It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden Facebook fan page shut down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Osama Bin Laden Facebook fan page shut down

www.afterdawn.com

A Facebook fan page for Osama Bin Laden has been shut down today, after 1000 "fans" signed up to watch posts linking to speeches and recordings of the Islamic extremist.

The page went up in late March, and refers to bin Laden as the "Prince of Mujahideen."

Although it is unclear who started the page, Facebook says they doubt there is any direct link, and the page was likely put up by supporters in the Middle East.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Really? I'm disgusted for two reasons.

1. Who in their right mind would support this guy.

2. Facebook is an American site, so where is the freedom of speech?

I'm torn on this article because OBL actually has people that are not afraid to support him and cyber friend him on FaceBook, and that FaceBook allowed that fan page to reach 1000 followers. But I also support freedom of speech was Facebook Right for taking this page down? Oh the conundrum

www.afterdawn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

In a way I am surprised it was taken down. If I recall correctly there was a person who posted here saying that the CIA was the real owner of Facebook and they showed the crazy way it was connected. So why would the CIA close down a possible source of information on terrorist activities??

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

In a way I am surprised it was taken down. If I recall correctly there was a person who posted here saying that the CIA was the real owner of Facebook and they showed the crazy way it was connected. So why would the CIA close down a possible source of information on terrorist activities??

Yeah and even if the CIA doesn't own Facebook, with pages like that the CIA can keep track of the extremists just by seeing who is following that page.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Whatever happened to freedom of speech that is so sacred?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The Supreme Court struck down a federal law Tuesday aimed at banning videos that show graphic violence against animals, saying it violates the right to free speech.

top topics

join