It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing the ATS Conspiracy Chicks

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
It all sounds a tad dodgy to me, then again i will wait until i see a few proper episodes before i form a conclusive opinion on the whole idea. But i don't like the idea as of right now if im being honest...just doesn't feel right..

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Oh....and I want to be in the running for conspirracy dudes. My face is presentable, but I am hairy and red as an Orangutan with my shirt off so the earlier outfits probably wouldn't work for me

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

"and most important, they [ATS members] can't be fooled"

*sigh* Sadly, this has been proven false countless times. At least they're not shy about "sex sells" gimmicks, lol, so at least for that, i'll be giving it a peek.

Hopefully it'll be entertaining and unbiased as well.

Lets see if they can live up to their slander of corrupt journalism and show everyone how it's supposed to be done - the right way.

Cutie and Hottie? I didn't see that part. Now my opinion has changed to disgust. You could have done better for these women. They don't deserve to be portrayed this way.

OH COME ON!

Why would you insinuate that these women are powerless to portray themselves any way they please? Do you honestly believe that they are powerless to make their own decisions and must rely on men to do it for them?

If you believe that, then you should only believe you're disgusted with yourself.

Otherwise, get off your feminist high horse. That garbage got old a decade ago.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Snarf]
These women are at the mercy of the people who direct and edit. That is an issue of professionalism and quality advertising concepts. I didn't say anything about powerless to make decisions unless they had full control about what was released. I hold the producers responsible for the final product. I am not a feminist. I am proud of these women, just not how they have been portrayed. ATS should have more class.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous

He-he!
DUH!
I was also sarcastic, but sarcasm gets easily lost at the receiving end somtimes through Internet communication! apparently

Neither of our sarcasm radars or Sardars were working

Are you an aspiring moderator perhaps?

I don't think I have the figure for it.

[edit on 19/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by illumiNOTi
Oh....and I want to be in the running for conspirracy dudes. My face is presentable, but I am hairy and red as an Orangutan with my shirt off so the earlier outfits probably wouldn't work for me

Sorry... try-outs have closed but if anyone is taken ill or whatever, we need back ups... can you dance?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Goodbye JohnnyAnonymous...

Just posting so that you know you had some true fans.

Good luck ladies.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Just to note, Johnny is not going anywhere
He just had a break! He will be back.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
OH COME ON!

Why would you insinuate that these women are powerless to portray themselves any way they please? Do you honestly believe that they are powerless to make their own decisions and must rely on men to do it for them?

If you believe that, then you should only believe you're disgusted with yourself.

Otherwise, get off your feminist high horse. That garbage got old a decade ago.

So you think that Asala and Ashley went to the owners and said, We're hotties, how about you give us a show... we want to show how good looking we are and how much we're into conspiracy theories by fronting a new show called conspiracy chicks.

OR

When the owners saw the videos that these two posted around the time of the launch of ATS media section, They saw the potential of having two gorgeous girls on the staff and thought of a way to get them in the limelight somehow?

I mean there are lots of women on ATS and perhaps some have actual experience in presenting or would have been a better choice.
Who knows eh?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Excellent job guys (and gals
)
. I look forward to seeing more ideas like this in the future.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

*phew*

For a second there I considered posting irrational and nonsensical rants about ATS' cliche advertising style... you know, try and fit in? But its all good now.

PS, I love your eyes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Just to note, Johnny is not going anywhere
He just had a break! He will be back.

That is good to hear. Johnny is great!

Honestly, I miss the ATSMix family of shows as well. ATSMix, BTSMix, Every once and a while a PTSMix was popping up.

Altogether we have a wide selection of very personable and entertaining people that have contributed some great content to ATS and have made this site the best place to come for a long time. "Conspiracy Chicks" I trust will be a great addition to that long line of really quality multimedia.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Congratulations ladies! I absolutely LOVE it! I was hoping it would be something like this. I can't wait to see how it goes.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm rather surprised at some of the negative, and even vicious commentary from some members here.

Perhaps if we found some angry, slobbering, less-attractive middle-aged man who screams at the camera and carries a bullhorn in public, the nay-sayers would be happy... dunno. Maybe a former pro-wrestler in black-leather surrounded by a group of actors from central casting... yeah, that's it.

The point with this type of production is to take a risk to reach beyond the typical confines of our genre with something never-before seen from the likes of "conspiracy" people. ATS has been focused on those kinds of risks and efforts for several years, we're not about to stop.

Most of the "public at large" is rather turned-off by the majority of typical productions from the world of "conspiracy theorists." Too angry. Too dark. Too depressing. Too much. A similar production might indeed be loved by our members, but what's the point in that? Preaching to the choir is futile.

Two of the sharpest people ever to post on ATS also happen to be attractive women who have the guts to sit down in front of a camera and help conceive of a video show that will draw attention to what happens on ATS... attention that is likely to come from people who may have (rightfully) thought conspiracy theorists were too dark and depressing for them, until now.

Sure it's a risk. But so is anything that attempts to reach outward beyond familiar territory,

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Jinx you don't MIND Asala?
Ashley is trying to SELL herself?

that is something a little different than criticism in my opinion.
And I am taking it as something else, just like you predicted.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cupocoffee
I do feel badly for Johnny Anonymous though.

He's been tending to some important items in real-life that have ended up being very time consuming. But never fear, the Anonymous-one is relentless and he will return.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
SO, it could have been done better. We are members. We have opinions on how ATS is portrayed. I expect better in the future.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I don't "Mind" either of them really.
They are not the issue IMO.

But anyway, this is a pointless thread and arguing isn't gonna change anything,
The Conspiracy chicks are here, Let's all just watch it and see what happens.

[edit on 19/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

Well now- I guess slapping "Texas Hotty" to her name, kind of makes one see her in a different light- as I said difficult to take her seriously once that has been done.

Read some of my previous replies and you will see where I am coming from- They don't NEED those labels to get people to watch this show...

Their intelligence speaks for itself, and it's sad to see the owners reduce them in such a way..

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join