It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I say just sit tight and see where this goes. All constructive feedback is taken into consideration and the show will evolve as it goes along. Right now all we see is a short teaser. The content and substance of the information on ATS will be along shortly when the first show is aired.

I think right now we're venturing into territory that hasn't been explored which is always a jar to our system. We're so used to seeing the Cronkites, Walters, and Blitzers and associating that with news that we don't expect a new angle. Furthermore, and as has already been pointed out, conspiracy shows are notoriously 'dark and doomsdayish' and male-dominated so I'm looking forward to being a part of something that can bring us the information without being depressingly standard and expected.

Again, all feedback is read and the show will evolve as we see what works and chunk what doesn't.

In the end, let's see what the first show has in store. We'll also be working on fine tuning things and taking things into consideration as we chug along, progress, run with the concepts that work, and chunk those that don't.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Well as a woman of ATS and a woman staffer and a fellow conspiracy chic - im glad to have them represent me and ATS.

I know them on a ATS level and a personal level and there is nothing negative that can be justly said about them.

Applause to them!

I think you are a great mod, and wonderful artist.

So please...understand, nobody is saying these girls DO NOT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES.

We ALL are proud of them (well most of us) for having the courage and drive needed to make this show.

Tell me HONESTLY, as a women, are you as proud and happy with titles such as "cutie and hottie" attached to them?

I only ask, because everyone seems to be playing this silly game of "not getting what the complaint shared by dozens of people here" really is.

We are not saying the "Conspiracy Chicks" are ill equipped for the job.

We are stating that it is insulting to promote them as "sex symbols" and as "bait for new viewers".

I am not a stupid fish...breasts on hooks do not make me bite. In fact, it bothers me greatly.

Not the girls...but the marketing behind calling these girls "cuties and hotties"

I really didn't want to post here again since we are going in circles...but it seems a few people are mistaking the "complaints here" for personal attacks on A&A's abilities.

That is not the point of the negativity.

And the negativity is not baseless.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Ashley, this point has been made many times over...no-one is complaining about you and Asala doing the show....it's a great idea. You two are more than qualified. What we disagree with is the sexist terms used. It wasn't needed....and people are right....that's what you're going to be known as...hottie and cutie....which is sad.

The worse thing about all this, is even if the name gets changed....i will now always know that when S.O and the rest thought of putting you two up there, that's the first thing they thought of to describe you. Not your intelligence, not the time you put into ATS...but that you are a "hottie" and a "cutie"

link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
reply to post by jinx880101

If you cannot tell the difference between the casual use of chicks and using the word "chicks" in a patronizing way while demeaning the persons in the same line, then there is absolutely zero point in explaining it. That's not a double standard, that's a basic of comprehension skills.

---

My congratulations to both of our wonderful Conspiracy Chicks! Can't wait to see you all on the screen more and to see a large opportunity for the members to get their voice out to the world!

Seriously???? That is like me saying I can use the N-word in a casual way and mean no offense by it.

People are suspending logic in an attempt to defend something...and it is hilarious.

link   

Originally posted by geek101
We don't! We just don't understand why sexist terms had to be used for them when their intelligence and dedication to ATS should have been enough.

Answer the question
Would you be against "conspiracy dudes"

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by geek101
We don't! We just don't understand why sexist terms had to be used for them when their intelligence and dedication to ATS should have been enough.

Answer the question
Would you be against "conspiracy dudes"

i don't see dude as sexist...it's like calling a woman..."girlfriend"....would i be offended if two male presenters were presenting a show and were being described as "stud" and "hottie"....hell yes....cos ATS is supposed to be better than that.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To those who would bash the 'naysayers': Everyone was invited here by the establishment to voice their opinions. Your insistence on a one-sided love-in runs contrary to any real world discussion that takes place anywhere on this forum. So why the outrage?

What an upside down world we live in. I feel like those that have stood up to this marketing tactic have actually defended the honor of these ladies. I will appreciate them just as much regardless of their looks. If I'm still here on this board in 20 yrs when they've lost their youthful good looks, I'll still appreciate them just as much as I do today and I don't have to see them to do that.

On the other hand, for those guys who are hard up or whatever, I say enjoy the show since these ladies seem to be OK with what their doing.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Who cares about the terms. Really. I am a strong woman and I am not insulted by the terms. I use chic all the time.

Watch it. Read their stuff here. Their intelligence and contribution to ATS far outweighs any terms being used.

Just my .02 from a woman's perspective.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Seriously???? That is like me saying I can use the N-word in a casual way and mean no offense by it.

Chicks... The N-word... those are so wholly on different planes of existence. This is absolutely ludicrous that these charges are even being made, I wish there was a bit more anger towards real issues in the world, instead of the latest installment of a bash fest on ATS. Oh, and for the record, when you say that someone looks to be of low intelligence, and a simple sex object that is bashing, like it or not.

People are suspending logic in an attempt to defend something...and it is hilarious.

Oh look, we can agree on something. Well, anytime you want to take it off of suspension, feel free.

link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I think right now we're venturing into territory that hasn't been explored which is always a jar to our system. We're so used to seeing the Cronkites, Walters, and Blitzers and associating that with news that we don't expect a new angle. Furthermore, and as has already been pointed out, conspiracy shows are notoriously 'dark and doomsdayish' and male-dominated so I'm looking forward to being a part of something that can bring us the information without being depressingly standard and expected.

Come on...you don't believe that. Have you turned on Fox News lately??? They have a line up of almost identical blonde chicks and they get bashed here on ATS for doing so. This is nothing new at all...this is actually just a copycat version of the current MSM.

At least Fox News has the respect for them to not openly label them as chicks and nickname them the hottie.

If this was going to be a paradoy of the ridiculousness of what Fox News (and others) do with their female anchors...then this would be great. But this isn't the goal...the goal is to use you as a sex symbol to attract new people.

link   
Congrats to the Conspiracy Chicks!!!

I look forward to what y'all have to say, especially since one is from S. Texas like me. That is cool.

Sincerely,

The Conspiracy Rooster

link   
I'm super excited to have this coming to ATS.

IMO the female voices here need more of an outlet to express themselves and this is a great way to do so.

Great idea ATS and Staff, I look forward to the first show.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Hey Ashley.

I think that is why people are getting upset- It's not a new angle- It's been done over and over by the mainstream media- and pretty much goes against everything ATS stands/stood for...

This show can be the two of you portrayed in a respectable manner without being doomy-and gloomy..as you stated- and I think that's a no-brainer.

Furthermore- do you not think due to the fact that your identity is no longer private/hidden, that you would be targeted somehow? I mean, if you are going to be discussing serious conspiracies, it goes without saying. My boyfriend brought that up, so I thought I'd throw it in here...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Who cares about the terms. Really. I am a strong woman and I am not insulted by the terms. I use chic all the time.

Watch it. Read their stuff here. Their intelligence and contribution to ATS far outweighs any terms being used.

Just my .02 from a woman's perspective.

but thats the point....why use those terms to start with....it makes no sense. I also consider myself a strong woman but i fail to see what that has to do with it. And as Mr Mask pointed out several posts ago.,...there are two options:

one, that Asala and Ashley chose those monikers themselves....which they didn't.

two...that that's what S.O decided to refer to them as.

which is sad.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A friendly (sort of) reminder:

from the Terms And Conditions Of Use

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Please be mindful of the fact that Ashley and Asala are members of ATS first and foremost. When posts are made which are both personal and hurtful, then they are personal attacks and will not be tolerated.

Before you post, pretend that they are facing you in real life. If you expect a fist in the face for your comment, you perhaps shouldn't say it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3796713e8125.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19/4/10 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well I don't think the terms used are sexist, I for one would love to be called a cute hottie, I ain't heard that for thirty years,

Cute hot sexy, back in my day we were called foxes,
, why can't a lady be hot and sexy and intelligent,

Good grief.

[edit on 123030p://bMonday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Now were talkin...

I love ATS when the pot really begins to boil.

reminds me of the good ole days of the flags, points and stars controversy

[edit on 19-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Oh, and for the record, when you say that someone looks to be of low intelligence, and a simple sex object that is bashing, like it or not.

Then maybe you should take that up with your boss...because he is the one portraying them as the hottie and cutie chicks instead of promoting their intelligence and wit.

You are trying to say I'm using the word "chicks" in the wrong way and that SO is using it in the right way....and that is funny.

I'm sorry if these two chicks take offense at me calling them chicks...but maybe they shouldn't of accepted the label so freely.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

O M G ..................there is no comparison,

This reminds of of the arguments over the awards SO wanted to give us people complained until he changed his mind.

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join