It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Images of Iceland Volcano from Just a Few Kilometers Away

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Yea it seems to be a commonplace. IT happens in the ash cloud or plume of the volcanic explosion.

www.thunderbolts.info...

Pred...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Wow, those are all awesome pics. Please forgive my ignorance but is lighting in volcanic eruptions like that normal? I had never seen or heard of anything like that but then I know nothing about volcanoes. What is going on in there?

The cause of volcanic lightning is not completely understood. Geologists assume that the cause is similar to the cause of lightning in thunderstorms. From an electric universe point of view, the Earth is a small charged body moving in a large cell of plasma, and there is charge waiting for a connection to it.

www.thunderbolts.info...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Cool, we even posted the same link.

I think you owe me a coke.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by Nventual

Cool, we even posted the same link.

I think you owe me a coke.

Pred...

Haha, I didn't realize there was a 2nd page when I posted it.

I don't have Coke. Is Pepsi good enough?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sign of the times ?

Maybe its just my perception...but does that first image look like a mad earth demon flip'n the bird at the NWO ?

S&F

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Much thanks.

I hope you get many more and post your better ones again.

I wish there were a way for you to ping those of us interested when you do.

About how far away were you?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Wow, those are all awesome pics. Please forgive my ignorance but is lighting in volcanic eruptions like that normal? I had never seen or heard of anything like that but then I know nothing about volcanoes. What is going on in there?

The cause of volcanic lightning is not completely understood. Geologists assume that the cause is similar to the cause of lightning in thunderstorms. From an electric universe point of view, the Earth is a small charged body moving in a large cell of plasma, and there is charge waiting for a connection to it.

www.thunderbolts.info...

and

Originally posted by predator0187

Yea it seems to be a commonplace. IT happens in the ash cloud or plume of the volcanic explosion.

www.thunderbolts.info...

Pred...

Thanks. Sorry if it was a stupid question. I guess I never thought about it at all anyway but the pictures are stunning. That must be an amazing thing to see in person with all that chaos going in on such a large scale. Thanks for the info.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
this may be far fetched, but I read a thread here on ATS that said a sanctuary for the press and reporters might be in the works in iceland, and now it gets hit with a volcano eruption? am I reaching?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Sorry buddy. It was not me taking the pictures. I do not even think that I would have wanted to been that close. I think though from the original story that the photographer was a couple kilometers away from the eruption.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Your welcome buddy!! And there is no such thing as a stupid question. There are plenty of stupid answers though and I try to provide none of them!!

Pred...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese
reply to post by predator0187

Cool pics, especially of the lightening. Also has Katla erupted yet, they are worried about that one going up.
locals are expecting katla to erupt within 7 days,but that will be devastating its 5 times the size of helka.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

It's like a tornado, beautiful, but very destructive and I think if I saw one, I would be to busy trying not to pee my pants to enjoy it.

I was camping one time, and off in the distance I seen a a tornado forming all the way across the water, and while watching it, I noticed the water was getting darker and darker and this darkness was getting to shore quick. The closer it got, you were able to notice it was like little ripples in the water when you see wind pushing against it. Then all of a sudden you see these ripples get right to the shore and BOOM. You get hit by like a wall of wind. It was pretty cool and frighting at the same time tho.

And cool find
the picture with the lighting is my favourite I'd have to say

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I saw somewhere on youtube that this self educated professor believes that the magnetic discharge from a volcano is very similar to a solar flare.
When I followed your link
www.thunderbolts.info...
and viewed the photo, I find it a plausible explanation.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So I enhanced the pictures which I thought would warrant it the most. These are for you fellow ATS members:

Side by side comparison:

Good work on the photographers part.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
More Stunning images:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I could not see the helicopter to compare the size until I went to the UniverseToday website where I could see it finally...I was stunned to say the least...That is one frightening spectacle, and the xray view of it is even more stunning...good work...I enjoyed this thread a lot...thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
An absolutely awsome display of Nature,no matter how great we think we are its clear that if we p#ss nature off she could easily wipe us out

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Awesome pictures.

Nature never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks for posting these.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Ok just a question.. Someone take a look at the 2nd picture that was posted.. Now I dunno if I just have a wild imagination but on the top left hand side it looks like something is flying out from the ash cloud dunno I just saw that and thought I would see if i'm alone on that one

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfgt801
Ok just a question.. Someone take a look at the 2nd picture that was posted.. Now I dunno if I just have a wild imagination but on the top left hand side it looks like something is flying out from the ash cloud dunno I just saw that and thought I would see if i'm alone on that one

you are right.

The massive plume of Eyjafjallajokull volcano dwarfs a helicopter flying nearby (upper left). Image courtesy of and copyright Snaevarr Gudmundsson.

source:
www.universetoday.com...

Good find!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join