It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toyota Fined $16.4 Million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Edited to add Link:
edition.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com...

U.S. official: Toyota indicates it will pay $16.4 million fineBy the CNN Wire StaffApril 19, 2010 -- Updated 0315 GMT (1115 HKT)
RELATED TOPICS
Toyota Motor Corporation
Automotive Safety
Washington (CNN) -- The Toyota Motor Corp has indicated to the U.S. government it will pay a $16.4 million fine sought by the Department of Transportation for failing to notify the agency of a "sticky pedal" defect in its cars for at least four months, according to a senior Transportation Department official.

CNN reporting that Toyota has been fined $16,400,000 for delaying recalls.
Claim states Toyota was made aware of product problems and safety issues back in September of 2009, but failed to order a recall until January of 2010.

Not sure if the fine is more or less than enough.

personally i wish they got it right the first time. Perhaps we are making cars with too many working parts and options instead of paying attention to the basics. Like will my car continue to accelerate on it's own, or does the gas pedal work?

Where were the oversights in the first place, before the failures, and before the fine?

Come on corporations. time to start playing fair!

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
$16 million is a drop in a bucket. Heck, Goldman stock fell by more than $10 BILLION on friday alone.

And I'm still waiting for somebody to tell us where the THREE TRILLION that mysteriously disappeared in 2001 is squirrled away these days...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

You did not supply a link to the article, so can you answer this question?

Will the people who got injured, or the families who lost a person killed by a Toyota product be paid out of these fines?

Who is collecting this money?

It doesn't seem like enough to me and a few more 0's should be added on!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Good questions. I'm going to do some research on that in a while, and get back to you on it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

You did not supply a link to the article, so can you answer this question?

Sorry About that.
I Edited the OP to include a link to the CNN report.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thanks for adding in the link!

Hmmmm, I am still wondering what happens to the fine money, since they are still open to lawsuits from the victims, who'm I hope collect a lot more than that!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

i strongly agree. the victims should get more compensation, and hopefully they do.

But seriously, i think profits dictate corporations, and information technologies as well, more than safety issues.

This kind of stuff would not have happened if the integrity of the current legislation was upheld, instead of more oversight b.s. and talk of new legislation.

People should just be doing the right thing in the first place, not covering up information and not doing a recall from the get go.

Corporations are screwing themselves in the end. Big names, one after another are crumbling under their own falacies and lies.
Goldman Sachs is another example of $ outwaying all else to some souls, perhaps.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It's mind boggling to me how people who do these things can think these things are ok to do. I can't find such characteristics within me to use as a basis for comparison. Therefore it is difficult for me to imagine about what it is they are doing. And it is sort of hereditary, a genetic default, to fear what it is you don't understand.

top topics

join