It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear Skies In EU.... Volcanic Dust, But NO CLOUDS... WHY??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I have to say that this has bugged me for the past few days....

WE have had no clouds over the West Midlands in the UK... Well, we have had a few that soon dissapear, but mostly blue skies with a dust haze on the the horizon...

I know through my studies...... (as a soldier I had plenty of spare time on my hands so I have a few degrees in earth sciences thanks to the Open University..... I was bored)... I know that clouds are formed BECAUSE of dust acting as a nuclei ... And that combined with the moisture we have in the UK rising into the atmosphere... No cloud formation is present... This is bollocks..... Along with the cloud formation we should have some pretty great thunder storms too with the amount of supposed dust we have...

Im not a weather expert... Just going off what I was taught at uni... Hope someone can put me right!!

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Yissachar1]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Probably a high pressure system is over the area. Check your barometer.

Here is the visibility index:
www.wunderground.com...

[edit on 4/18/2010 by Pharyax]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
High pressure system or not, the volcanic dust will attract all the water molecules in the air preventing clouds from forming or by dissipating existing ones.
No conspiracy here.
cheers. ATA

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Could the heat of the volcanic ash have dispersed the clouds moisture particles?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The presence of dust is not the only prerequisite for cloud formation. Surely someone with a few degress in the earth sciences would know that.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Longtimegone

Dude I do... However there is a lot of moisture about by trans evaporation because of the heat alone... but no clouds....

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Longtimegone

It does when there is moisture.... And here there is loads... It aint the sahara..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

We had a cold, windy and typically dour Scottish day where the sun hid behind grey clouds and it even rained pretty hard for a while too. Normally I would not be too bothered but I was sea kayaking with three others in the firth of forth all day today. A combination of highly changeable grim weather and strong tides has pretty much crippled me and my lower back is creaking like a barn door thanks to a spectacular capsize into near freezing water the day before.

At least there were no aircraft sounds to ruin the trip just two extra lumps to keep my Adams apple company.

Anyway one thing I have noticed (and to confirm your own report) since this whole volcano drama is that the horizon on all points of the compass seems to be shrouded in haze all the time, a haze so strong that clouds disappear into it even when the sun is shining (quite beautiful). It is too early to say if it is related to the ash clouds or even if this haze is the ash cloud but still, I cannot say I have noticed such weird looking haze before.

Earth quakes and now Volcanoes, ash clouds and now grounded flights, I am starting to wonder about these mythical underground bases that some governments have been purported to be building!

Nah, surely not – I cannot believe it yet but that said I am having some wild fantasies regarding recent events

Still, everyone is going about their business as if all the UK has not been grounded by deadly silica laden dust from a volcano a thousand miles to the North West as if such events happen every year rather than never in all of modern UK history. I am even starting to think that if Edinburgh’s Arthurs seat came back to life overnight and buried Edinburgh in ash and magma such an event would only make second news to the main story surrounding Simon Cowel or some other overload of celebrity nonsense.

On a separate note: I just washed my car last week and now it has a fine dust on it again, someone should inform Iceland that unless it stops with this volcano and ash nonsense there might be a need to start looking for some weapons of mass destruction – just kidding Iceland we love ya, thinking about you but please - someone put a cork in it

[edit on 18-4-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
I have to say that this has bugged me for the past few days....

WE have had no clouds over the West Midlands in the UK... Well, we have had a few that soon dissapear, but mostly blue skies with a dust haze on the the horizon...

I know through my studies...... (as a soldier I had plenty of spare time on my hands so I have a few degrees in earth sciences thanks to the Open University..... I was bored)... I know that clouds are formed BECAUSE of dust acting as a nuclei ... And that combined with the moisture we have in the UK rising into the atmosphere... No cloud formation is present... This is bollocks..... Along with the cloud formation we should have some pretty great thunder storms too with the amount of supposed dust we have...

Im not a weather expert... Just going off what I was taught at uni... Hope someone can put me right!!

Clouds are not formed because of dust, clouds form due to ions attracting water molecules in the atmosphere.

www.thunderbolts.info...

Volcanoes are also an electrical event.

www.thunderbolts.info...

Given that, a massive charge release from a volcano might neutralize the surrounding ions preventing cloud formation.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Any electrical charge phenomina, ahead of this apparently very slow moving wall of volcanic dust,, if have ash on your car it is there already and u are breathing it,, it is microscopic, wear a mask u got for the swine flue, it will do the job, but besides that could this rolling eletric charge be drawing all the cloud formations too it. After all the absence of something is also proof.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Clouds can be formed even by dandruff......... No joke.... If that is not true then I had better get another degree from Oxford.... Not that it matters coz I cant even get a job lifting heavy weights in browns britain.... Just interest fom the vulcanism..... Btw im about to be a psychiatric nurse.....mmmmmnnn.. you know..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Hmmmmnnn... We should be having some amzing electrical storms by now...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Heya!
I guess we should also take in consideration the altitude of the volcanic cloud. As I understood, it is around 6000-7000 meters. It could also simply be a coincidence - just several days of good weather
you better enjoy as they do not happen very often in the UK ..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Nah... We get good weather....

Just wating for the thunder storms...... BTW that is what supoosed to happen with increased cloud... No inceased clouds........ Or they are happening now.... Hmnnnnn....

Use the swartz.....

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have noticed the haze, too.
Also, the other night, without all those planes flying around, I saw a huge green shooting star over London. Very pretty.

top topics

join