It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rewrite Ireland's Constitution ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately, these days, TPTB, tend to ignore the constitutions of countries in order to put forward their own agenda. However the constitutions are still there supposedly to protect the citizens of those countries lucky enough to have them. I know that in Europe, when the Lisbon Treaty scam went through, that the sovereign countries basically abandoned their constitutions for the Constitution of Europe. This fact was hidden from the voters. However politicians still try to keep the image of a working constitution going, in order to fool most of the people all of the time.

That's what happened yesterday in Ireland.

Like I said, since the Lisbon Treaty was ratified, our constitutions are not worth the parchment they are written on, but does that mean that a bunch of loser politicians (or anyone) can come along and rewrite it because they feel it does not suit them ... does it ???

If you live in a constitutional country, how would you feel if one of your leaders promised to rewrite your constitution ???

Full article here

[edit on 18-4-2010 by All_Truth_Soon]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Great post. S&F!

Bertie and Cowen have really sold us out.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by All_Truth_Soon

Much as I like Mr Gilmore, and actually think he may do Ireland some good (who’s the alternative?), I’m sure he knows that he cannot do anything to the Constitution without the people’s say-so:

The Constitution can be changed only by a referendum in which every citizen of Ireland, over the age of eighteen, is entitled to vote.

www.constitution.ie...

And besides, the Constitution has been changed before:

The present Constitution replaced the Constitution of the Irish Free State (Saorstát Éireann) which came into existence in 1922.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
When it comes to the Lisbon Treaty, it's a case of OVERRIDING our current constitution rather than CHANGING it.

top topics

join