It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look What I Found At My Church

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Well the ancient Romans did bring a lot of things back from Egypt (obelisks..etc) and placed them all around the city, and then later on all of the objects were Christianized, so it makes sense that you would be able to find the eye of Horus (all seeing eye... etc) around Rome; and other places if people are still associating it with the religion.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The artist is probably just depicting that god is watching you, I really wouldn't classify that as an illuminati symbol or anything. I've seen by far way more intriguing church pictures! A triangle with an eye in it doesn't ALWAYS mean anything.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sourdiesel

being the Christian all seeing eye of 'god' would be an arguable point except that it comes from Egyptian glyphs which predate christianity by some years.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by YouCanCallMeKM

By the way, the window to the right of the one you photographed appears to contain a part of the depicted story. It might be interesting to see what it contains. This appears to be a Bishop annointing the man with his head on the pillow. Perhaps this is the last rites, just a guess. The man with his head down might also be Maximilian Kolbe the patron saint of the parish.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by sourdiesel

It is the all seeing eye , alright , but it is the eye-of-Horus .,
not God .

No, the link below is the Eye of Horus. No triangle, clearly elongated lines. Very different from what is in the photograph. As another poster on page one pointed out, the triangle eye in the photo is the Eye of Providence. There's really no conspiracy here, guys.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I was under the impression, the eye was also a luciferian symbol! If it is a Roman Catholic Church, it makes sense. As someone posted earlier the RCC is a machine, a monopoly if you will.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Its a symbol of the 'Thousand points of Illumination'...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The triangle/capstone image that has been identified as the "eye of Providence" could also be the representation of the Tetragrammaton. In some occasions the Tetragrammaton is shown as the triangle with rays extended as well.

While the image doesn't have the "all seeing eye" the Tetragrammaton has a deep history within the Judeo-Christian religions dogma, as well as a history within the Masonic/Illuminati conspiracy.

Tetragramaton on Jewish encyclopedia

An article by HPB about the Tetragrammaton and it's relation in sacred geometry and other things.

An article about Cyrus Scofield, the author of the Scofield Reference Bible, that references the Tetragrammaton and it's alleged role in the Illuminati conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Beautiful stain glass. Most new churches don't use them anymore. Too expensive and not as energy efficient. I just love the older churches that still have them. There's just a sense of reverence and peace when I look at them that just isn't in newer buildings. Thanks for sharing the pics. I needed the inspiration today. Bless you.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
A side by side comparison of Horus and Jesus

scroll down until you see the yellow table...

Page 1 www.religioustolerance.org...

Page 2 www.religioustolerance.org...

Now if the story of Jesus was a revamped and renamed story for Horus, who would go through the trouble and for what purpose?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouCanCallMeKM
Alright, first of all I'd like to say WOOPWOOP my first thread!

And I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate place for this topic but I couldn't think of any other.

So heres the scoop. Today I went for a baptism to my local church which I visited on many different occasions, but somehow never stumbled across this. While just walking around, something caught my attention on a piece of stained glass. When I first seen it I got those chills all over my body, you know what I mean. Thankfully I had brought my camera so I took 2 pictures just for you guys
( and girls )

here you go

i40.tinypic.com...

img341.imageshack.us...

So what do you guys make of this? I know the whole all seeing eye and what not. But I dont think this should be in a Christian church which I'm sure everyone would agree, unless I'm missing something here. In my opinion, I think this just proves more to the fact that Christianity is a pagan religion based off the Egyptians.

Myhaha. Some people forget what this symbol rely is. No, its not only secret masonic symbol. In fact it is Christian symbol of God which was borrowed by masons. You more often would find this symbol as e representation of god in Christian culture.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've read a few books about the Bible and this "all-seeing eye" is just God's repsresentation by artists of the Italian Renaissance, which you can find in a few churches in Northern Italy and Southern France.
Cheers

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Just goes to show how far the Illuminati can reach. Even though that "represents" the all seeing eye of God, by no means should Christians be using this as symbolism for their religion. Any who, too bad not all of us are aware that organized religion is just another tool for power over the people and it is used in the most despicable ways.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Catholicism is well known for their blatant idol worship and secret societies yadda yadda yadda. Thats why there was the Protestant Reformation.

To relate a single church to the whole of Christianity is unwise. Catholics are more a government structure than a religion. IMO that is.

Remember the devil knows the bible to. What better way to deceive the masses than to create a religion thats quasi christian. Take a repressive system and throw a little religion in and boom you got the hierarchy of Rome.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
good find very good find. the most interesting part i find however, is the fact the spiral above the woman's head looks just like the spiral we've seen recently in Norway.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Many older churches that are catholic based or previous tenants were contain the pictures of the one eyed god/All seeing Eye of Horus, and the sacred feminine and masculine. The steeple is the obelisk and the arched opening is the female opening. many have an arched opening with two towers or pillars on either side. Many will face East or west and during certain equinox's the sun will shine through these stained glass windows and shine directly on the alter or on some other relic or rendition thereof. The two pillars represent the pillars of Enoch and are gate ways to a new understanding, world view, dimension, etc etc....
They are gateways and are also like the legs of woman on her back with the female opening and the ringing of the bell in the steeple is the calling for spiritual governance and symbolic of wisdom of the gods being delivered into the womb which is the sanctuary where the wisdom of the gods is called into the womb to be nurtured by you the body of the Christ. But who is the Christ they worship and try to bring you under through the symbols of the church? The gods they always worshiped long before Cesar decided it would be wiser to rule through religion than force? The organized church was organized so that it couldn't grow but be controlled through symbols and magic.

I have photos of a church nearby as well. Heres the thing. The God of Israel/Abraham said there shall be NO gods before me and there shall be no bowing before graven images. This what the PTB have most Christians doing. Yet they wonder why is God so far away? Why do I suffer? Why Why Why. Wake up and quit worshiping in these abominations and go into your inner most room and seek the true God and you will find understanding. Remember Yeshua said if you are lukewarm I will spit you out. Thats the plan behind the symbols. Although you may love God with all your heart you are on bended knee before ancient symbols of the fallen ones. You are being kept lukewarm. Gods Richest Blessings~~~
PS I bet you can find other symbols that are familiar to your eye in these photos.
oh yeah just an example - [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd66e235864a.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cf3ce92160e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Barkster]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Uhm, the all seeing eye represents God...since that would be the only entity that is all seeing...yeah, pretty simple.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sourdiesel
I think that is the All-Seeing Eye of GOD?
I really like stained glass artwork because when I look at it in the daytime vs nighttime they always make me feel different emotions.

The Eye of Providence

In Medieval and Renaissance European iconography, the Eye (often with the addition of an enclosing triangle) was an explicit image of the Christian Trinity. Seventeenth-century depictions of the Eye of Providence sometimes show it surrounded by clouds or sun bursts.

But that's just what "They" want you to believe.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
Now if the story of Jesus was a revamped and renamed story for Horus

...or Attis...or Mithra...or Krishna...or Dionysus...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barkster
PS I bet you can find other symbols that are familiar to your eye in these photos.
oh yeah just an example - [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd66e235864a.jpg[/atsimg]

Is the round window something related to the Rosicrucians? And... the towers are blatantly horns.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join