It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will take up Ron Paul's mantle in the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Rep. Paul is 74 years old now. As much as I would like to see him in the oval office in 2012, I think he's just too darn old, sad to say.

Once the Good Doctor settles into well-deserved retirement, who will play the same role in Congress or (keep your fingers crossed) perhaps even the White House?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Someone with the mentality of ron paul but also abit younger too ..

I hope ron paul lives to the 2012 elections so that he may become president , we shall see ....

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Rep. Paul is 74 years old now. As much as I would like to see him in the oval office in 2012, I think he's just too darn old, sad to say.

He'll be going for ages yet that man has some fight in him. Besides there have been much older Presidents or Prime Ministers.

I certainly don't think his son is the one to take up the mantle he doesn't have the same attitude or views his father does.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The apple didn't fall too far from the tree with his son, Rand Paul...

He's running for congress now.

Though as of yet, he doesn't have enough experience to run for president

[edit on 18-4-2010 by PsyOpCyclops]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Definitly not Rand Paul. I watched the interview on CNN where they had both of them on there at the same time and while Rand Paul may have similar views as his father he acts very arrogant. He is also very vocal on certain issues that Ron would not act so blunt on. Such as the UI extension, Rand Paul was vehemently against it and Ron did not say much on the subject.

Ron has alot of respect. Whether you are a friend or a foe he is calm, collective and has a friendly vibe. Rand looks rather angry and gives off a more confrontational vibe. Also Rand's stances on some issues is more in line with the Republican Party, while Ron is mostly against all Republican issues.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Ron Paul should think long term and groom a successor, if he hasn't already.
If he has no such plan, he's definitely drop the ball on this one in a major way.

new topics

top topics

join