It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS:Brit Art fire site 'was burgled'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The site of a fire which destroyed more than 100 works of art was burgled before the blaze began, say police.� One of the smaller units where the fire actually began appears to have suffered a burglary, but it is yet to be established if the fire was deliberately started." I first heard about this last week and if my first thought where true then I believe that the alleged stolen artwork is either destined for the black-market or for a private collector

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "It is now believed that the fire began in a particular unit. The warehouse had 34 units in total - two main ones and 32 smaller ones. "One of the smaller units where the fire actually began appears to have suffered a burglary, but it is yet to be established if the fire was deliberately started."Momart's managing director Eugene Boyle said the company was still not able to access the site due to ongoing police investigations.Modern art mogul Charles Saatchi

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If it turns out true that some of the art work is stolen, Many pieces of beautiful artwork Have been destroyed or are being sold on the blackmarket,. Most likely is that the artwork could have been stolen to order for either a very high up buissness man or private collector art work like this was ment for public display not for one mans greedyness.

Related Links
The Saatchi Gallery
fire probe begins
Saatchi 'devastated'
Momart
Fire devastates Saatchi artworks

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here is the link to Scotland Yards Art Division

SLAD

yeah...i agree with seven...stolen and then set fire for an insurance job

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hey Thanks for the link Gryffen I knew I was missing something.
I mean its not all a lost cause I still think some of the art work can be
re-created and not all that much of a lost cause to say those people got something for nouther when it was first created they did well

new topics

join