "turn men on" with this new show.

I think you are really overreacting, if you think you can be turned on or off (not voluntarily) by viewing other person then the problem lies with yourself and not the other person.

Why? Because we do not have a "hottie or cutie" speaking for us?

That shows inequality, it shows your belief that attractive women cannot be good conspiracy theorist or cannot discuss serious subjects which I certainly beg to differ.

Correct me if I am wrong...
Did the two ladies come up with the "cutie/hottie" titles? The answer is a double edged sword. If the answer is "yes" they demanded these titles...then that is just gross. What inteligent woman demands to be called cute or hot? Not a single one. If the answer is "no"...and I am guessing it is...then someone threw those titles in there without "thinking clearly".

Why is it gross? Because it does not matches your belief or background? I think your that statement reflects a person who do not believe in equality and who is bound to look down upon women who do not adhere to conservative belief. Can we say Hallelujah!!

How do you know intelligent women do not want to get called hot or cute? Seriously, what are you living in 1929? That is a extremely silly statement. Females also take it as a compliment and matured intelligent females.

Yeah...look...if I was not part of this site, and then learned that the staff was planning to "hook me with sexuality"...I'd be pissed.

And before you say "this isn't an office", consider for a minute that it actually "is a place of work, study and research" for many of your "more mature" members.

If you are so easy to hook then I feel sorry for your wife/ gf and that is your problem and insecurity. May I suggest something called Blinders

I also find insult in people trying to tell me who is, and who is not, attractive.

This thing I do agree with you. Calling people fat slobs is not the way to go.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
'Chick' was originally designed to be a play off of 'chic' in order to contrast the depressing, straight-laced nature of most conspiracy news shows with a more feminine and upbeat theme.

I personally just don't see an issue in it. I don't get easily put off with something feminine or even something that brings attention to a feminine angle. I think we've been programmed to think anything that brings attention to the feminine or even the masculine as being wrong or even degrading.

I think THAT actually does more of a disservice because it makes us feel ashamed to identify with femininity or to feel as if we have to be some sort of gender neutral entity to be taken seriously or accepted.

I don't know. I guess judging by my frequent use of pink avatars that I am very strongly, loudly, and proudly feminine and don't fall into the trap that I HAVE to undergo gender neutrality to be respected.

Perhaps it's a form of anti-feminism, if you will.
Women in the spotlight often take on a sexually ambiguous persona so I'm kind of glad to be able to be myself instead of being some overly PC serious 'must act androgynous' type.

That's just the way I see it, at least. It's another's right to disagree. I just try not to fall into the trap where we have to be eggshell walking neutrals but instead can be what we are. I kind of feel like it says 'The women have something to say and we like conspiracies, too!' Not 'Well, I better hide my sexuality if I'm going to do this.' I like the one of 'We're here and we're female.'

My perspective at least.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Sorry i have to agree with Mr Mask on this,i was going to write why but i know that we will end up going round in circles and i can clearly see others have the same opinion,and i would like to know what the females in question think of being called hotties,cuties?sorry if some find me offensive im just being honest which is what this site is all about

thankyou for you time

regards

i see your above post and may i ask did you describe yourself as hottie or cutie for the video or did someone else?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by FeatheredSerpent]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I"m actually amazed that some of the membership here can find a excuse to bash the website YET again.

Now were calling them sexist pigs are we? Were calling the women who are featured on the show, sexist and non-intelligent because they chose to use a word, which is JUST a word to describe themselves.

Let your preconceived notions of language and personal matters out of this topic. This is something for ALL of us, a new thing for ATS which will showcase a different side of the website.

There's no attempt to "turn men on" with this new feature. There's no attempt to demonize or make these women seem less than intelligent because of the words attached to the segment.

You are all a DISGRACE to ATS for even bringing these issues up and playing them off like they are anything else but YOUR insecurities and personal issues that YOU need to deal with.

Really folks, is it necessary?

Do you feel better knowing that you have once again pooped where you eat?

I wonder why Mark and Bill even bother sometimes, only to deal with this nonsense.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

this is actually just a copycat version of the current MSM.

Oh hardly, now you know OutKast Searcher, I generally agree with you on many points, but this one I don't.

AshleyD and Asala certainly aren't just the bobble headed bleach blonds that you see on Fox News. I mean C'mon! On these two's worst days they would mop the floor with any Fox News bimbo. Ann Coulter wouldn't stand a chance in a debate with AshleyD.

The fact that both AshleyD and Asala happen to be attractive is merely a happy coincidence. These two women have a lot upstairs. Believe me, I debated AshleyD once, it was the most difficult debate I have ever had on ATS.

To compare AshleyD or Asala to the idiots on Fox News is frankly insulting. These two members have time and again earned the respect due to them.

I personally don't like the term "Conspiracy Chicks" either, I personally find that far below what both of these fine members have earned.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
How did such a nice simple idea turn into such a Spanish soap opera?

Does sex sell? Yes. Is ATS using it in this way? No. Can there have been better words to describe the 2 woman in question? Yes.

I think the guys up above made a few errors in the words they chose. I doubt they did this intentional. So as a concerned poster, can we please put the matter to rest? No good will come of all this bickering.

Mr. Mask and Jinx, everyone has been made aware of your views on this issue and hopefully they will not be disregarded. But for the time being can we just take a step off the words chosen to describe this show and just talk about the show itself?

I for one would like to get this thread back on track and offer Asala and Ashley my congrats, and wishing them luck in this new adventure.

I would also like to see some special guests once in awhile. Maybe top flagged thread writer of the week can get a guest spot, to talk about his thread?

That would be a nice way to get the community involved and let everyone show there faces. Make this more about community and less about Anonymous.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I have not called any female chick ever but I find it silly that people are suggesting intelligent females dont use or like the term. I have called lot of women other terms like hottie etc etc for eg. "you are looking hot today".."you look hot in that dress" etc and that's a compliment. People saying it's sexist is not true, sure the intention behind comment counts but people are smart enough to know when a term is used inappropriately. Also I am against censorship/ filters of all kind it goes against limiting a term to a stereotypical box.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I personally don't have a problem with the term Conspiracy Chicks. It is to be expected. What else is there? Babes is just as expected.
My problem with the teaser is the quality. I can't stress that enough.
And the cutie and hottie thing speaks for itself. It isn't necessary.
I have no fear of the girls abilities, and I do have faith they could pull it off, but they need some quality production behind them also.
You want to make conspiracy theory fun? I don't really see the point in that. I came here and stayed here because it was taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I like it! I'm very happy to see a fellow Texas featured as well. Awesome.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by geek101
i don't see dude as sexist...it's like calling a woman..."girlfriend"....would i be offended if two male presenters were presenting a show and were being described as "stud" and "hottie"....hell yes....cos ATS is supposed to be better than that.

no calling a man boyfriend is like calling a woman girlfriend.
but sure... maybe to you it is like dude.

that's why I said eye of the beholder

Also chics is not the same as stud or hottie, maybe on your block it is but not mine.

I believe this is a case of regional colloquialism.
Colloquialism can sometimes be very territorial.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This idea is just cheap titillation as far as i can see.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

I think the problem I have with Conspiracy Chicks is the fact that both of these people have earned more respect from me than to be called chicks. They have moved beyond that plane of physical attractiveness to a level of respect that one reserves for a true friend, someone you respect, someone you trust, someone you can admire. To me, both of them have earned that distinction, not only through the intelligence they have shown in their postings, but also through the shear amount of [snip] that I have given them both and still they accept me.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWatcher11
This idea is just cheap titillation as far as i can see.

Seriously?

I don't see it, in the video they look lovely and dignified, how is that titillating?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I was talking about the format WUK...not the individuals.

And I think that is where this whole disagreement on here is being taken out of context.

Besides one really bashing the speaking of one of the chicks...everyone else is disagreeing with the format and concept...not the individuals.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
reply to post by whaaa

O your cool. Take my post that had nothing to do with all this drama, and turn it into something childish and mediocre. I'm sure you must be very proud of that talent

link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I wonder why Mark and Bill even bother sometimes, only to deal with this nonsense.

~Keeper

you not looked at what this site is about?they love controversial topics the same as the rest of us.peoples views are the bread and butter of this site,forgive me if im wrong?

regards

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea. Ashley is lovely.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join