It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do ALL prophecies and predictions have to be about us?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Okay I know this will probably draw a lot of flack, but I think it is a question that needs to be thought about.

Why would the ancients even go to the effort to create all sorts of intricate and mysterious warnings about the end of the world. If they really even did know about the end somehow, why not make the message about it as clear as possible?

And if all the prophets that have supposedly foretold the end times were correct, why were they then so vague and metaphorical in telling us. The END would surely be important enough to just come out and say it, instead of beat around the bush about it.

Could it just be that we are so arrogant and self-centered to think that every civilization to ever exist must have been trying to tell US something? What is it about mankind that just automatically assumes that all prophecies and warnings MUST be about them and their current generation?

Are we today so important that all of history has focused its attention on us living right now?
I kind of doubt it.
If we knew that in 3000 years the world was without a doubt going to come to a catastrophic end, what would we do? Leave them coded messages and pictures that hinted at the event? Or would we try to express it as clearly as possible?
Or would we not warn them at all? After all, it's very far in the future, and surely by then humankind would know anyway.

I'm just wondering what ATS thinks about this....

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
BTW mods if this is in the wrong forum please go ahead and change it. I wasn't sure where to put it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
very simpily... the present world conditions and the present worlds bestest, richest, most powerful nation & block of nations for all known history are present at this time!

Our group of generations at this 'Fourth Turning'
are more defined in prophetic word and tradition than any of the past

sure there are all sorts of rationalizations and tangents that can be substantial arguements... but - in any case - if the current world
is not the doomsday bunch of legend and prophecy = then we are just a hairs-breath away from being the end-timer-peoples

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

one word:

EGO!!!!!

[sarcasm] We, as Americans, believe ourselves to be the most important people EVER!!!! deny this and you are the antichrist! [/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There are lots of Biblical prophecies that have absolutely nothing to do with us... they already happened and thus, give credence to those that have yet to happen.

For instance, the destruction of Israel, the destruction of the temple, the exile of Israel to Assyria, reestablishment of Israel, the existance of Lybia, Ethiopia, Egypt, Israel, the prominence of Persia(Iran), the formation of an alliance of the tribes of Gomer, Gog of Magog, Tagomarh, Persia, ..ie turkey, Russia, the former soviet Muslim states, Iran in the CSTO, the reestablishment of the Roman Empire...European Union.

As for the US...I don't really see any mention of the US in the Bible...unless, when wormwood hits earth...it wipes out 1/3 of the earth's life...now, if Europe is here, and Africa is here, and Asia and the MidEast are here...then who is destroyed....N and S America?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

There have been natural disasters throughout the ages. Most much worse than what we are having now. There has been famine and war and corruption all through history too. There have been scheming leaders and plots as long as humans have been on earth.
We might just like the drama and the thought that WE are the ones that are special.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I didn't mean the US of A. I simply meant us. In this time right now.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I agree whole heartedly with you the bible is about the dysfunctional squables between the semetic jews and semetic arabs; its all about an old family fued.At the time the Old Testament was written the only island nation or mystery place that might of been known of is Great Britain.

The Bible is set fairly and squarely in the Middle East,America was not on the map when it was written.It is the religious right most of whom are aligned with Reverend Moon through to the Rockerfellers that have propogated this end times myth that the USA is in the Bible,they basically have sucked the punters in so that the faithful believe that the AngloSaxons empires intermineable battles for resources are somehow sanctioned by a 'God'.

The USA is very egocentric its citizens are taught that they are the centre of the universe,to the Average american the places in prophecy are in the 'here be dragons' section of the atlas.

Of course the Khazari-non-semetic-non biblical jews play the misconception that Isreal is a biblical Israel and that these are the end times,its good to promote the myth of being special,its worth lots of money and armaments.

Of all the bull# artists in US religious circles there currently only is ONE biblical charecter applicant that is Benny Hinn a semetic arab born in Israel other than that not one of them is an applicant to be anything 'special'.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Every generation throughout history has believed themselves to be the last. We feel like it will make our existence much more significant than those before us if we feel that we are the last humans that will ever exist. The fact of the matter is that pretty much all predictions that still remain today are so vague that they can be applied to any time, so when nothing happens people can just claim that the prophecy was misinterpreted and it can be used again ad infinitum. There's a reason why people who make predictions for specific dates are eventually seen as charlatans, while Nostradamus is heralded as a great prognosticator. Specific predictions never come true, while Nostradamus left everything vague and without dates, so that whenever a significant event occurs one of his quatrains can be stretched to make it appear that he was talking about that specific event.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Yeah I agree. Its like the cold-readings that fortune tellers do at the carnival almost. Be vague and touch on broad and common issues.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Yeah, and I don't even mean just the biblical predictions. Like the Hopi, Mayan, Hindu, Nostradamus, Cayce, etc., etc. People of this day just sort of assume it all must be talking to and about us!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I just have to say, I am surprised I haven't been "put in my place", and told why so many think these are the predicted "end days".

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

If you wish to be put in your place. Stop posting threads that use common sense and logic from the outset. It disarms the doomsayers.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm not touching the one whether it's us who will see the end of the world or not. Frankly, we'll see

But you asked what would we do if we knew that the end of the world will happen in 3000 years. We probably would try to leave them very clear message. But the world would change. I'm pretty sure that what was left after Mayans was clear and understood by them. It is us, who have problem with understanding because we live in the different world. Same could have happened in the future.
Just my thoughts.

EDIT: it just occured to me. People think it's us, because the paranoia has spread, so naturally everything bad must happen to us

[edit on 22-4-2010 by xiuhtecuhtli]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xiuhtecuhtli

I tend to kind of agree with you.
The last added part that is.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I am actually pretty sure that all the prophecies and revelations were about octopuses. I have no idea why people persist in thinking they are about us.

In all seriousness, the other poster(s) who said "ego" have it dead on. Its far too humbling to think that our lives and lifetimes are as meaningless as those of all the untold generations that came before us, and so we want to believe that we are the "chosen" generation for whom some God or Devil will come and put on a dog and pony show.

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The reason I would give is this. Matthew 24-14.

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

A simple application of Occam's razor to the verse and you can only come up with one conclusion. It's a completed prophecy. Which would mean the end is very close now.

Another problem. A nation of Israel exists in today's world. Such a nation is required for the verse of Matthew 24-15. Only Jews would rebuild a temple in Jerusalem now.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand.

And the last problem of Matthew 24. The generation. It says that the generation alive at the time of the first event of the end times would be there for the last. Considering that Israel became a state in 1948 the generation is at least 62 years along. then you have to add Psalms 90 into the mix.

Considering that Psalms 90 defines a lifetime as 70 to 80 years then there is only 17 years 9 months at the absolute max from now to the last event of the Apocalypse. The 1000 year reign of the saints of Revelation.

Something to think about eh?

[edit on 5-8-2010 by ntech]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It's simple, we are the chosen ones,chosen by ourselves that is.We want this more than any other generation and damn it if we want it we will get it, like a big slap in the face .

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
[edit on 5-8-2010 by Village Idiot]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
It's simple, we are the chosen ones,chosen by ourselves that is.We want this more than any other generation and damn it if we want it we will get it, like a big slap in the face .

That is something I really don't understand--why do people want this generation to experience possible destruction??

It is one thing to be think that prophesies point to this time and another (more disturbingly) to want them to happen. Why desire to see catastrophe? Just to say "I told you so, you sheeple didn't believe me" ??

edit for spelling

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join