It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnotized by politics and commercials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
People like Richard Bandler en.wikipedia.org... and Derren Brown en.wikipedia.org... could hypnotize you , me, and just about anyone else and nobody would ever see it coming; provided that a rapport was first established with the unconscious mind. Once a rapport is established with someone's unconscious mind it is easy to influence their states according to one Milton Erickson. en.wikipedia.org... His work is the basis for NLP.
TPTB have something equivalent to an army of NLP trained Derren Browns. And they have unlimited resources.
Commericals themselves are a form of hypnosis and induce a mild state of trance. Ever wonder why the songs from commercials you heard as a child are still in your head?
The argument; "Well 'if you hear something enough" would be one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is that people are always trancing from one state to another, it's part of being sentient, and the trances induced from politicians and commercials are just getting mixed in with all of it

[edit on 18-4-2010 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

In which case it is very easy for TPTB to manipulate us. And it's based on stuff that is quite complex and the majority of people have no clue about.
There's no reason to fear Richard Bandler or Derren Brown. It's what TPTB are most likely doing with people of their caliber and the skillset they are using to do what they do.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
In which case it is very easy for TPTB to manipulate us.

Not if you're like me.

I haven't owned a telly in ten years, choose what I read and where I get my news and do NOT permit myself to be bombarded with adverts telling me what I need and how good all their cr*p is.

TPTB are simply using the weaknesses of the masses to take advantage.

Luckily there are some of us who don't jump when they say "jump!"

Chuck out the telly!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I probably catch about 5 minutes of TV a week. The other day I sat down and watched a show with some people and I couldn't stand it. Commercial after commercial all trying to sell you something, all wanting your money. I was like , "jesus this is rediculous."

I can't even stand watching TV anymore having not had one in so long.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Not all of us jump when they say jump, exactly! It's totally and completely different from when Van Halen sings it

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by doped00

I know. Commercials are so ridiculous. They suck. And t.v. is definitely a huge vortex for this hypnotic programming to enter the mind. I should call it a delivering agent , actually. I shall call t.v a delivering agent from now on. T.V. delivers the programming that I'm writing about now.
Thanks ya'll on this thread for mentioning the t.v. I mean the delivering agent.

top topics

join