It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look What I Found At My Church

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

Awesome!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wow man. What a find.

I am absolutely speechless.

You should do some research into the background of the heads of that church.....

Let us know what you find.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mothershipzeta

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
Now if the story of Jesus was a revamped and renamed story for Horus

...or Attis...or Mithra...or Krishna...or Dionysus...

yep.

and don't forget Buddha.

nothing in christianity is "christian".
it is all stolen.
quite simple, really.

the shadiest group on earth,
doing the most shady things in history.
surprise!

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by YouCanCallMeKM

Well if i'm not mistaken the all seeing eye represents "The Creator" in pretty much all religions. so i don't see how it's out of place.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
One of the reasons I quit going to church. I will never give up my religious beliefs, but I will give up on those who try to control me.

Star and flag for you.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Nice picture...it does make you wonder why the staind glass was made like that...My younger years all the way to high school I went to church and never once remember in sunday school having anybody explain to us what the stories were behind the picutres in the staind glass of the church...Maybe it was because the teachers and ministers didn't even know...or maybe it was because we werent meant to...Just seems like that should have been a topic sometime in my 17 or 18 years at the church to learn what those symbols meant...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I really like what some of you are suggesting so far and I can see where most of you are coming from. I'm very opened minded but I still believe that maybe that sign has something to do with Freemasonry, or some indicating something we dont know yet. But like I said, to clear up a couple things, Ill try to go back there when I can, look around, and have a little chat to see if I can get any valuable information.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Good deal, KM. I'd tend more toward wondering about the artist, than the church itself. Oftentimes an artist is commission to do a work, and the basic idea is laid out, and artisans being what they are, run with their intuitions and the feel of the medium.

Keep us posted!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Okay, I read your whole thread just to make sure I wasn't repeating information. More than the all-seeing-eye, what interests me is the two fellows at the bottom of the stained glass. Now, it's entirely possible that I'm seeing what I want to see, however, the guy on the left bottom looks to me to have a Templar cross on his chest. The guy on the right, with just a tad of imagination, looks like he might be wearing chain-mail and adorned in Templar colors. NOW...... if that's a possibility, and add that to the already identified Eye of Providence.....

Not Templar in particular, just Crusader in general. As symbol for the 'Christian Soldier'. You know the hymn..."Onward Christian Soldiers... Onward as to War". Symbolic of the struggle towards enlightenment, both internal and external; and of the protection the Church provides to pilgrims.

Dang, you know, you might need to start exploring the basement for the opening to the secret catacombs that lead to the GRAIL!

And if you find Dan Brown's writing skills while you are there, let him know where he lost them, will you?

Okay, that last bit was over the top, but I think I really do see Knights Templar symbology, PLUS, the guy to the right of the ?woman? has a staff with a spiral on it, ending in a star. cool stuff. I think I'd like to go to your church.

I think that's supposed to be the Pope, I think thats what the crozier staff and the mitre are telling us. Modern Popes don't use the crozier anymore, but the symbolism in art is still relevant. It could be the Church's patron saint in particular, didn't someone say it was St. Eugene? - one of the six St. Eugene's was a Pope. It is certainly meant to be symbolic of God's 'official' intermediaries on Earth and their role as shepherds tending to the flock.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

i described its root meaning on page 5...but it does have several different meanings though

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Eye of Providence

The Eye of Providence, or the all-seeing eye of God, is a symbol showing an eye often surrounded by rays of light or a glory and usually enclosed by a triangle. It is sometimes interpreted as representing the eye of God watching over humankind. (see Divine Providence).

In the modern era, the most notable depiction of the eye is the reverse of the Great Seal of the United States, which appears on the United States one-dollar bill.

I think it's obvious it refers to "God", but the big question is, which one?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

the only one but it is used by many different religions to confuse the real meaning...check out my post on page 5

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Thanks to the OP for posting this.

I was in my church for the first time in years the other week. My niece was getting confirmed.

I kept staring at the stained glass windows, looking for symbolism etc. I spotted a load of things. The most shocking thing was seeing the Tower of Babel within the stained glass window.

What the hell is the Tower of Babel (and also Adam and Eve) doing in a stained glass window in a Roman Catholic church!?

Thankfully I am not religious, otherwise I would have dammed the architecture to hell.

Babylon and Jesus Christ...whats in common? So why have the picture in that location? Hmmmm. There is like 6-8 thousand years of a difference or something.

Scumbags.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouCanCallMeKM
I think this just proves more to the fact that Christianity is a pagan religion based off the Egyptians.

What laughable rubbish!

This isn't a Christian church, but a Catholic one and so has no connection to Christianity whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by airvicemarshal

well the catholic church got to choose what books are in the christian faith so it does have a connection...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
the thing i dont understand is, how would it be the eye of god if this country uses the same symbol on their evil currency? especially when the practicies our government take part of are nothing good? mainly outlining that of dark condemned acts in the eyes of god? WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOL?!

something tells me our government has their own type of 'god' that they use the same symbol for that it represents. sort of keeping the masses blind to whats really going on.

another explaination could be whoever chose the stained glass for this church was a freemason and had it specifically made to fit to his liking.

one thing is for sure, those all seeing eyes sure are UGLY!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

again look at my post on page 5

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The symbol is called the "Eye of Providence" or "All Seeing Eye of God", which has been used in Christian churches since the Middle Ages. Allegedly the eye is God's eye and the three sides represent the trinity.

More likely, Church fathers ripped off the Egyptian Eye of Horus.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
At the top, Catholicism is steeped in the occult. The Roman Catholic Church is as Luciferian and insidious as Freemasonry, Knights Templar, etc. Don't believe me? Listen to this ex-Catholic priest/Illuminist/Satanist's testimony:

www.youtube.com...

Ever wonder what the deal was with the rampant pedophilia in the Catholic church? This explains it...

True Christianity, as in the early church of the New Testament is starkly different from Catholicism. In fact, it is in adamant opposition. More Christians have died at the hands of the Catholics and Jesuits than any other groups of people in history (not even the Romans or Muslims). The evidence is out there, and if I had more time I would provide it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Didn't read the entire thread so don't know if this was said.

Many baptist churches are purchased from the catholics. Catholics tend to have occult symbols.

Best bet is to point it out to the pastor and see if he removes it. But i'd be more worried if it was on top of a pyramid or the rays of sun coming from it counted 13. Technically a picture of an eye representing God doesn't mean occult, but if it's a bible believing church then bringing up "above reproach" or "graven images" should be enough to have the pastor get rid of it.

You could always use a sharpie and draw another eye next to it!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join