It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many obsurd threads

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly

This is not a rant nor is this is thread for enticing flame wars but I really feel that this site is dying with all the loonies on here.

What are your thoughts ATSers

I think threads about the validity of other threads are less entertaining than threads about aliens and thus have less value to me personally.

You would have to include useful information in a thread that complained about the other threads for it to have more than a pssing purpose for replying with a random comment that complained about threads that complained about other threads.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Wobbly Anomaly]

Then why bother posting in here then?? Wow.....

Because, by complaining about your thread which complained about other threads i believe i have injected a bit more humor (and thus the entertainment of which i spoke) into your thread which merely complained about other threads. Also by doing so i think i have transformed your mere complaints into a work of modern art that questions the validity and use of memetic engineering.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Great! Look forward to it.

Wish I had more time to do this too.

Someday, time will allow...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Here is what I advocate. Press the ignore button on people who resort to flaming and shallow behavior.

Sincerely, I think some people deserve it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
but isnt the whole ATS thing a freedom of expression of thoughts that isnt controlled by someone. i personally just skip the threads that i might consider uhh not my taste.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I rarely make it a point to put in my two cents but in this case I must. The OP suggested that MODS be given the power to CENSOR the material that the users submit. The entire purpose for this website is to DENY IGNORANCE not to CENSOR it. In my opinion it would go against the very essence of the website to CENSOR the material that users wish to submit. As a daily subscriber to this website I would lean towards agreeing with you on the importance and relevancy of some of the content posted lately. However, as someone has already stated that the content varies from time to time and from my time here I must agree that it gets better and worse with the various members of the site inputting their own FREE IDEAS. The idea of CENSORSHIP on a site such as this is...for lack of a better word...ridiculous. I personally enjoy all the content of this site from the mundane to the true conspiracy. I am confident the creators and moderators of this site would agree with my thoughts on this matter.

LifENcircleS

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Ok, so I look under your profile, and THIS thread is your example of what is better than what you are complaining about?

First of all, you just joined ATS, secondly, anybody else who looks at your intro thread will find this funny also, because in the bottom of that thread you are thanking EVERYBODY and glowing about being able to participate here.

I have come to a couple of conclusions about you

either you are bored as hell on the airforce base, and are trolling because you have nothing better to do.

or

you are too lazy to show some of us how you think it should be done, by presenting a thread of your own that will blow us all away.

If you don't like the quality of the threads you are reading, why don't you make some of your own?

Also, I have read this before dozens of times, presented to complainers like you....nobody is forcing you to be here and read any threads at all, and if you can't find anything of interest on this entire site, then that is your problem!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Then there are the really good threads that no one seems to see or respond to and add to the discussion. Then there are those threads that are from some seriously left field thought, but get you to thinking that there just might be something to it after all.

Sure there are some really bad threads out there, but there are far more threads that didn't interest me than bad ones. All a matter of perspective, I guess.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
To be honest I thoroughly enjoy some of the more 'out there' threads. The ones that annoy me are the threads that include a crappy (obviously fake) YouTube video of a UFO, with absolutely no other information or reflection by the author.

They are the pointless ones.

However, after fighting my way through a big thread about how the Illuminati are evil and out to kill us all, there is nothing I like more than to peruse a thread about someone having a conversation with a tree or a moth or some kind of Hollow Earth 'magma man'

If it's in 'Skunk Works' or 'My Story' then all bets are off. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by Reign02

Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Ok, so I look under your profile, and THIS thread is your example of what is better than what you are complaining about?

First of all, you just joined ATS, secondly, anybody else who looks at your intro thread will find this funny also, because in the bottom of that thread you are thanking EVERYBODY and glowing about being able to participate here.

I have come to a couple of conclusions about you

either you are bored as hell on the airforce base, and are trolling because you have nothing better to do.

or

you are too lazy to show some of us how you think it should be done, by presenting a thread of your own that will blow us all away.

If you don't like the quality of the threads you are reading, why don't you make some of your own?

Also, I have read this before dozens of times, presented to complainers like you....nobody is forcing you to be here and read any threads at all, and if you can't find anything of interest on this entire site, then that is your problem!

if you read my OP you would know that I have been lurking on here for many years without an account....... maybe you should read the OP before commenting ............flamer

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Please people.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, no ?

Let's keep it Friendly and On Topic Please.

No need for personal sniping.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
the first thing i noticed after i read your post(theoriginalpost) was that you joined in 2010..

that being said, i was surprised because alot of these new loonies as you put it are 2010 and 2009ers hahah no offense to you it's just some ugly generation or something

i've noticed this also

[edit on 4/18/2010 by indigothefish]

[edit on 4/18/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

if you read my OP you would know that I have been lurking on here for many years without an account....... maybe you should read the OP before commenting ............flamer

Yep, I did see that. Since when does a long time of lurking qualify you to get an account just to complain?

You are part of the problem you are complaining about, and you know it!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I just joined ATS too. I been hangin around here for a while but this is my first post

I agree that there are a lot of crazy posts on ATS. But quite frankly, its all entertaining! It may be hard to agree with a lot of the ideas that are posted. But if you find something that you just absolutely don't want to agree with, ignore it. Just remember that people speak their mind for a reason. It never hurt anyone to believe in something crazy. I believe in aliens, and I really hope to find some truly convincing evidence. anyways to me, aliens are real until proven not real. The threads you should be arguing on, are the ones that you have an inkling about. If you totally disagree with something, its usually hard to convince the other people to change their minds, so its useless to argue. But it is definitely healthy to argue with people you may end up agreeing with. Thats what is awesome about forums like this. Subscribe to and keep up with the threads that you like!

[edit on 18-4-2010 by jolly]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crash override
i always like the ones that they need help figuring the mystery scar on there body.

sorry couldnt help myself

Oddly, I HAD one of those. And it was one of the very few times someone outside the family was in on one of those oddball things that all too often happens around one of us, the ones you can't dismiss as hypnogogic dreams, anyway.

Being a staunch empiricist, I just showed it to Dad and asked 'Hey, WTF is this, ya think?', and we both dismissed it. Eventually it went away.

Maybe there ought to be a "cognitive dissonance" thread.

Well, there was the weird ball lightning thing, that had TOO many witnesses outside the family; I had to explain that one for a month. You'd be AMAZED at the amount of paperwork something like that can generate.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Yep, I did see that. Since when does a long time of lurking qualify you to get an account just to complain?

You are part of the problem you are complaining about, and you know it!

A little over 3 years and I'm not complaining I am just stating how the quality of posts has decreased over the years. And it is people like you who flame threads... you are now ignored, I do not have time for little kids like you goodbye

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

all the volcano threads and earthquakes caused by HAARP, the Obama from Kenya threads, I am an alien threads, military bashing threads when most people have no clue what the military is like nor do they know how Iraq and Afghanistan is, most of the 2012 threads, how eurpean airports are shut down and it's a big conspiracy, and the 9-11 no planes and nuke theories.

There are many more, I just thought I would post a few off the top of my head.

Well I suggest starting your own more censored forum and see how you like suppressing freedom of information. Most people would quit any forum that did that.

What you find absurd, others are very interesting in exploring, or sharing, depending on what category of thread you deem to consider should comply with your ideas, or that you think others, such as mods should approve.

Sound like you're a real NWO type guy to me.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I will go out on a limb and take a stab at what I think the OP is trying to get across, and it has to do with a change ATS made awhile back.

At one point in the recent past, ATS decided to do away with how your public profile was displayed and moved to the infamous blue contribution level bar that we see now. The management's view was that they wanted to award those people who contributed content to the site. Much discussion and hand wringing followed the announcement with one point being made (one that I agreed with and commented on) that individuals would now take any opportunity to flood the site with any little news flash that they unearthed, hoping that every once in awhile one would "stick", get flags, and their little blue bar would glow in glory.

I still visit regularly and appreciate the fact that ATS exists. I just have to sort through a bunch of crap for useful info that may interest me at the moment. I even play a little game to see how long it takes for some news story, however obscure, to appear as a post.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by zlots331]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

all the volcano threads and earthquakes caused by HAARP, the Obama from Kenya threads, I am an alien threads, military bashing threads when most people have no clue what the military is like nor do they know how Iraq and Afghanistan is, most of the 2012 threads, how eurpean airports are shut down and it's a big conspiracy, and the 9-11 no planes and nuke theories.

There are many more, I just thought I would post a few off the top of my head.

Well I suggest starting your own more censored forum and see how you like suppressing freedom of information. Most people would quit any forum that did that.

What you find absurd, others are very interesting in exploring, or sharing, depending on what category of thread you deem to consider should comply with your ideas, or that you think others, such as mods should approve.

Sound like you're a real NWO type guy to me.

W/e I am done with this thread if everyone is just going to bash on people and talk about censoring and what not. Mod please close this thread people can't just read and post their thoughts without attacking the the OP. Another one of my points proved.

And by the way suppressing disinformation is what this is all about!! and the poster above me also hit what I am trying to say.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I have been here on ATS lurking for a few years and at first I really loved this site, now recently I created an account and it seems to be going down hill. The quality of threads on this site has slowly begun to hit the crapper so to speak.

Sounds like a complaint to me.

It's all a conspiracy, I tell 'ya! Imagine that, the site just happened to get crappy once you got an account!

It would be nice if before a thread is posted that a Mod had to approve the thread to weed out the insanly stupid ones. I know that everyone has their own opinions on conspiracies and all but some of the latest ones are just asinine. I am sure there are a lot of quality members on this site that would agree with my statements.

Sounds like a rather insulting complaint to me, not only of some of your fellow members, but of the Mods. How about making a suggestion, instead of degrading everyone but whom you consider to be quality members? If you've been lurking for 3 years, you should know there is an area set up for questions and suggestions.

A lot of members unknown to themselves are the ones actually creating disinformation and fear mongering. These members are slowly but surley taking this site from a place where great and creative minds can come to conspire and talk about current events, to a site filled with crap conspiracies that have not even a hint of evidence.

You have the option of pointing out their flawed disinformation in the thread, or you can U2U them with your dissaproval. If they don't know they are doing it, perhaps they have no idea that you consider their work crappy.

Suspicion is not evidence and is not proof of something. Everything that happens in this world is posted on this site with the intentions of creating a conspiracy off of it. Not everything in this world is a conspiracy! Believe it or not things do happen naturally.

I am sure you have evidence of this statement by way of proof, now don't you?

This is not a rant nor is this is thread for enticing flame wars but I really feel that this site is dying with all the loonies on here.

Maybe it's the way you worded it, but some how with your saying crap as often as you do, my own personal opinion is that you did create a rant.

edit to try and fix quotes

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
ATS is pretty much open to all....and when you do that, you take the good with the bad... just like an open society. When we start to become exclusive, we then lose some of the character and flavor and diversity that creates a dynamic outlet.

Frankly, the way ATS is set up, I merely scroll down...find the subjects that interest me, and read,,,and maybe reply. The ones I don't find enjoyable, interesting or "just stupid", I simply ignore.... isn't it great, using your own intellect to make choices.

C'est la vie, mon frer.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join