It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] I'll tell you where ats is (SOLVED!)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hey guys - this is kind of getting creepy. Check out what I found on Uruku and where I found it:
HellHorror

Ekimmu
Uruku a.k.a. Utukku
The Seven Demons
Ekimmu
The first myth predates back to roughly 4000 B.C.E. from the ancient Sumer civilization. The ancient Sumerians existed in Mesopotamia and facts prove that by 3100 B.C.E., their culture brought the earliest archeologically proven dynasty; the first cities were built along with establishing the city and state religions were set up and practiced. The Sumerians is the first civilization to receive our attention as the first and oldest myth of a vampire-like being that is the Ekimmu.
The Ekimmu, like many vampire of folklore, was believed to be created when someone died a violent death or was not buried properly. Although not referred to out right as a vampire, the way they are described as helps us to draw the conclusion that these creatures were real intentional psychic vampires. They were described as demonic in nature, severely rotting corpses, phantom-like entities that roamed the earth, unable to rest, in search of victims. In reference to The Devils and Evil Spirits of Babylonia, by R. Campbell Thompson, the creatures preferred the attack pattern of finding a helpless individual, then torment this victim until a priest or priestess could come and perform a ritual or exorcism to force the vampire off.
Ukuru a.k.a. Utukku
Another creature from the Mesopotamian that fits this role as vampire-like creatures is that of the Uruku or Utukku. The Uruku is actually referred to as a �vampyre which attacks man� in a cuneiform inscription. There is very little known about the Uruku, but, the mere fact that it has been referred to as a �vampyre� deems it worthy to mention here.

<< 1  2   >>

join