It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA workers get laid off and aren't allowed to attend Obama's speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am not trying to make up anything here. The below interview is the theme that has been rarely reported on but constantly heard about "How Obama Town Hall events are rigged and only the CHEERLEADERS get invited".

Who knew MSNBC would come have had the cojones to step up, though they didn't do it on purpose. They just weren't ready for the interview.......

www.eyeblast.tv...

Hope & Change coming to a Job near you.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
and the dissident crowd grows a lil larger
every day. If they spoke up against Obama
at his speech, the MSM might have to label
them as terrorists.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Great find! How can a town hall meeting be a town hall meeting if it is by invitation only? This is really sad, and scary at the same time.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They didn't want those people to be filmed saying exactly what that guy said. He made promises and didn't keep them.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I live near the KSC and know quite a few workers out there on various programs. They found out the day BEFORE that Obama changed who he was speaking to. There were supposed to be be hundreds more and I was going to go too but NO he changed his mind because he only wanted to talk to those who arent losing their jobs. Everything he said is a lie, he could careless about going to Mars and he sure as hell doesnt care about the Space Program like he says.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If you listened to Michael Savage last Friday, he pinned the NASA dismantling by Obama, and the reasons why, which was concise and researched.

It is a disgrace what is going on. I feel for them.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The video posted here is very meaningful. Great job in finding it! It shows how Obama is a liar (as usual), of course under the influence of his administration.

In 2008, he claimed that NASA will receive billions within the next ten years. He disagreed with the idea of having to collaborate with Russia as a result as a lack of funds.

My uncle spent 30 years working on the Space Shuttle program since the day Rockwell received the contract to build it. He explained to me that this year will be the last Space Shuttle trip (Sept. 16th).

He also explained to me that since the US government loves to waste all their money on the useless wars, they now have to resort to the Russians for future trips to the space station.

Thank you Obama & Co.! Well done for preventing that from happening!

[edit on 18-4-2010 by MightyAl]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
That is disgusting. The lack of respect this man is giving towards the space program is pathetic. How can you expect a people to flourish and prosper in a new age when you deny them the very act of dreaming towards the stars. Obama is destroying an entire generation with a smile.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Just goes to show you what "Hope and Change" really meant. I mean come on, of the 9,000 people laid off not one was INVITED to attend the speech. What is it with invitations? Why do you have to be invited to hear a PUBLIC SERVANT speak, especially at your own workplace?

Silly Libs, come November your invitations for us to vote for you will be ignored also.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

No disagreeing here with the obvious facts, but it's not just liberals that do this.
www.foxnews.com...
An article about Bush and company aranging their twon-hall meeting audiences.

We should all keep bearing in mind that our govt is two sides of the same coin.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Well , of course they cant attend , how can laid off workers attend a when the speech centers around landing on a rock that we have no way of getting too any time in his administration? God what double speak, he lies in line with the lies about his lies.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

I thought you were going to say "how can laid off workers be invited to a meeting when they are no longer working there?"

This is the latest from David Icke's headlines as taken from PressTV, but that I prefer to read about at SPACE.com. Is this why they don't care about further development of the Space Shuttle? First I'd like to mention that it appears to be a space aircraft unmanner bomber:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - An Atlas booster is poised to hurl from Florida the reusable X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle into space — now projected to be an April 21 launch.

The X-37B orbital space plane, essentially a mini-shuttle, will be placed into Earth orbit and loiter in space for an unspecified period of time. It will then reenter for an auto-pilot landing at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, or at neighboring Edwards Air Force Base as back-up.

Not much else is known.

It's a tight-lipped affair, with its builder — Boeing Phantom Works — pledged to retain vocal silence on the flight — advising this reporter here that they "defer to the customer" — the Air Force Rapid Capabilities Office.

Feel free to watch the following video for a better understanding, thread viewers, and pay special attention to the attached information this video by the poster superiorgreen on the Youtube website.

This new X-37B is a military aircraft based on the former Nazi design, which would be very useful for keeping China under control etc. No wonder some news article was talking about the US being one weapon away from confronting China...hopefully I'll be able to find that article again...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by MightyAl]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I was just merely pointing out the promises made by then candidate Obama to the same NASA community about safeguarding their jobs and then axing it. Not just axing, but axing it without even having a chance to hear them out after doing so.

new topics

top topics

join