It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Good luck, Conspiracy Chicks. The show has great potential and you both have some good stuff going on and good presence. Just be yourselves as much as possible, do your homework and I'm sure you have lots of appeal to all age groups a walks of the earth.

edited to aded - "chicks" = two short months for women in their fifties...just teasing you.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ChrisCrikey]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I like it! It's refreshing and hardly "using sex to sell" as some have alluded to. Their attire and appearance are both professional and strikingly attractive at the same time.

I definitely don't see how the terms "cutie" and "hottie" have apparently offended some here. They just tie in with the whole Conspiracy Chicks theme, if you will, which I personally think will tend to attract more women than men. "Wait?!" What's that?! Girls talking about Conspiracies?" -like.

I mean it's not as if they're all decked out in red light district attire and painted to match. Geez Louise. If that were the case I guess I could understand some of the bitches and moans being made known here. But it's Not, which, to me, pretty much negates those claiming the whole "sex sells" B.S.

They certainly do a better job of it than me and my twin sister could, that's for damn sure.

Good work Ladies.
Can't wait to see the first episode.

* if either of you need any help with studio makeup and whatnot, lemme know.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thanks for voicing what most members have been afraid to say- I wont mention names, but have received a couple of u2u's regarding this topic...and I'm surprised they haven't spoken up...

As a female- I am taken back by your reply and I must say- you gained much respect in my eyes for it.

I believe this does pose as a threat to the overall validity of information presented by members who are affiliated with this site. And I'm not looking forward to the crowd this will attract in future- I suppose we can expect a ton more trolling and unintelligent replies, as well as more frequent banning of members than ever.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

reply to post by Annie Mossity

I second that and I'm sure they'll do a great and professional job with this project and I for one am certainly looking forward to seeing it when it's up and running.

So I say good luck with it and I’m sure it’ll be great!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity
I mean it's not as if they're all decked out in red light district attire and painted to match. Geez Louise. If that were the case I guess I could understand some of the bitches and moans being made known here. But it's Not, which, to me, pretty much negates those claiming the whole "sex sells" B.S.

Well, there are members from all over the world here at ATS. And I just want to repeat that in my part of the world (Scandinavia) it IS actually considered a bit insulting and sexist to present girls/women as "hotties" or "cuties" like it was done in the video.

Just something to bear in mind since ATS doesn't only have American members.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
First, Mr Mask...i take my hat off to you for making such an eloquent post.

Secondly, i don't like this. And Skeptic Overlords reply to the dissenters?...i liked that even less.

What i can't understand is why those who like this thing keep insisting that we are claiming that women can't do the job.

As Mr Mask and others have pointed out on various occasions, we are not claiming anything of the sort. We are saying let's accept Asala and Ashley on the basis of their intelligence and dedication to ATS.....it's you guys who are reducing them to names like "hottie" and "cutie"

I'm proud to be a member of this site....well, i was...until today. This site has always (for me) stood for the complete opposite of everything that is wrong with the MSM.....until today.

The owners are always saying that it's us members that make ATS what it is...and that's true....so when you implement something like this and then get all pissy when some of us disagree.....that shows disrespect to us. And i don't like that.

No-one is saying that women can't do this job. Some of us are just wishing you'd gone about in a better way.

And for you women who are acting like it's some kind of empowerment.....being complicit in your own oppression comes to mind.

ATS is a fantastic site and like i said, one, until today, that i would have been proud to be a member of. I was so excited to see the redesign but today has just brought a sour taste to my mouth.

I teach my sons to respect women and i also encourage them to be interested in serious alternative topics.

Way to go ATS

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I am also getting a lot of U2Us about this subject supporting the views we both seem to share on this. Alls I can say to anyone afraid of posting about this is-

Don't be afraid to voice your opinion on this. The moderators are very friendly and fair. I have disagreed with them in the past and as long as it is all legitimate and discussed in a civil manner, the mods/owners/staff will not hold it against you.

If you feel strongly against this, please say so here.

PLEASE speak up if you have a problem with this, or if this sort of thing makes you uncomfortable. ATS needs to hear from both sides on this issue.

ALSO-

In case it gets buried behind my point...I'd like to stress that both these ladies have a wonderful history with ATS and have nothing holding them back from delivering a great show.

I simply think that the marketing is insulting (to men AND women) and that it degrades the quality and seriousness of the site.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Life happens.

We put forth a very significant (and costly) effort to turn ATS MIX into a syndicated radio show. Our success was very nearly realized as the show was represented to affiliate stations by the head of a major terrestrial radio network. But, radio began seeing cutbacks and not enough stations were willing to gamble on a new show. Those involved soldiered on, but eventually one needs to focus on feeding the family, and available time becomes limited or non-existent. Yes. It sucks.

I always wondered what had happened there. No secret that I was one thousand and ten percent behind such a venture. The dividends from such an exposure would have been unimaginable (and not just financial). And while the front door may seem firmly slammed, there is no reason for things to be over and done with.

The current ATS Live Radio webcast can put forward very tangible numbers that money minders want to see in order to reopen those doors down the road. As well as Conspiracy Chicks and any other future ATS Multimedia projects and endeavors. Numbers are always the key in this world. Finished product brings them in, but it is the numbers that make decisions. Think of all the unsigned musicians that play in bars their whole career. Some are among the best of the best. But it takes numbers to sign those contracts.

Self production values will not beat the Hannity's or Olbermann's of the industry. Two completely different playing fields. But audience numbers can be comparative, especially in the instance of lower promotion and less participatory format, such as webcasting and in house production.

Self-production doesn't ever have to be a consignment to playing nothing but two-bit juke joints like so many bands do. It just means doing what we can until we can raise the indignant bird and receive a better standing than we originally would have had.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As a practical joke, A & A should do their first show in Nun's outfits. YOU KNOW some are going to be looking for anything at all...

The material is what matters to me. If it is good, I may watch. I haven't been here long enough to know the two ladies, but I will give them a chance.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I must admit Mr Mask and jinx have put together very well reasoned and articulated arguements highlighting what could be construed as the negative side of this development.

But ffs people, let's cut these highly intelligent and respected members a bit of slack and reserve judgement until we have seen at least a couple of their efforts.

I for one am looking forward to their efforts and am certain that they won't be 'look at my tits and ignore the content' presentations.
Both of them have far too much integrity to allow that to happen.

Yes, ATS is changing, and much of it for the worse in my book, but it has to continue developing if it is not to stagnate and if it is to get the message across to more and more people.

And I am also certain that they may have taken on board some of the comments that have been made here.
It may be too late to alter the content and style of the first effort but as it progresses and they become more comfortable and accustomed to their roles then it will become a valuable part of the ATS experience.

Let's give them some time and not be too pre-judgemental, surely we are better than that?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Life happens.

Unfortunately you are correct.

I personally believed you were there with the ATSMix family of shows. They were of superb quality, wonderfully produced. Truly professional pieces of media. It is unfortunate that it did not go forward. ATSMix, BTSMix, and PTSMix, were superb pieces of programing. I do appreciate the work that went into them, I appreciate the artists that worked on them. I do miss them, they were wonderful.

No one forced the name on them. Everything you see in the promotional teaser, as well as everything you are about to see is a collaborative effort where nothing will ever go out that isn't 100% approved by both Ashley and Julie.

I am sure of that. I know your guys' MO, and I am sure that they are fine with it. It's a personal opinion only and that is why I brought it up as a lesser note. I hope to be able to consider both Ashley and Julie as friends, and as their friend, I do have a biased opinion of them both personally. (I am sure you have the same high opinion of them as well) I would never assume myself to call them "chicks" as the respect that they have earned from me personally supersedes such a connotation.

Personally I hope this new endeavor is exceedingly successful for you and this site. You certainly have the quality talent and production values needed to make such an undertaking a very excellent experience.

Please, don't get me wrong, I wish ATS success in all of it's ventures. Overall I do love this site, I enjoy my time here, I still feel that this is the best site on the internet.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
After reading the many postings I couldn't help but think that the only comment I didn't see among the many postings was a posting claiming that the reason we have two new ladies at ATS is because of "HAARP technology. Just thought I would go ahead and break that "HAARP" egg for everyone's delight.

I am going to check if HAARP was active when ATS decided to introduce two new ladies to ATS membership because something tells me that HAARP might have been cranked up to the max to ensure the mind control necessary to prepare the minds of ATS members for two new ladies in the mix.

This is a conspiracy indeed, and I just know that HAARP was involved to prepare the minds of ATS members for the future of ATS. Just kidding, don't go all terrorist on me. HAARP made me do it.

Thanks again and welcome aboard ladies.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well THAT'S an improvement over Johnny! .. I have to watch now, and I never watched before.. because well, most people know, I'm in love with Asala.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
If you feel strongly against this, please say so here.

It's one thing to state dissatisfaction (which we accept and review), it's another to be insulting and rude. Far too many expressing a dissenting opinion of this effort have stepped well over the line of decorum.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

But ffs people, let's cut these highly intelligent and respected members a bit of slack and reserve judgement until we have seen at least a couple of their efforts.

for the last time...no-one is saying that they can't do the job. We just don't like them being reduced to names like hottie and cutie.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

apart from that guy making nasty comments about Asala, i haven't seen any of the dissenters being rude or crossing the line.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Okay, for all those complaining about the usage of "Chicks", "Cutie", "Hottie",

Come ON.

Everyone loves beautiful women, everyone has loved beautiful women since the dawn of time. Men love beautiful women - and women love beautiful women, too!

Now combine that beauty with brains and talent, and you have the total package indeed. I'd give my left.... arm, to be able to meet ladies like that IRL.

Seriously, what's the problem?

In fact, why not go the next logical step, and take a page out of the "Naked News" playbook?

(KIDDING!! KIDDING!!!)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Drama, drama, drama.

What happened to ATS just being people flaming each other for believe/denying the official story. The golden days

On a more relevant note, this seems like a cool idea. It seems like a new way to attract some more people as well as keep the oldies entertained. A way to catch up on ATS with out all that reading.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by geek101

Anyone who has been on the site long enough already knew Asala and Ashley were very attractive.. but it doesn't take away from their posting habits, which reveals two very intelligent minds. If people can't get over the fact that the promo piece highlights two very obvious facts, and see the actual work they are doing, those people are the ones with problems. Most of the reasoning behind not liking this piece appear, to me anyways, to be very closed minded.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
Okay, for all those complaining about the usage of "Chicks", "Cutie", "Hottie",

Come ON.

Everyone loves beautiful women, everyone has loved beautiful women since the dawn of time. Men love beautiful women - and women love beautiful women, too!

No one is denying that, what is being called into question is the use of those terms on a supposedly "serious" conspiracy site as advertisement and a way to bring in new members.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join