It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look What I Found At My Church

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
www.catholic-church.org...

Please visit this link and tell me what you *see* in this *innocent* catholic based girl scout badge.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I guess it all boils down to which story about the eye you believe, and whats its representation was. But the 1st pictures looks creepy to me. They all look sad with little frowns. Expect the bottom guy under the priest. He looks like he has some smirk on his face lol

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

its just a golden bow overlapping the underneath purple heritage tag, look closer

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz

its just a golden bow overlapping the underneath purple heritage tag, look closer
Is that all it is? Or was it deliberately designed to resemble eye of horus?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I don't see anything, first thing that randomly came to my head was an
eye but that's probably because you put the "" around the see lol, but yea I don't really see anything...Also from your previous post. funny thing you mentioned Nights of Columbus because when I had to do community hours, I went to the recreational centre right beside the church, and i had to clean up a room which was down in the basement area. This room was a Nights of Columbus room. By that I mean it had a whole bunch of pictures of people, some old certificates I can say, just a whole bunch of things, with a seating area kinda like ( just stick your pointer finger out and your thumb and connect the tips of your thumbs ) to make a "u" type of shape with a single chair in the middle at the top of the "u"

[edit on 18-4-2010 by YouCanCallMeKM]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think if it is something that's aberrant the most likely scenario is not a church conspiracy, but more likely the glass artisan threw a little "easter egg" in his/her work.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Seems like an odd symbol for a Catholic church - they're still pretty hotly opposed to Masonry, so you wouldn't think it was a Masonic Eye of Providence.

The 'eye in a triangle with rays' symbology was occasionally used to denote the Trinity in Renaissance art. It appears in other Catholic churches in Europe, so maybe that's where the stained glass folk got the idea.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sometime later this week, I'll try to go back and look around everywhere to see if I can find any other clues and other strange/questionable things like this one. Also if I get the chance, I'l see what the priests take on the eye is and if he somehow happens to know who the maker of that glass would be or where I would be able to get more info on it. So if you subscribed, Ill try to keep you guys informed as much as I can. Also thanks for making my fist thread what it is so far
( I really didn't think it would reach 2 pages
)

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by YouCanCallMeKM

No. I fiercely disagree.

Some folks . . . from satan on . . .

have been VERY SKILLFUL at corrupting, polluting, distorting, mangling the Christian message; church structures and congregations etc.

Paul said . . . if an angel from heaven comes preaching any other Gospel, consider him eternally cursed, damned.

Evil has infected Christian organizations from the beginning 2,000 years ago.

One thing that's interesting about that . . . WHY WOULD satan or any enemy corrupt something that was NOT true?

One corrupts or develops a counterfeit of something that is true and authentic.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Heh, that's what "Christians" don't get. All religions and belief systems are interrelated. It's not that shocking to me.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

*GASP*
Geeeez.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I just hope your not referring me to Christians, because I'm not one. I'm agnostic and very open minded but I do believe there is a higher someone or something that either "made" us or "helped us become human". Just not what's said these days. or what was even said B.C

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Anyone else see the similarity with this thread?

What's the agenda here folks? I've posted a thread alert on this; someone is playing games here...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Surely thats not a ufo too? (on the right hand beam from the eye?
Also who are the figures in black meant to represent?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

No. I fiercely disagree.

Some folks . . . from satan on . . .

have been VERY SKILLFUL at corrupting, polluting, distorting, mangling the Christian message; church structures and congregations etc.

Paul said . . . if an angel from heaven comes preaching any other Gospel, consider him eternally cursed, damned.

Evil has infected Christian organizations from the beginning 2,000 years ago.

One thing that's interesting about that . . . WHY WOULD satan or any enemy corrupt something that was NOT true?

One corrupts or develops a counterfeit of something that is true and authentic.

For sure, and honest bishops have spoken before of the "superforce" that exists behind the scenes in the church. If you are interested, Svali is a (now-missing) illuminati defector who gave her testimony. Child sacrifices, in secret rooms under the vatican. This isn't to say such evil is spread to every Catholic church, nor to say that an infiltrated church doesn't focas on a good message.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Not sure what they represent, maybe anyone with more knowledge on this can, but when I go back there sometime this week ( I'll try ASAP ) I'll take a picture of the whole stained glass for better info.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well I suppose I could flag this for you since you got my attention... welcome to the forums, I will enjoy reading this thread!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
anyone can see that its mooses shining with rays of humble inner learning,

my 2 cents

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Um...much of Christianity is still based on not only Paganism, but, the all seeing eye in the pyramid has been a symbol for Christianity for ages, not only through the Roman Catholic Church, but, many protestant churches as well.

If you think that Christianity is somehow separate from the All seeing eye, then you don't know your history of the Christian faith.

We are primarily a Christian country who actually worships...MONEY, not God. And, if you take a look on the back of your one dollar bill, I think that what you'll find is quite representative of who our God really is.

However...I don't associate Church or Christianity with God. I associate it with institutional control.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Just a point of order:

The Catholic Church doesn't allow it's members to become Freemasons.

There are a lot of Catholic Freemasons, but they don't advertise themselves.

This symbol is the all-seeing eye of providence, symbolizing the ever-presence of God to watch over and protect us.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join