Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why do ALL prophecies and predictions have to be about us?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
If you really want a comparison, study graffiti on the walls all over the country. You will find many local references not understood by people not from that area. And this happens in the same country, speaking generally the same language. Now zoom out to Africa and see if they can make sense of what it means. More than likely they will come to a conclusion far from its original meaning.

There is not one language. There is not one culture. There is not one "book of translations" accepted in every part of the world.

Edit to add:
I erased the first part and now it appears to be off-topic. Sorry, that wasn't my intent.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
We certainly do have all the elements in place that would tell us that these are the end times.

I think because the pieces fit that a part of Mankind is actually forcing the hand of God in revealing himself.

It is undeniable the amount of Witchcraft, Sorcery, and Ritual taking place around us.

It is undeniable that Men of Power have no need for the weak or the mild.

I believe it is the time we have all prepared for, even if our eyes are only just opening. By Nature alone we notice why we are who we are on this path.

I can think of no other generation before that had the elements in play as we do today.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Its not just all destruction and pain. Revelations promised the thousand year reign of the saints. And taken back to it's roots in Hosea that also promises a 1000 year day of Jezreel to the Jews.

The world we live in is the abnormal world. One cursed to be separated from God for two thousand years according to Hosea. There's reasons for wanting it to end.

It's just the process to get there is painful.

Zechariah 13
8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ntech]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
well I can't remember where I read this from, but when we destroy this earth and a second earth and second heaven are found. There will be no more need of prophecies in the 2nd earth. It was either revelations or one of the sumerian prophecies. I read so much stuff I can't remember.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Zechariah: Chapter 13

1 In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
2 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.
3 And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.
4 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive:
5 But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.
6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.
7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Okay, but that still doesn't answer the question from my OP.
But I have to admit there ARE a lot of "prophets" here on ATS that proclaim themselves as such--which according to your quoted passage would disprove them right off the bat.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The simplest answer to the question "Why is the prophesies vague and unclear?"

There are things going on in the world that most people are simply not supposed to know or be aware of. Take the book of Job for example. Terrible things happened to Job. He lost his family, his health, and his wealth. He finally has it out with God as to why. And essentially the answer is that the world is a vast complex undertaking with God at the core of it all. Simply, we are all part of something larger.

The prophesies are vague and unclear because they are reserved to an elect number of people.

See Matthew 13.

10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Oh and BTW the day mentioned in Zechariah 13 is still future. That is in and after the 1000 year reign of the saints in Revelation. Until then we are looking toward the days of Joel.

28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

[edit on 20-8-2010 by ntech]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

HelloCamberf=6-

I think we have all strayed away from our true paths. I wrote a post about positve and negative that you might enjoy the read. Anyway I hope you have a positive day.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

I didn't even ask that. Are you maybe just looking for reasons to post Bible verses and push your own agenda?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
who else would they be about?

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by curtshamblin

Some other human generation. Is your question even for real? You understand that generations before us thought prophecies were directed towards them too and there will be humans in the future, right?
If you WERE serious, I guess it's just more proof of how narcissistic this generation is....

[edit on 20/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by ntech

I didn't even ask that. Are you maybe just looking for reasons to post Bible verses and push your own agenda?

That was part of your questions.

And if all the prophets that have supposedly foretold the end times were correct, why were they then so vague and metaphorical in telling us. The END would surely be important enough to just come out and say it, instead of beat around the bush about it.

If we knew that in 3000 years the world was without a doubt going to come to a catastrophic end, what would we do? Leave them coded messages and pictures that hinted at the event? Or would we try to express it as clearly as possible?

You realize I was channeling didn't you? And it likes to quote the bible verses. Frequently the answer to the question is already there. I merely have to find it.

And the answer is that the prophesies are not meant for all. Only for a privleged few.

1st Thessalonians 5
1Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4 But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

[edit on 26-8-2010 by ntech]

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well you misquoted me. w/e

just going back through some of my earliest threads here and saw that I said "vague and metaphorical" and not "unclear" in that quote..
w/e
big whoop

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Now there are youtube prophets and regular joes just posting musings out of their butt on youtube...and they are being believed.

Everything is all 12/21/12 all day everyday with beliefs and predictions from the "new age" (we're going to ascend) side,
the alarmists (people are acting funny--the end is near),
the Nibiru crowd,
the Andromeda council crowd (2 giant heliosperes are coming to take us to Earth 2.0),
the hucksters and fanatics (like Nancy LIEder, who already failed in an apocalypse prediction and has recommended killing your pets before 'doomsday"),
etc. etc.

All added to all the vague "predictions" mentioned in the OP.

Will all this stop once 2012 passes into 2013 like every year does?

I hope with all my heart, but I'm afraid it won't.

edit on 12/5/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

i'm unsure about others, but the messages from my elders say's these things will occur after the 7th generation has been born. the 7th generation counting forward from the time the white man first came to America.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

What generation is it now since the white man came?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

according to them, they are here now.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by Chamberf=6

Here's the answer.

Ancient cultures neither predicted the end, nor pointed toward right now for the scenario. You've been fed psuedoscience and lies by History channel and whoever profits from the lies.

Great thread though.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Not to disrespect your elders, but where did this prediction come from...

and when was it made?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Not to disrespect your elders, but where did this prediction come from...

and when was it made?

i can't speak for the site, but the content on this page is more in depth for anyone interested.

www.earthmothercrying.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join