It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sign Of 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Good Day ATS, this may be a dumb and very invalid observation but a ton of major earthquakes have been happening lately, and with this volcanic eruption in Iceland I just can't help but wonder if this isn't a sign of the apocalyptic events possibly about to happen in 2012.

Please comment, I wanna know what you guys think, thanks!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
might be a forewarning of things to come, might be nothing at all.

who knows really.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dave157
might be a forewarning of things to come, might be nothing at all.

who knows really.

Thanks for clearing that one up

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

And what might those Apocalyptic events be that you and others are
so worried about?

If anything, all of the earthquakes and volcanoes just could be the
things described in the Bible about end times. That surely is no more
preposterous than the continued freaking out about 2012.

And besides, we just happen to have tons of earthquakes and a few
volcanos spewing on a yearly basis. It just seems like more of them
because we are able to communicate around the world at the speed
of light. Surely 2012 is going to come, but don't fret, the world will be
here the next year and the next. Then again, some of us just might be
Raptured and not have to post on here anymore. Wouldn't that be cool?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I wonder what the pre-historic humans thought when all of the earthquakes and volcanic events were happening then. Better yet, what about when Pangaea broke off into its many pieces what did those ancient species think?

I think our third rock from the sun has been through several "2012"s and most of us just like to think of them as cyclical events.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Of course, as Nibiru draws nigh the increasing gravitational pull of Nibiru will continue to pull on our planet perhaps causing an earthquake here and there. Perhaps.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Don't freak out, friend. Yes, it is a sign that the world as we know it is coming to the end of a cycle. This is not a sad thing, our Great Mother is very sick, and really needs to shake off all that mankind has forced upon Her. There will be many more signs before all is done. Anyone seen the film "2012" yet? I would say it comes pretty close that what we are in for. Know this, though, we are Spirits, not human beings, we just ride around in one. We all all Immortal.
so sit back, pop open a cold one, and watch the end with a smile on your face.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Don't freak out, friend. Yes, it is a sign that the world as we know it is coming to the end of a cycle. This is not a sad thing, our Great Mother is very sick, and really needs to shake off all that mankind has forced upon Her. There will be many more signs before all is done. Anyone seen the film "2012" yet? I would say it comes pretty close that what we are in for. Know this, though, we are Spirits, not human beings, we just ride around in one. We all all Immortal.
so sit back, pop open a cold one, and watch the end with a smile on your face.

And you know this how?
Please don't say aliens told you, please...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Could all this activity just simply be a sign of an active planet? I mean that's what Earth is...right?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
www.alertnet.org...

- To the untrained eye, it may seem like an unusually high number of earthquakes has occurred in 2010, including fatal tremors in Haiti, Chile, Mexico and China. But scientists from the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) say the level of earthquake activity is nothing out of the ordinary.

According to USGS, an average of 16 earthquakes of magnitude 7 or greater - the size seismologists define as major - has happened worldwide every year since since 1900.

The number varies considerably, with some years counting as few as six - as in 1986 and 1989 - while 1943 had 32.

But with six major quakes striking in the first four months of this year, the scientific organisation says 2010 "is well within the normal range".

This year has been remarkable in the number of earthquakes in close succession that have had human impacts,”

So nothing out of the ordinary they have just hit more populated spots than usual.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by ker2010]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

well maybe! it's a sign. depends on how you interpret scripture and
what's going on. It ( the Bible )
talks about the beginning of sorrows but the end is not yet. There will
be those who don't want to talk about this for they see that there is nothing they can do about it anyway. So, caution is advised..just be
ready as you can for anything...and if the proverbial storm passes
you by be gladthat you can enjoy another ordinary day. You can come
up with some sad scenarios ( spelling ? ) your mind can come up with the idea maybe 2012 happens AFTER we fall as a country. Not a pretty picture.
Thought of that myself after listening to just a little of what Hawk had
to say via a Steve Quayle youtube video. These guys could scare the
hairs off a dog's tail. Nobody knows !! and everybody has opinions
and maybe some snake oil to sell to boot.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Every generation will live through multiple end of time scenarios. This is just one of them.

Yes there are alot of reported natural disasters at the moment but look back into our history and far worse things have happened.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Could all this activity just simply be a sign of an active planet? I mean that's what Earth is...right?

Now you`re just talking crazy!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I think people are just noticing these things a lot more these days and taking note due to 2012 approaching and all the hoopla surrounding that date. People are hard coded these days to think "2012 is gonna be the end of days as we all know it, or an extreme change of the times" or even a fresh start. So people are automatically thinking that *something* will happen in 2012, whether its good or bad.....or if anything even happens at all.

When in fact, these are normal occurrences that have been happening since forever ago. If all this happened back in 1977, people would just chalk it up as a major disaster and move on without a blink.

Look at it like you knowing you will die within the next week - You know will die, you just dunno when. You will be constantly looking for signs of your impending death and searching for ways to avoid it and in turn, you'll be noticing a lot of things that you never noticed before.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Nice, I like this theory. I think il steal it.

Brave

new topics

top topics

join