It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: EVP Field Processor unveiled and demonstrated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
news link

Video: EVP Field Processor unveiled and demonstrated
April 16, 10:01 PMParanormal News ExaminerRoger Marsh
Ghost hunting just got a little easier.

While the paranormal investigation field is exploding worldwide, little is reported about new field devices.

We reported here on April 6, that the American Paranormal Research Association was unveiling a new audio device that will take the Electronic Voice Phenonema "to the next level."

Now we have a live video demonstration of the device and news that it's available and on sale right now.

The group is accepting just the first 100 pre-orders at their Web site. Orders begin shipping May 15, 2010.

Gathering EVPs is one of the most exciting areas of paranormal investigation.
Here's what the group is saying about the device:

The EFP's amplification and filtering process is strictly related to the LED visual display and in no way alters recordings made while using the EFP."

The E.F.P. is a small size enclosure approx. (2.75 x 5.0 x 1.0). The E.F.P. has been tested and is commonly used by the American Paranormal Research Association, proving to be a valuable tool when conducting E.V.P. investigations. Its real time, high visibility Green with Red center LED display allows others to view E.V.P. responses easily in dark locations. This feature allows users the ability to capture E.V.P. evidence on video. The device has a white noise baseline adjustment allowing the user, to set the baseline level on the devices illuminated scale. This provides a visual reference to see in real time any addition or reduction of proprietary frequency noise. The E.F.P.s built in circuitry filters and amplifies input signals to extremely high levels allowing users to visually monitor E.V.P. responses at higher resolution. The input to the device has (1) 3.5mm stereo plug used to connect to any recording devices audio output (earphone). The E.F.P. also has (1) 3.5mm audio output which can be used for earphone or mp3 type speakers. The E.F.P. has a manual ON/OFF switch and built in push button portable single LED navigational light. The E.F.P. operates on one standard 9 volt battery. The current regulation circuitry in the device provides hours of use.

*Bright illuminated scale for dark locations

*Calibrated white noise baseline adjustment dial

*Displays E.V.P.s above and below baseline

*Visually displays hard to hear E.V.P.s in real time

*Earphone or mp3 speaker jack

*Prevents E.V.P. errors with highly sensitive display

*Standard 9volt battery compartment

*Great for reviewing or presenting E.V.P. data to large numbers

*Great learning tool for the beginner and the professional

*Portable, attaches to most recorders

The E.F.P. is intended to be used by professional investigators and does not include recording device. It is designed to be used in conjunction with any recording device that has 3.5mm output.

Watch the video and see what you think. Commentary by Michael Rudie. Music by Brandon Alvis
with this device, you would be able to tell if there are ghosts talking ? I'd like to hear the reviews of those with enough cash to throw away. $145 plus shipping comes up to $151.95. Too rich for my taste; times are tough

[edit on 18-4-2010 by reject]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The question is, how good does the device work?

How much % of the white noise can it filter out?

White noise IMO, is the biggest stumbling block in getting decent EVP.

We will see how it performs in the upcoming year I suppose.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
The question is, how good does the device work?

How much % of the white noise can it filter out?

White noise IMO, is the biggest stumbling block in getting decent EVP.

We will see how it performs in the upcoming year I suppose.

I agree about the biggest stumbling block. I for one am excited to see what people do with this machine.

new topics

join