It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*The 10 Commandments of Mother Earth*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If you have any care for the sphere that offers you life, food, and shelter....you will watch this and pass it on to someone.

Its time to move mountains people!

Its time to make this world have a future and stop thinking and acting like our planets future doesnt matter.

For the children of our world....

Edit to give credit and thanks to the channel of 'Humanityhealing'

[edit on 18-4-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I don't really know what to think of it. I don't see that many problems with planet earth at the moment, nothing's really wrong but videos like this one gives the impression earth could implode any second. Earth's fine and the planet will still spin in a million years, i bet on that.

And some of these rules are a bit weird:

Isn't the third rule basically against the food chain and "small animal gets eaten by large animal because it's larger and better than the smaller one"?

And how should i "give thanks" to my food"? Should i build an altar for the steak i had at dinner tonight?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
I don't really know what to think of it. I don't see that many problems with planet earth at the moment,

Try opening your eyes. You're either young or just naive to think we dont have many problems on Earth as mankind. The list is endless.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by FermiFlux]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

You dont think there is anything wrong with the idea that soon all drinking water will be filled with chemicals or that we have an imbalance of who receives the Earths goods and who does not (should there even be a 'does not')? What about all the seeds and animals be pump full of chemicals? The air we breath....do you really see it as getting cleaner....or worse for us to breath...on the path that we are on with burning our fuels the way we do?

There are better ways...we are learning that Earth can supply us with natural means of Energy. Why should one country come into another country and rip it of its resources and leave them poor while doing so?

Where do you think all of our trash goes? Do you think it will just disappear in the land fills?

We have the wisdom and knowledge of how to take better care of our home...one by one, it can make a difference. Look at all the foil, plastics, foams, ect....that we still use all of the time. Do you know how long it takes for this stuff to disintegrate? Do you know how long it takes for today's modern diapers (unlike the cloth reusable) to disintegrate?

Our conveniences have allowed us to ignore obvious things. We like things to be easy and ways to even make it easier. This isnt the 'right' thing though.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

Giving thanks is just giving back to life itself, be it the Earth, be it replanting a plant that you have taken and used of, be it cleaning up a shore line at a river, giving thanks is being aware really....and returning the care back to Earth that we get from it.

The cycles of life are natural, the larger animals usually do rein over the smaller animals. Not sure if that is what you were asking about the animal part...but I think what the video was saying is that us humans should not hold ourselves as higher then any other creature of Earth. We all are born of Earth, we all come with a right to Earth. We should try to protect any species from becoming extinct. We should try to help where we can.

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to add thoughts!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
While its very good to meditate and seek our path within and do what we can to yearn for an equal fair world, cruelty free that respects nature, if more of this message starts popping up, after avatar, I could see this as NWO's new religion emerging.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Can you please list the 10 commandments? My computer is going too slow tonight for me to watch it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
While its very good to meditate and seek our path within and do what we can to yearn for an equal fair world, cruelty free that respects nature, if more of this message starts popping up, after avatar, I could see this as NWO's new religion emerging.

Well...mabey its just common sense that gets ignored. Im not affiliated with any group but I can see that there is no reason for part of the world to starve while other parts have so much that they are unhealthy from over consumption. There is imbalance and I believe it is part of our duty to find the balance. We have the know how to be able to do this.

Should we just settle for what we are....or should we keep stepping towards more prime images for our home? Wouldnt we be 'more' then what we are, if we hold sted fast to acting like this world IS all we have?

Some religions dont get all geared up when it comes to saving Earth or making it a more balanced planet with its goods....well if you think God is going to wipe this Earth away and give the 'righteous' a new Earth....well then what reason is there to believe this Earth might be here for another million years....God would have come to wipe it away anyways.

I support a world order...but only under the peoples agreement. A world order by force wont work. We all must come together, all religions, all likes and cultures, and show the obvious connection we all have....WE SHARE THE SAME HOME.

Oh...and there is NO WAY this is a NEW thing!! Respect of life and Earth go way way back.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The church of the mother earth

More proof the the tree huggers are trying to turn there Beliefs into a religion.

Is the next thing them going door to door like the Mormons trying to recruit new members.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Can you please list the 10 commandments? My computer is going too slow tonight for me to watch it.

1-Thou shall love and honor the Earth for it blesses thy life and governs thy survival.

2-Thou shall keep each day sacred to the Earth and celebrate the turning of the seasons.

3-Thou shall not hold thyself above other living things nor drive them to extinction.

4-Thou shall give thanks for thy food, to the creatures and plants that nourish thee.

5-Thou shall educate thy offspring for multitudes of people are a blessing unto the Earth when we live in harmony.

6-Thou shall not kill, nor waster Earth's riches upon weapons of war.

7-Thou shall not pursue profit at the Earth's expense (but strive to restore its damaged majesty).

8-Thou shall not hide from thyself or others the consequences of thy actions upon the Earth.

9-Thou shall not steal from future generations by impoverishing or poisoning the Earth.

10-Thou shall consume so all may share the Earths bounty.

To me, it seems like common sense...but to some, well its easy to 'hide from thyself' the consequences for the comfort of conveniences.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

you all use any tactic you can to make fun of people just trying to care. Too bad you get your kicks in such shallow ways.

I dont hug trees, sounds a bit rough on the skin...but I do love the fruit I get from them. They do make great hanging places too. I hope we always have fresh fruit...I hope one day we havent ruined all the natural seeds with our stupid chemicals and genetic changing or what ever it is they are doing to the seeds today. If you want to let them to continue to genetically influence seeds that eventually may not produce nutrients in your fruit anymore...by all means...continue not caring. Your grocery store foods are full of CRAP. There are like over 16,000 chemicals that are considered to be possibly harmful to us that are allowed in our foods.

Im glad you find serious stuff so funny....its very mature of you. Course, you do have to humble yourself to be aware of such things the video speaks of. I guess your reaction shows alot about your character.

My best
LV

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I dont want no freaking religion. Good God...why would I want another religion on this world.

What is it with you people shouting ....NWO religion....Tree hugger religion....WTF is with you people.

Im no fan of religions. Just a good way of life that benefits our species in a balanced way.

This isnt about worship....this isnt about YOU MUST OR ELSE....its your choice, its everyone's choice, step it up or not.

Our world needs balance. That balance starts with mankind.

Some may find this link interesting....

www.cspinet.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The church of the mother earth

More proof the the tree huggers are trying to turn there Beliefs into a religion.

Is the next thing them going door to door like the Mormons trying to recruit new members.

Already has, and the fastest growing religion in the world.
“Wicca”- The Fastest Growing Belief System In The World Today!

And yes, I do hug a tree quite often, for one tree can provide all the oxygen I need to live, while I expel all the carbon dioxide the tree needs. Pretty good system, to my mind. We are here, we are not going away, and we are growing fast.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I just want to repeat, what ever is the fastest growing this and that....I support no religion. As well I dont support ideas of magic. Im not judging the ones that do...but I have no intention with posting this video to tie it to a religion.

To me, its just common sense.

We must learn to drop labels. Its just a way to separate us.

top topics

join