It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Solid Advice for a Sweet Little Boy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
This sounds pretty serious, and considering this is dealing with a child, wouldn't the best advice be to go and seek professional medical consulting?

Not trying to sound terribly negative, but a forum, especially one of this nature, should not be used as replacement to professional medical advice.

No one here can be held responsible for whatever advice they give you.

Some home remedies or tips sure. But my advice would be to go to doctor first.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Just a few more good for the nervous system...

Celery juice and celery seeds
Vegetarian B Vitamin Complex
Vegetarian DHA, Avocado, and Pecans (all omega 3 sources)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

I know that! I am just looking for new ideas, the doctors seem to have ran out of those. We have to depend on Medicaid, so getting a real professional in the field is harder than it looks, we have to travel to another State, some 400 miles away. Again we both thank you all, but please keep those ideas and advice coming, we need all we can get.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Did he have hydrocephalus at birth, and has he ever had a shunt ?

Speaking from personal experience as someone with SB, I had hydrocephalus at birth...Fortunately the doctors looking after me advised my parents to wait and see if it receded on its own before taking drastic action...Which it did, and I suffered no permanent neurological damage as a result, apart from the damage to my spine caused by the SB itself...

I had a recurrence of hydrocephalus at approximately age 8-9 with all the resultant neurological symptoms...This too disappeared of its own accord after 6 mths or so...

Its possible pressure as a result of hydrocephalus may be affecting certain parts of the brain thus causing the symptoms you describe...

Or it may be none of the above...Just putting it out there for your consideration

All the best with yourselves and your little guy for the future and I know he'll grow up as lucky and blessed as I did with parents like the ones he has

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Did he have hydrocephalus at birth, and has he ever had a shunt?
Yes he had Hydrocephalus at birth but he never had a shunt put into him at all. I'm going to call his family doctor or I'm going to call Children Hospital and get him an appt with them and tell them what is going on with them.
Thank you for all of you who is giving us a good advice.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinkerbell79

Yes he had Hydrocephalus at birth but he never had a shunt put into him at all. I'm going to call his family doctor or I'm going to call Children Hospital and get him an appt with them and tell them what is going on with them.

In that case, definitely have him looked at by a neurologist...Maybe a CAT scan or MRI is in order to see what's going on there...

That's what they did with me when I got it again at age 8-9, a CAT scan...They told my folks to let it go for a month or two, and fortunately it resolved itself...

Hopefully this will happen in your case as well

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mountainmeg
I second Maybe...Maybe Not that a pediatric neurologist is probably a good bet.

Mountainmeg.....

I know the 2 words sound very much the same.....

.....I said "neuroradiologist", not "neurologist".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retrovertigo

In that case, definitely have him looked at by a neurologist...Maybe a CAT scan or MRI is in order to see what's going on there...

That's what they did with me when I got it again at age 8-9, a CAT scan...They told my folks to let it go for a month or two, and fortunately it resolved itself...

Hopefully this will happen in your case as well

Retrovertigo.....

I think you are also mixing up those 2 similar sounding words

It's a "neuroradiologist" that will image those things, not a "neurologist".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tinkerbell79

Tinkerbell79.....

Thank you for posting that additional information, which now suggests some parallels with a situation I am close to.

I have some information which might possibly be useful, but I would prefer to pursue it by U2U.

If you would like to do that, please let me know.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I'm not able to u2 because I don't have enough posts yet.
Thank u

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

When I get even post.
I would love to hear what you have to say.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Tinkerbell79.....

Why don't you make yourself an "introduction" on ATS in the new members introduction forum?

That can be a good way to meet some people & also increase your post count.

Here's the link......just select "new thread" & say "hi"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thank you I will do that right now.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Tinkerbell79.....

I have U2U'd the information to you.

I hope it is helpful.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.....it's a really complex area & if I'm on the right track, I know from hard experience it's not well understood by many Dr's.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
When did you send me the information? The reason why I'm asking you is because my computer has been down for three or four days and I'm just getting it back up and running. If I didn't get the information would you please resend it u2u it to me again.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Tinkerbell79.....

I U2U'd you my thoughts on Thursday 29 April.

I can still see the U2U marked "unread" in my "outbox".

You should be able to the U2U marked "unread" in your "inbox".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I just seen the information that you sent to me. I got every thing I need and I want to thank you for helping my son and I out to tell his doctor what is going on with my son. The information will be very helpful and I thank you again.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I just seen the information that you sent to me. I got every thing I need and I want to thank you for helping my son and I out to tell his doctor what is going on with my son. The information will be very helpful and I thank you again.

Tinkerbell79.....

You are very welcome & I hope it helps.

I know from hard years of experience..... those issues are not well understood, so you should seek at least a second opinion if you are bounced back at first pass.

Please feel very free to stay in contact.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Yes, and thank you all from me too. I love this little boy with all my heart, and he is real smart too. Now we know what to ask the doctors. Thanks!

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Yes, and thank you all from me too. I love this little boy with all my heart, and he is real smart too. Now we know what to ask the doctors. Thanks!

Autowrench.....

Thank you for your kind & positve words.

But please keep in mind this is not definitive.

However I do believe it is very worthy of investigation.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join