It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look what i found at the Vatican!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just recently got back from a family vacation to Europe, more specifically Italy. While in Italy at both the Santa Maria Maggiore and The Vatican, I came across two very interesting paintings..

Not sure how to link the images but here is my best attempt.

1) hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net...

Same Photo but taken off the web

2) z.about.com...

Vatican Photo

3) sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...

Appear to be the all-seeing-eye and within Catholic churches.... I would love further discussion on the symbolism and hidden meaning.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Cronoz Foniquero]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Isn't it meant to represent God?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cronoz Foniquero

Check out this thread on how to embed pics.

ATS Thread

[edit on 4/18/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This is like deja vu.

I just posted in another thread where the OP posted pictures of an eye of horus in his church.

Talk about synchronicity, and I see it is a world wide epidemic!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Talk about synchronicity, and I see it is a world wide epidemic!

The Eye of Providence has been in churches for a long time..
Anyway here's a wikipedia link:
en.wikipedia.org...
It's also on some of my Grandfathers masonic items. It's meant to represent the Holy Trinity.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I thought that was a representation of the Tetragramaton. Maybe I'm wrong.

It does look earily similar to the all-seeing-eye though.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Not only the eye , but check out what the woman in the third link is holding in her left hand !

Zoom in to about 200% for best view .

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

Not only the eye , but check out what the woman in the third link is holding in her left hand !

Zoom in to about 200% for best view .

She is holding an Ouroboros.

en.wikipedia.org...

Christianity adopted the Ouroboros as symbols of the limited confines of the material world (that there is an "outside" being implied by the demarcation of an inside), and the self-consuming transitory nature of a mere "worldly existence" of this world

If you relaxed a bit and researched you wouldn't be shocked by anything in the pictures, lol.

[edit on 18/4/10 by Nventual]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Let me try and embed the pictures maybe the sizing will be better... i just copied the image url's from my facebook album and the sizing is much smaller than I expected.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Cronoz Foniquero]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
They're great pictures but like I said it is the Eye of Providence, it's actually in lots of Christian works and has been for many centuries.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
In the third linked image, notice that the circe being held by the "angel", is a snake eating it's own tail. More that just an all seeing eye in those designs.

Plenty of symbolism if you will.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

" If you relaxed a bit and researched you wouldn't be shocked by anything in the pictures, lol. "

Why is it that some of you people always have to turn these things into jabs at other posters ?

Did you feel it was neccessary to inject that bit of ridicule into this thread , and if so , why ?

Did you naturally assume that all of us here would know that ?

I will probably get deleted for being off-topic but, it must be really lonely there at the top huh ?

Maybe you should take a jab at the super moderater also , seeing that he posted the same thing I did ?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Very intriguing, I initially created this toic because of the thread "Look what I found in my church" and made the immediate connection to the All-seeing-eye... Little did i know there would be other elements of symbolism in my photographs.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Here's one from the Salt Lake Temple as well.

You can find this symbol repeated in many different churches as well as the masonic Builder upline. This symbol is more ancient than you can imagine and it carries a meaning that is important.

It goes back to mankinds early history, even before the flood. It is the symbol of "the Watchers". The "pyramid" is not really a pryamid. It represents the tri cornered hat of pirates. Therein lies the story.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsyOpCyclops
I thought that was a representation of the Tetragramaton. Maybe I'm wrong.

It does look earily similar to the all-seeing-eye though.

I thought you were not suppose to say the T word?

Pictures are good, some look Satanic,

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

As long as it is seen in a church it is okay, it is a religious symbol of old and is not viewed as being evil in any way, however if you are a mason or a dollar bill it means you are evil and must die. God I love sarcasm at times.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Not only is it an all seeing eye, but it's an all seeing eye within the pyramid.

Definitely worth some extra investigation.

However, many religions used symbols from previous religions as a way of keeping the masses interested and engaged with the new religion. The all seeing eye was a symbol for Horace, the sun God (also known as Ra) in religions before Christianity.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Anyone else see the similarity with this thread?

What's the agenda here folks? I've posted a thread alert on this; someone is playing games here...

[edit on 19/4/2010 by ajmusicmedia]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
It's a...

black triangle ufo...

flying through a stargate.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The place I first heard of the orobouros(sp) was in this fantastic book called The Sanctuary by Raymond Khoury. He also wrote The Last Templar and The Sign. Once you read one book you have to read all of them, the guy used to write screenplays so his books move with the pace of a hollywood thriller. The Last Templar was the 1st one I read and I stayed up till like 7am till I finished it, it took me about 15 hours off and on. Sorry if it`s a little off topic but I know how valuable a good book recommendation can be to some people no matter where, and to be fair, the orobouros appears in one of the paintings and on the cover of The Sanctuary... don`t expect any hidden secrets from Khoury just a great fiction that may open your mind to some other possibilities or inspire you to write.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join