It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many obsurd threads

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have been here on ATS lurking for a few years and at first I really loved this site, now recently I created an account and it seems to be going down hill. The quality of threads on this site has slowly begun to hit the crapper so to speak.

It would be nice if before a thread is posted that a Mod had to approve the thread to weed out the insanly stupid ones. I know that everyone has their own opinions on conspiracies and all but some of the latest ones are just asinine. I am sure there are a lot of quality members on this site that would agree with my statements.

A lot of members unknown to themselves are the ones actually creating disinformation and fear mongering. These members are slowly but surley taking this site from a place where great and creative minds can come to conspire and talk about current events, to a site filled with crap conspiracies that have not even a hint of evidence. Suspicion is not evidence and is not proof of something. Everything that happens in this world is posted on this site with the intentions of creating a conspiracy off of it. Not everything in this world is a conspiracy! Believe it or not things do happen naturally.

This is not a rant nor is this is thread for enticing flame wars but I really feel that this site is dying with all the loonies on here.

What are your thoughts ATSers

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I agree. in the short time i've been here, I've noticed a huge change in the rationality in threads.

It's to bad too...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Do you mean like my Yoplait thread?

Anyway, I cannot say if I agree or not.

Will you give some example threads, demonstrating what you mean by absurd threads, and why?

That would help give more to debate and discuss.

The concept could make an interesting debate. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
It would be nice if before a thread is posted that a Mod had to approve the thread to weed out the insanly stupid ones.

You do realize that there are over 190,000 members and 548,313 total topic plus more. It would be a near impossible job for the staff to commit to due to the high volume a threads created per diem.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
all the volcano threads and earthquakes caused by HAARP, the Obama from Kenya threads, I am an alien threads, military bashing threads when most people have no clue what the military is like nor do they know how Iraq and Afghanistan is, most of the 2012 threads, how eurpean airports are shut down and it's a big conspiracy, and the 9-11 no planes and nuke theories.

There are many more, I just thought I would post a few off the top of my head.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by groomlake9

It would be nice if before a thread is posted that a Mod had to approve the thread to weed out the insanly stupid ones.

You do realize that there are over 190,000 members and 548,313 total topic plus more. It would be a near impossible job for the staff to commit to due to the high volume a threads created per diem.

True but it wouldn't be that difficult to have mulitple Mods incharge of the same boards. Just have more Mods I guess

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I have been here on ATS lurking for a few years and at first I really loved this site, now recently I created an account and it seems to be going down hill. The quality of threads on this site has slowly begun to hit the crapper so to speak.

Take heart...the threads run in cycles and all it takes is for a few intelligent postings or discussions for things to turn over.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So in other words anything you disagree with you want removed right? Thats not how a forum works.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I actually found that thread very interesting I just didn't have anything to contribute to it

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

all the volcano threads and earthquakes caused by HAARP, the Obama from Kenya threads, I am an alien threads, military bashing threads when most people have no clue what the military is like nor do they know how Iraq and Afghanistan is, most of the 2012 threads, how eurpean airports are shut down and it's a big conspiracy, and the 9-11 no planes and nuke theories.

I've got an idea, why don't we shut the place down to please you.

link   

Originally posted by alienseeker
So in other words anything you disagree with you want removed right? Thats not how a forum works.

No that is not what I said, I said that some things need to be weeded out that supply no evidence nor proof of any thing the OP posts.

link   
i always like the ones that they need help figuring the mystery scar on there body.

sorry couldnt help myself

link   
reply to post by Reign02

I think you are misinterpreting what this website is all about. View the About page.

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics with an impressive demographic mix of members.

This is, after all, a conspiracy theory website. There will always be theories you don't want to talk about, to you they might be trash, to others they might be treasure.

That is the great thing about this website, there is so much to talk about.

link   

This is not a rant nor is this is thread for enticing flame wars but I really feel that this site is dying with all the loonies on here.

I think threads about the validity of other threads are less entertaining than threads about aliens and thus have less value to me personally.

You would have to include useful information in a thread that complained about the other threads for it to have more than a passing purpose for replying with a random comment that complained about threads that complained about other threads.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Wobbly Anomaly]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Not to derail in any way, but to just bring up a point... who is anyone to decide to or not to limit someones speech or opinion?

I'm personally extremely dismayed by the shallowness of peoples rational in my opinion and I wish people could start using more common sense, yet open-mindedness and consideration at the same time, but who am I to say someone shouldn't be able to post a thread on what they believe?

link   

Originally posted by haterproof

I've got an idea, why don't we shut the place down to please you.

WOW here we go........... Did you not read the bottom of my first post. STOP trying to start a flame war...... Grow up, I was just stating how the threads are getting pretty far fetched now days....

link   

Perhaps you missed the point of *it's a conspiracy site*

However, I will agree that it would be nice to have more threads that are heavily researched, well put together and presented in a more scholarly fashion... but 'eh... walk the walk, right? If that's what you want to see, than get to it and create them or others of your liking/interest.

Peace

[edit on 18-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

But sometimes proof is not accessible and you might have to go by someones word sometimes. It might be a lie or false info but it might not it's hard to say really.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly

I think threads about the validity of other threads are less entertaining than threads about aliens and thus have less value to me personally.

You would have to include useful information in a thread that complained about the other threads for it to have more than a pssing purpose for replying with a random comment that complained about threads that complained about other threads.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Wobbly Anomaly]

Then why bother posting in here then?? Wow.....

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Perhaps you missed the point of *it's a conspiracy site*

However, I will agree that it would be nice to have more threads that are heavily researched, well put together and presented in a more scholarly fashion... but 'eh... walk the walk, right? If that's what you want to see, than get to it and create them or others of your liking/interest.

Peace

[edit on 18-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

Thank you for not flaming up this thread. And I am currently working on a couple threads but unlike most on this site I will have completed extensive research on mine before presenting something that could be shot down and trashed by ATS immediatley.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join