It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could it change the world..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hi ATS, I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, and it's also my first post, so please be nice ^_^.

We all know that Africa is a huge desert where misery and death reside. So, yesterday, I thought about something. Some of my informations might not be right, so feel free to add infos on my point.

Some people think that all the earthquake we had this year was done by a high technology. Might be true, might be false... But if it had to be true, couldn't we make a Huge Earthquake in africa east coast, or middle, to have a volcano erupt.?

I searched for informations about volcanos earlier, and I already knew that some of eruptions bring an extremely fertile soil. If we could generate a earthquake so big that a big volcano erupt in Africa and brings fertile soil (and also water), it would bring many goods to everyone. More vegetation (Oxygen), more water, a richer life for africans, and even more.

All my facts my not be true, as I said, and I know that huge earthquake could do some damages on earth... But if it's possible to help earth gets healtier, should we at least try?

Thank you ATS, I'm sorry if my english isnt perfect, and if points arent good, but I had to post it.

44Drake44~

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sure.. that would be nice. Take an abandoned area in the desert and make it fertile. Sounds good to me.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Africa is just a huge desert. . . . Really? I had no idea that jungle savanah and mountains were desert. . . .

Considering there is no evidence that any earthquake has been caused by man I must say that a man made volcanic eruption is just as unlikely.

To what end would even attempt to make an African volcano erupt. . . I guess I fail to follow the logic of your post. There is not much rain in the sahara so even with fertile soil. . . .

[edit on 18-4-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think there was a thread on secret underground water reserviors (there were even maps and everything), most notably under the Darfur area but it was covered up because there was a huge genocide going on in that area and the PTB decided it was better to just let them kill each other over the drought in the area as part of the Georgia Guidestones thing rather than say, 'Wait a min guys, you don't need to cull your populations- There's water if you dig deep enough'

news.bbc.co.uk...

I'll copy and paste the entire story just in case it disappears into the ether at some point.

A huge underground lake has been found in Sudan's Darfur region, scientists say, which they believe could help end the conflict in the arid region.

Some 1,000 wells will be drilled in the region, with the agreement of Sudan's government, the Boston University researchers say.

Analysts say competition for resources between Darfur's Arab nomads and black African farmers is behind the conflict.

More than 200,000 Darfuris have died and 2m fled their homes since 2003.

"Much of the unrest in Darfur and the misery is due to water shortages," said geologist Farouk El-Baz, director of the Boston University Center for Remote Sensing, according to the AP news agency.

"Access to fresh water is essential for refugee survival, will help the peace process, and provides the necessary resources for the much needed economic development in Darfur," he said.

'Significant'

The team used radar data to find the ancient lake, which was 30,750 km2 - the size of Lake Erie in North America - the 10th largest lake in the world.

A similar discovery was made in Sudan's neighbour Egypt, where wells have been used to irrigate 150,000 acres of farmland, the researchers say.

map showing underground lake

Radar finds water for refugees
The discovery is "very significant", Hafiz Muhamad from the lobby group Justice Africa told the BBC's Focus on Africa programme.

"The root cause of the conflict is resources - drought and desertification in North Darfur."

He says this led the Arab nomads to move into South Darfur, where they came into conflict with black African farmers.

He also said that it has long been known there was water in the area but the government had not paid for it to be exploited.

French researcher Alain Gachet has also been using satellite images to look for new water resources in Darfur.

Last month, the UN Environmental Programme (Unep) said there was little prospect of peace in Darfur unless the issues of environmental destruction were addressed.

It said deserts had increased by an average of 100 km in the last 40 years, while almost 12% of forest cover had b[queen lost in 15 years.

Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said climate change was partly to blame for the conflict in Darfur in an editorial for US newspaper The Washington Post in June.

There's probably considerable deep underground freshwater lakes, rivers, whole ecosystems all over the world. All that water has to go somewhere but they'd like to have you believe that most of the world's freshwater is contained within the very uppermost Earth crust.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by star in a jar]

[edit on 18-4-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

I'll try to be clear.

When a volcano erupt and lava gets dry, it becomes a fertile soil. So if we could do anything to make a volcano erupt under a deserted area inside desert, it could possibly bring back green.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
better to just let them kill each other over the drought in the area as part of the Georgia Guidestones thing rather than say, 'Wait a min guys, you don't need to cull your populations- There's water if you dig deep enough'[/url]

if someone on the internet could fathom the possibility of water underground in parched reigons...

then couldn't you jsut as well offer the "option" .. that they may be sitting ack saying.. well it's relatively simple.. they just haven't come up with the idea.. or used their own collective intelligence and sklls.. to use that water to their own benefit?

you say "just let themselves kill each other off" ...

could be also said "just let them figure it out on their own" .. but they're NOT.. they're not getting together.. getting organized.. drilling for water.. they're killing each other.

you can't blame TPTB for every African's actions.. OR INACTION..

there's nothing stopping them from becoming as defeloped as Europeans did on their own.
there's nothing stopping them from going and using the water below the surface to thrive.

the fact remains that they have not figured out how to get together and DO IT.

the fact remains that they have not even shown the slightest collective INTENT.. or impetus to desire to do so.

and yes it's unfortunate and sad.

"let them kill each other off as part of some nefariously interpreted Guidestone plan" is ignorant of the facts i just layed out.

using HAARP to bring fertile soil and rainfall to the area would be beautiful.

but for what end result?
to feed and let thrive savagery? the law of the jungle?

how about to let thrive educated individuals .. people with a genuine spiritual and communal collective mindset?

you'd have to sulture that type of mentality in the area before you allow conditions like that to thrive.

cold logic rules over kindness that can kill.

-

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44drake44
reply to post by constantwonder

I'll try to be clear.

When a volcano erupt and lava gets dry, it becomes a fertile soil. So if we could do anything to make a volcano erupt under a deserted area inside desert, it could possibly bring back green.

Not without water and highly regulated and labor intensive irrigation. The water would have to come from somewhere. . . . Fertile soil is useless if its dry and lown away . . . .

It's a desert for a reason. To keep Las Vegas green costs tons of money and your proposing that third world countries with less than stable governments try to irrigate the sahara desert. . . . Do you have any idea how big the sahara region is?

It would take an eruption the likes of which we've never seen to drop enough ash minerals to effect the fertility of the region. An explosion of that magnitude which I would say would have to be larger than the super volcano at yellowstone, would CAUSE drought and famine global temperature drops kill everyone within a huge radius of the epicenter. . .

It's a horrible idea. Would do much more damage than good. It's really simple to understand.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44drake44
We all know that Africa is a huge desert where misery and death reside. So, yesterday, I thought about something. Some of my informations might not be right, so feel free to add infos on my point.

There is a desert in the North of Africa, but most of Africa is forests and Savannah (grassland), as is illustrated by the following vegetation map of Africa:

[edit on 19/4/2010 by Saurus]

new topics

top topics

join